Bills a rumored suitor for Kareem Hunt trade

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeldon I only think was active 3 games?

Maybe, anyways I doubt DS goes anywhere myself. I do think another RB is bought in though and they still do a rotation. But you never know I guess, they could trade him, but I don't see any value ihe will get. Beane can definitely surprise you though so wouldn't put it past him to get something.

If he could get a 3rd for Tyrod, he can do anything I suppose lol

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Damn near sounds like 'legal tampering', doesn't it! 😁

I can't believe everyone believes this dude just because he called Jonnu to NE an hour before Schefter did. He was even off on the money he said Jonnu was signing for

28 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Hunt isn't on that big of a contract? Why would they look to get rid of their dynamic duo which was the catalyst of their offense? Just doesn't make sense. 

He’s the 11th highest paid RB in the league and whenever Chubb signs he will be the highest. Can’t pay two RBs. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Njoku did next to nothing last year and has a $6M+ cap hit............that would require some major payroll restructures to create.........so what are you going to do?   Sign him to an extension?   What would it be worth for someone who has been a bust so far?   And if it's not an aav of big $ per year why would he want to do that going into his walk year where he is looking to break out?    I just don't see how Njoku is a fit in a trade scenario.    And Hunt certainly isn't worth a second or third round pick.

Hunt is absolutely worth a 3rd and our 2nd is practically a third.  If we can do the trade for our third, even better.  Just saying I would give up as much as our 2nd this year for those 2 in a trade.

Or even better send either Moss or Devin and our 5th for Hunt.  All I really want is Hunt, but Njoku would also be a great get if we can get him in a package.

Or offer Devin or Moss plus our 5th and see if they bite, at least on Hunt. 

Hunt is young and a complete RB.  As a full time starter he would be a perennial top 5 RB for the next 4 years.  Especially on a dynamic offense like us.  I like Moss and Devin, but they are just not in the same class as Hunt as either a runner or receiver.

Just adding Hunt alone puts us neck and neck with KC, if not the favorite to represent the AFC in the SB next year.  Especially with all the OL question marks KC Shaw to fill still.  

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Also since yolo posted it I'm assuming it's a reliable source but looking at his Twitter it seems like a completely random person on the internet?

It’s a rumor being discussed on Cleveland radio, they don’t seem shocked 

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Hunt and Odell to the Dolphins

Fake account 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That is such a bad take.

What he did was stupid and unacceptable..........the argument is whether or not he's paid for it...........and he was punished and served his punishment.

That's the reasoning.......not that what he did wasn't so bad.

That he did something bad and rightfully got punished is all known. But I’m not into absolutes.  If he’d done something even close to what, say, Ray Rice did, I wouldn’t want him on the team period. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hunt is absolutely worth a 3rd and our 2nd is practically a third.  If we can do the trade for our third, even better.  Just saying I would give up as much as our 2nd this year for those 2 in a trade.

Or even better send either Moss or Devin and our 5th for Hunt.  All I really want is Hunt, but Njoku would also be a great get if we can get him in a package.

Hunt is young and a complete RB.  As a full time starter he would be a perennial top 5 RB for the next 4 years.  Especially on a dynamic offense like us.  I like Moss and Devin, but they are just not in the same class as Hunt as either a runner or receiver.

Just adding Hunt alone puts us neck and neck with KC, if not the favorite to represent the AFC in the SB next year.  Especially with all the OL question marks KC Shaw to fill still.  

If the 2's in play, I think we also look at swapping picks in the first. Not trying to get greedy, but that feels like solid value for all... 

Browns move back 4 spots in the 1st, move a disgruntled TE and get value for their backup RB. Bills move up in the first, address 2 positional needs while taking on some risk... EDIT: it's not a massive jump up, but I think 26 puts both Phillips and Ossai in play, and those two have GOT to be priorities for us...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Agree 1

If you believe in second chances and that Hunt should get one you sign him.   I believe this is the only arrest he's ever had?  Good chance that he never does this again and he goes on to live a decent life.  If not for the arrest this is a homerun trade. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

If the 2's in play, I think we also look at swapping picks in the first. Not trying to get greedy, but that feels like solid value for all... 

Browns move back 4 spots in the 1st, move a disgruntled TE and get value for their backup RB. Bills move up in the first, address 2 positional needs while taking on some risk...

I like that addition actually quite a bit.  Nice work

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

That he did something bad and rightfully got punished is all known. But I’m not into absolutes.  If he’d done something even close to what, say, Ray Rice did, I wouldn’t want him on the team period. 

