Week 16 Postgame Thread Bills @ Pats*

Chandler#81

I don't know who's watched Allen's post game presser from yesterday-- I'm sure it's been posted somewhere upstream-- but as I was watching it, I started to get the distinct impression that Josh was hiding some sadness. Maybe it's just me, but the longer I watched, the more I felt that he looked like he was just... down. Like maybe he had received some bad news, or something. Anyone else get that impression?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't know who's watched Allen's post game presser from yesterday-- I'm sure it's been posted somewhere upstream-- but as I was watching it, I started to get the distinct impression that Josh was hiding some sadness. Maybe it's just me, but the longer I watched, the more I felt that he looked like he was just... down. Like maybe he had received some bad news, or something. Anyone else get that impression?

Like he's sitting next Sunday?

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

are you inferring about beasely? No - he looks super focused about winning in the playoffs. man on a mission 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Maybe..  But what I think I see is someone trying to avoid the hype.  Avoid getting overconfident.  I suspect guys like Josh and Lamar remember January all to well this year and want to avoid reading their own press clippings.  He certainly sat by Beasley for a good while yesterday.  What makes Josh Allen special in my eyes, is he seems to care about the people he is playing with.  He is the first to credit the players and coaches around him for the success the Bills are having.  He hasn't earned anything yet.  Having to sit through interview after interview taking all that adulation must be a genuine challenge to channel and compartmentalize.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, balln said:

are you inferring about beasely? No - he looks super focused about winning in the playoffs. man on a mission 

I wasn't, no. Not speculating at all. It's just an impression I was getting from his demeanor, his expression, and his eyes. Maybe that's just him. I will say that during the game I was was impressed that he looked utterly relaxed throughout.

8 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Not to make excuses for Davis but.........

I felt like retiring as fan that day....it was 95 degrees in the stands and about 20 degrees hotter on the field with no breeze.

It was hot like Hell in that stadium

You could clearly see he was struggling to run after his surgery to have his groin muscle reattatched.

True, I think he was done, but that was just such an odd way to hang up the cleats.

At the time all I was thinking sarcastically was, "This helps cement Buffalo as a beacon for FA talent..."

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

They should just cut Barkley for getting Beasley injured. Let's see what Fromm or Webb can do. I'm sure they can't do any worse than Matt 'the Barf' Barkely.

I'm confused as at some point I'd been lead to belief that Barkley should be STARTING for this team (until Allen can *cough cough* learn, of course).

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

My job is mentally demanding/taxing, and I am very good at it. It could be said that releasing on the internet is better than releasing in the office or at home. However I am old school and only use internet forums or irc, none of that social media garbage. I have seen people at my own company get into trouble on facebook. Just not the smartest ppl.

But are you elite at it?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Not at all. He sounds more like a QB who realizes that they haven’t finished the job yet and is staying focused on the task at hand. Even keel. A great trait for a QB to have. 

58 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LOL, I live in NH., I'm surrounded by them. You know who's a Pats season ticket holder? My boss. I'll let him bring the game up.

My boss lives in NH and is also a Patriots fan. I am certainly NOT bringing it up. I’ll be humble and say it was a well contested game, all the while knowing it was a huge beat down. 20 years of frustration, bottled up into one game.

Side note: The Bills hit hard and were pissed off last night. Keep it up. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Buffalo Bills did what the New England Patriotswould have done — and have done — so many times. The Bills ran up the score on a lesser team (in this case, the Patriots). And then Buffalo put in its backups, who still looked superior against New England. And so the Patriots lost, 38-9, on Monday Night Football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-vs-bills-game-recap-130047420.html

Actually, I think they didn't do what the Cheaters have done - which is leave Brady in til the end and run up the score. McD did what they would not have, pulled his starters early in the 4th and showed mercy to not embarrass them even further.  Does anyone not think if the Bills really wanted to we couldn't have hung 50 on them and gotten Josh 400 yds?  I was hoping they would.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

NFL Network is replaying last night’s game today at 4 pm, eastern time. Not gonna lie, I am pouring a glass of bourbon and preparing to relive my bliss.

Thanks!  That one gets saved on my DVR for eternity, or obsolescence..

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

did you not see what happened to Beasley? Imagine if that were Diggs 

I understand.  Im advicating the core guys sit next week.  Putting up 50 plus was just a selfish indulgance I would have enjoyed.  It by all means wasnt the smart move but I also wouldnt have hated it.

38 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

I wonder where he is

Excellent point!  Jeff Tuel, who's been out of the league for how many years now?  That Jeff Tuel?  HAHA.

I will say that the moribund Bills made for a funner board experience, in particular when the QB whisperers came out, but otherwise no.  Absolutely not.