Tyrod to Houston for $12.5 million

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah of course not for the money but I think we are cheaping out on backup qb and it could come back to bite us. 

It's a risk yes but it's a risk 80% of the league takes as I can't name more than 5 quality backup NFL QBs.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

What about the Jets?

The Jets would still suck for couple of more years , we could win 2 SB by then , Miami with Watson NOW I don’t even want to think about it 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

It's a risk yes but it's a risk 80% of the league takes as I can't name more than 5 quality backup NFL QBs.

True. I couldn’t believe the Chiefs have freaking Chad Henne as their backup. Easy could have cost them their season. 

It’s just funny that 2 guys we tried to make franchise QBs- Tyrod and Fitz - would be so awesome behind Allen.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True. I couldn’t believe the Chiefs have freaking Chad Henne as their backup. Easy could have cost them their season. 

It’s just funny that 2 guys we tried to make franchise QBs- Tyrod and Fitz - would be so awesome behind Allen.  

Therein lies the problem both think they think good enough to start because of limited success and now jump from team to team looking to start and/or get highly paid for a chance to start. 

24 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The Patriots are going to send a trailer full of picks over for Watson.

They might just send them all for the next few years. Belichick doesn’t use them very wisely. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Therein lies the problem both think they think good enough to start because of limited success and now jump from team to team looking to start and/or get highly paid for a chance to start. 

True but I’m assuming Tyrod is just a backup. Fitz definitely seems like he is going to start (they should also draft a guy wish I we did when Fitz was here).

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but I’m assuming Tyrod is just a backup. Fitz definitely seems like he is going to start (they should also draft a guy wish I we did when Fitz was here).

We could have as think the plan was to draft Christian Ponder in the 2nd Round but the Vikings messed that up.

Just like the Fitz meme Tyrod should have a similar meme:

Signs with team-Team drafts a rookie QB in the 1st round-Coach announces Tyrod is the starter-Tyrod gets hurt-Rookie lights it up and Tryod spends the season on the bench-rinse & repeat.   

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Dude has got to be closing in on like 75 million in career earnings. Not a bad gig if you can get it

I saw something that said he's been paid $54 million.   He had a $90 million deal with the Bills, but only $9.5 guaranteed.  

Whatever, he's earned enough to have really comfortable life.   Good for him.  

Please, please don't tell me Watson is going to New England.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Signs with team-Team drafts a rookie QB in the 1st round-Coach announces Tyrod is the starter-Tyrod gets hurt-Rookie lights it up and Tryod spends the season on the bench-rinse & repeat.   

Well Houston doesn't have a 1st Rounder this year so Tyrod might be safe.

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I saw something that said he's been paid $54 million.   He had a $90 million deal with the Bills, but only $9.5 guaranteed.  

Whatever, he's earned enough to have really comfortable life.   Good for him.  

Please, please don't tell me Watson is going to New England.  

I don’t even want him in the AFC!  The Texans use a special formula to make his presence bearable. 

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We could have as think the plan was to draft Christian Ponder in the 2nd Round but the Vikings messed that up.

Well, I guess that won’t have been good either haha.  His wife has a better arm. 

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Tyrod is the anti Fitz haha

27 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

In signing Tyrod it hurts teams like the Jets and Panthers making the move as now they can't trade Darnold/Bridgewater back. Yet we'll see maybe he does.

Houston would be crazy to take Bridgewater or Darnold as part of a Watson trade.  Why would they want a 1 year rental of Darnold?  When they trade Watson the higher of the 1st rounders will go on a QB.  Unfortunately the teams with two 1st rounders are the Jets & Dolphins.  Any trade to either of these teams would be for multiple picks & some players.  IMO Houston would also be crazy to take Tua-he can't hold Watson's jock.  

5 hours ago, The Governor said:

The Patriots are going to send a trailer full of picks over for Watson.

Thats exactly what I’m thinking... Beane better start working his wizardry because the Pats will be loaded with talent next year...

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d feel a million times better about the Bills if Allen got hurt if we had Tyrod instead of Barkley. 

Stop it.    He’s hot garbage and couldn’t win a game where his team forced 5 turnovers.  

There’s logically no reason to feel better about having him than any other Qb.    

Paying him more than 55k seems like a huge waste of money.   Poor Texans fans.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Stop it.    He’s hot garbage and couldn’t win a game where his team forced 5 turnovers.  

There’s logically no reason to feel better about having him than any other Qb.    

Paying him more than 55k seems like a huge waste of money.   Poor Texans fans.  

I'd go up 1k to match his outout vs NOLA

• Haha (+1) 1

• 5 months later...

Good game for Tyrod.   There was not a need for him to take chances so he didn't.

He played safe (no interceptions) with 21/33 and 291 passing yards / 40 running yards and long of 52 yards to B. Cooks and 10 different targets.

Jacksonville rookie acted like college game with 4 intersections, 28/51 and 332 passing yards / -1 running yards.

One of the guys at work is member of a pool and is already out.  $100 blown already.  He said that game was his only choice because Tyrod was QB.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nice when the anointed one is tossing picks like they are going out of style.   Maybe people should stop crowning these rookies before the season starts. 

I can't find it now but there was a thread earlier this summer on most likely rookie QB to be a star.  Most chose  Lawrence but I went with Trey Lance.  I will stick by my predication and check back in two or three years...

24 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Great win for TT.  Good bump @Limeaid and in keeping with the hysteria after the Bills lost to the Steelers.........................

Beane screwed up and should of kept Tyrod!

Discuss.

I am not qualified to discuss if you are insane or just sarcastic.  Maybe you have an altar to Tyrod at home.

I guess you would have preferred a new thread but as I said he is okay when he does not take chances but is wrong QB when chances need to be taken - opposite of a gun slinger.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

I am not qualified to discuss if you are insane or just sarcastic.  Maybe you have an altar to Tyrod at home.

I guess you would have preferred a new thread but as I said he is okay when he does not take chances but is wrong QB when chances need to be taken - opposite of a gun slinger.

Sarcasm.  Bit I did mean good game for TT.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good for Tyrod. Glad to see him have a great opening game after getting hurt the last couple times around.

But Texans: if you were planning to tank, well, you've got the wrong former Bill at QB. May I suggest maybe Matt Barkley? Nathan Peterman? 6-11 or 7-10, here we come. 

I thought Gruden was busy trying to make a QB out of Peterman?

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

lol yall still think Tyrod is a starting QB in this league huh?  ahhahaahahh

thanks for the laugh,   needed it after watching the Bills offense today.

I mean... He is literally a starting QB in this league, so...

Edited by MPT

20 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Has he thrown a 300 yd game in his career? 

The Miami game at the end of the 2016 season that probably would have put us in the playoffs.  He put us ahead with 1:20 left and the defense choked.  Drove us to the Miami 17 in overtime and the kicker choked followed by the defense choking again.  All that said  QB to QB if I'm going to be in a shoot out I'd rather have Allen but if you have a defense and a running game and no established franchise QB Taylor isn't a bad guy to bring in.