Fwiw.......that was Ray Rice's ONLY reported off field violence issue.    Hunt has had multiple.........the fact that he didn't succeed in knocking the woman he assaulted unconscious in this one instance of violence of multiple should not put him in a different classification.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Controversial take: the incident involving Hunt was WAY overblown and not nearly as bad as people made it out to be. The punishment he got was a result of the NFL trying to make up for the ray rice debacle. 

I would have no problem with him on the bills but I'm not trading a high draft pick or paying him a lot of money, same stance on RBs in general.

Agreed.  As a football player you need to be above using your hands (or single foot) in any types of confrontation.  He was clearly intoxicated - so was everyone in that video.  He claims she called him a slur, she claims something else.  In any case - totally avoidable. 

At the same time... Nothing in that video to me said anyone should go to jail or even be charged with anything.  This was not domestic violence, it was a confrontation between relative strangers.  The suspension/release was a pretty steep punishment imo.  Winston got 3 games for groping an uber driver.  

As for the whether he fits with buffalo?  They still have dodson who did a 6 game suspension for a domestic violence suspension on the disorderly conduct plea deal from his incident.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It's all just discussion but $11M in cap space and a second round pick is a big investment in those two.....seems pretty unrealistic.  

Njoku is a talented player who can't get his sh*t together despite being in a good offense and them badly wanting him to..........Hunt is a lot of baggage and not a lot of actual running back.........he's literally a league average runner the past 2 seasons(4.2) versus the seemingly pedestrian Singletary (4.8).   Yes Hunt is an improvement as a receiver but he isn't some HR hitter at this stage of his career. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fwiw.......that was Ray Rice's ONLY reported off field violence issue.    Hunt has had multiple.........the fact that he didn't succeed in knocking the woman he assaulted unconscious in this one instance of violence of multiple should not put him in a different classification.    

What other incidents did Hunt have?

Worth mentioning with the Roberts news, Hunt is/was no slouch returning kicks. Not that I think that's how we'd use him, I think he'd become the defacto bellcow RB with Moss maybe getting 8-10 touches, but worth noting...

Still doubting this happens.

5 minutes ago, Ggaenzle said:

There’s different levels to mistakes for example kicking a women is pretty high up the list

You mean gently tapping a woman who is causing problems and not leaving a private room when she is fall down drunk should make this person a pariah for the rest of their life.  Sounds good!!  Let's keep it up!

Just now, Demongyz said:

You mean gently tapping a woman who is causing problems and not leaving a private room when she is fall down drunk should make this person a pariah for the rest of their life.  Sounds good!!  Let's keep it up!

Pretty sure he kind of kicked her while she was on the ground too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Demongyz said:

Hence the fall down drunk part of the comment.

But it was a shove followed up by a kick instead of just walking away. A d*ck move on his part, drunk or not. 

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's all just discussion but $11M in cap space and a second round pick is a big investment in those two.....seems pretty unrealistic.  

Njoku is a talented player who can't get his sh*t together despite being in a good offense and them badly wanting him to..........Hunt is a lot of baggage and not a lot of actual running back.........he's literally a league average runner the past 2 seasons(4.2) versus the seemingly pedestrian Singletary (4.8).   Yes Hunt is an improvement as a receiver but he isn't some HR hitter at this stage of his career. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, but he didn't get very much plying time with Chubb playing  did he? Either way, I don't see him coming to Bills anyways.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm not necessarily saying he isn't deserving of a second chance.  I'm simply saying I can't see Kim Pegula giving one to him.

I hear ya, If I’m a woman in a position of power, I’m not likely to hire this guy if he hasn’t repented in a very obvious way, and shown himself to have changed his behavior over a notable period of time, and even then I would be hesitant to hire him. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

But it was a shove followed up by a kick instead of just walking away. A d*ck move on his part, drunk or not. 

I agree.  Not the classiest thing to do, definitely an assault to some degree.

Some people change others don't.  Who has he kicked lately?

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This stage of his career?  What are you talking about?  Hunt is only 25 years old and has a career 4.6 YPC, and has a 5.7 YPC in the post season.  He is also an excellent receiver.  

I dont have anything against Devin, I like him and Moss.  But Hunt is just flat out better than both.  

And Njoku is behind a high priced FA TE they signed in Hooper and they also have a promising young TE in Bryant.  He isnt struggling, its just there are 3 TE's there and Njoku also got hurt.  

You have a terrible take on all matters of this subject right now.  Not to mention, you are also just making stuff up in other posts about Hunt's "off field" stuff.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Demongyz said:

I agree.  Not the classiest thing to do, definitely an assault to some degree.

Some people change others don't.  Who has he kicked lately?

No one that I know of and he's still only 25 years old. I don't know if he would fit the mold around here. Either way, the source is kind of sketchy so we'll see what happens.