Tyler Kroft positive COVID result reported Sat am [EDIT: now said to be false pos and he's active again]

RiotAct

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

yeah, seriously.   He was spared back in week 6 or whenever because he was out on paternity right?

Fate caught up

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Damn Tight Ends! WTF is the matter with you guys? Can’t follow team guidelines? Undisciplined SOBs! 

Of course he’s not essential, but who else is he gonna drag down? 🤬

There are a million ways to get exposed even if you ARE following the protocols. So I wouldn't be so quick to assume it's his fault.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Damn Tight Ends! WTF is the matter with you guys? Can’t follow team guidelines? Undisciplined SOBs! 

Of course he’s not essential, but who else is he gonna drag down? 🤬

they likely did not back up, or mask up.  Just kidding, who knows.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Fate caught up

There are a million ways to get exposed even if you ARE following the protocols. So I wouldn't be so quick to assume it's his fault.

I’m quick to call him a contributor to him getting exposed to it. 

Just now, Steptide said:

The practice squad elevations makes me think we're not gonna see alot of starters tomorrow 

Don't know why anyone ever thought otherwise.

My guess is Diggs, white, hughes, poyer/hyde, some lbs all inactive. Josh plays a series or two. And that's it. 

Two things I wonder about:

1) will they stop the needless hand shaking after games .. it is bizarre how they have all these protocols in place but then after the game they are hugging and otherwise getting close to the other team. Simply maddening. 
2) will players who already tested positive be exempt from the close contact protocol?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Then get some sleep! 

I just don’t understand why it’s ok for a mod to contribute judgement towards a player for getting Covid. This is unnecessary imo. I’m admittedly touchy about this topic, but it just doesn’t across good, and I’m genuinely not trying to be difficult. Just voicing my opinion, and I’m done. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't know why anyone ever thought otherwise.

My guess is Diggs, white, hughes, poyer/hyde, some lbs all inactive. Josh plays a series or two. And that's it. 

Alot of people want(ed) to nail down that 2 seed. I'd rather have a healthy roster going into playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

On the bright side, all players use a proximity recording device to facilitate contact tracing while on the premises, so we would probably already know if this affected other players availability. I would hope.

Edited by Rocky Landing

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Alot of people want(ed) to nail down that 2 seed. I'd rather have a healthy roster going into playoffs 

It’s all pretty random, that’s what makes this Virus so hard to deal with, that and people not caring...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ToBillsFan said:

If I were the team owner I would fine these guys heavily for not distancing themselves from crowds. I mean you lose 2-3 stars and that could be your season. There’s a few weeks left (hopefully) so just get it together and follow some rules it’s not that hard 

I’d bet that Kroft WAS diligently following all protocols. You don’t just get Covid from hanging out with crowds. He is a stand up, hard working, follow the rules to a T kinda guy from all we’ve seen. Your thoughts here are pretty short sighted

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Already had it anyway. Kroft wouldn’t have been active except Gilliam is hurt... more Lee smith I guess In the playoffs 

Do they no longer consider players that have had it a risk? 

I know there's the whole medical field debate but I'm just asking what the NFL ruling is in his case. Don't want to go down that other road. 

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

I’d bet that Kroft WAS diligently following all protocols. You don’t just get Covid from hanging out with crowds. He is a stand up, hard working, follow the rules to a T kinda guy from all we’ve seen. Your thoughts here are pretty short sighted

Yeah we don't know ***** I mean this thing is everywhere people are going to catch it and not for nothing but we've been pretty fortunate on this team. If we're randomly speculating I'd say Kroft was much more likely to catch it from family coming over the holidays to see that brand new baby than he was out partying in crowds.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, The Wiz said:

Do they no longer consider players that have had it a risk? 

I know there's the whole medical field debate but I'm just asking what the NFL ruling is in his case. Don't want to go down that other road. 

If he's already had it he's far less likely to catch it again having built up immunity.

• Like (+1) 1

Millions of $ at stake for players etc

How hard is it to isolate for a few more weeks?  

Do a TRAINING CAMP style competitive advantage?

take an already closed St John Fisher style college and stay in TRAINING CAMP style bubble for a few weeks or even until FEB!

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Is this his second time? Or was he just a close contact last time? 

Ironically, Kroft was our one active TE for the 2nd Jets game after Becker, Sweeney, and Smith were all considered close contacts of Knox.

He was also considered a close contact of someone else who got it - Josh Norman?