Gerald Everett to Seattle

• DJB changed the title to Gerald Everett to Seattle
1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

It will likely be Ertz or Draft or some TE trade not takes about like Njoku. 

though Cameron Brate would be a good fit too. 

I hope draft.

I really don’t think the bills need to do that much more at TE.

A lot of signs show Knox should progress a lot year 3, and the bills run a ton of 10 and 11 personnel. So 2 TEs on the field at the same time doesn’t seem like it will happen too often.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Geez. I would have done that in a heartbeat. What has Jonnu Smith done to deserve such a massive deal while Everett gets this?

Based on what? Have you looked at his stats? His production has been basically 4 years of 20-30 yards more than Knox's rookie year. The hype he has behind him isn't justified based on what he has done.

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bummer, that’s a great deal, wish we nabbed him.  But still plenty of other TE options still via FA, trade, or draft 

Like who? The rest of the FAs suck. Whose available for trade and decent other than Ertz?

Doesn't this draft class suck?  Besides Pitts it doesn't seem like there are many guys projected to go in the first two rounds. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was hoping for this guy.

Who do you have in mind?

Obvious one would be Ertz trade.  But also think one of Howard or Brate will become available out of TB and Njoku also is probably available.

Veterans like Rudolph, Cook, or even Reed wouldn’t be bad adds as well, especially to at least help further develop Knox.

Or just look at the draft too

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Like who? The rest of the FAs suck. Whose available for trade and decent other than Ertz?

Doesn't this draft class suck?  Besides Pitts it doesn't seem like there are many guys projected to go in the first two rounds. 

See above answer

Just now, whatdrought said:

They just traded for Gabe Jackson as well. 

Getting Russ some help to keep him happy... kinda feels like when your mom got the “fun blocks” set from big lots when you asked for the legos....

Man your showing your age

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Obvious one would be Ertz trade.  But also think one of Howard or Brate will become available out of TB and Njoku also is probably available.

Veterans like Rudolph, Cook, or even Reed wouldn’t be bad adds as well, especially to at least help further develop Knox.

Tampa Bay just extended Brate.  Think it's pretty clear that they're keeping him.

Njoku's $6M 5-th year option for the Browns just guaranteed

Jared Cook interests me.  I don't know anything about his blocking abilities though.  Can he block?

I'm not persuaded Reed is an upgrade nor see how he'd help develop Knox.

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

meh hes basically Knox 2.0

How so?  Much better route runner and pass catcher as far as I can tell.  He did have a bunch of drops last year but it seems to be an aberration as he didn't have that problem previous 2 years.  Iffy as a blocker.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Tampa Bay just extended Brate.  Think it's pretty clear that they're keeping him.

Njoku's $6M 5-th year option for the Browns just guaranteed

Jared Cook interests me.  I don't know anything about his blocking abilities though.  Can he block?

I'm not persuaded Reed is an upgrade nor see how he'd help develop Knox.

How so?  Much better route runner and pass catcher as far as I can tell.  He did have a bunch of drops last year but it seems to be an aberration as he didn't have that problem previous 2 years.  Iffy as a blocker.

Oh, didn’t see the Brate extension.  Well that means that Howard could be available.  I wasn’t thinking both would, just that one likely would be out of Brate or Howard.  I figured it would be Howard

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have a few rams fans in the family and they say hes inconstant as hell 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh, didn’t see the Brate extension.  Well that means that Howard could be available.  I wasn’t thinking both would, just that one likely would be out of Brate or Howard.  I figured it would be Howard

would have loved Brate.  Howard would be great also.  

8 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Might be available, but I would guess the Browns don't want to help make one of their main competitors in the AFC better.

The Browns need 3 good TEs on their roster because they run so many multiple TE sets.  I think they only move Njoku if they have another to take his place.  Seems like Rudolph would have been the likely answer for them, but that didn’t materialize.  I do know that the Browns have fielded offers for Njoku but none they deemed sufficient.  I got the impression that it was likely going to be a player for player trade if it happened. 

49 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I will take Rudolph for about $2 mil next week. We need a blocker and goal line target. Rudolph fits that for a cheaper price. 

I think you are way off in your pricing.  Everett just got $6 mill and he's never sniffed being a pro-bowler.  Kroft got $5 mill.  Rudolph is better than both.

I think it would be a deal to get Rudolph in for $8mill a year.

Part of the lure of trading for Ertz is that you would him for only $8 mill his first year (Philly picks up the rest).  Jonnu just got $12 mill per.