Week 16 Postgame Thread Bills @ Pats*

Chandler#81

22 minutes ago, Success said:

Belichick really could have done better in that presser. And I mean that seriously.

He's a grown man.  Man up and give a team that you have owned some credit, and give an outstanding QB some real props.

That was embarrassing.  A sore loser through & through.

That is literally how every one of his PCs are when he loses - often they are even worse.   It is incredible to me he is not eviscerated for his behavior - worse than a child.

The question about his Josh MVP comments and the follow up were the toughest questions I've ever heard someone ask - usually the media cowers at his inane sling blade routine - maybe now he will feel some heat and have to answer real questions

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Have to say, Cam Newton looks done. Can't see another team signing him next year. His arm is just dead, I guess? When he missed that pass over the middle to a wide open guy when he had to run up in the pocket, I was a little shocked. He skipped it off the ground.

Guess his injuries and shoulder problems have done him in?

I mean it's sad but it's the NFL Not For Long.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Bill and his defenses did help Allen fast-track on having to become a student of reading coverages. School of hard knocks, but for some players those losses help them get stronger.

Yeah if you want a symbol of Allen's progress look no further than the Patriots games. Last year at home against the Pats he played the worst game of his career. Single handedly lost us the game. Then the 2nd game he played decently well but missed a few too many throws and fell short at the end. This year at home he wasn't asked to do much but he made no major mistakes and played a really solid game manager role in a win. Then today he utterly dominated them. A crazy leap from where he started.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Just now, Warcodered said:

man that movie was a terrible.

Jingoistic?  Yes.  Improbable?  Yes.  Entertaining as hell?  Yes!  Mahalo MFer?  Disabled vet fighting an alien?  Refitting the Mighty Mo to go to war?  C'mon man!  Every time I hear the opening bars to Thunderstruck, I see them tipping the gumball machine onto the ground as the first step of turning a museum back into a Battleship! 

Just now, stevewin said:

That is literally how every one of his PCs are when he loses - often they are even worse.   It is incredible to me he is not eviscerated for his behavior - worse than a child.

The question about his Josh MVP comments and the follow up were the toughest questions I've ever heard someone ask - usually the media cowers at his inane sling blade routine - maybe now he will feel some heat and have to answer real questions

Probably not getting as much leeway with having a losing season.

which reminds me.

Run New Year Confetti GIF - RunNewYear Confetti Sad - Discover & Share GIFs

welcome to the sub .500 club Bill.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Have to say, Cam Newton looks done. Can't see another team signing him next year. His arm is just dead, I guess? When he missed that pass over the middle to a wide open guy when he had to run up in the pocket, I was a little shocked. He skipped it off the ground.

I would take Jeff Tuel over Cam Newton.

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Success said:

Belichick really could have done better in that presser. And I mean that seriously.

He's a grown man.  Man up and give a team that you have owned some credit, and give an outstanding QB some real props.

That was embarrassing.  A sore loser through & through.

I mean, what do you want him to say?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/everything-bill-belichick-said-after-patriots-e2-80-99-loss-monday-e2-80-98we-just-weren-e2-80-99t-able-to-do-much-in-any-phase-of-the-game-e2-80-99/ar-BB1cj7wg

Opening statement: Well, it was obviously a good performance today by Buffalo. They have a good team. They’re well-coached. They played well tonight. Yeah, we just weren’t able to do much in any phase of the game. They outplayed us across the board, outplayed us and out-coached us. They did a good job. They’re a very good football team. We can see why they’re the AFC East champions this year. They deserve to be.

Well, tonight we didn’t play as well as we’re capable of and Buffalo played well. They’re certainly the better team tonight. Better than we were in all phases of the game: offense, defense, special teams, playing, coaching, fundamentals. They did a better job than we did.

They [the broadcasters] did say you said that you weren’t buying into the Josh Allen MVP craze a couple times. Is that a fair interpretation of what you said to them?

BB: I said multiple times that Josh Allen is a good football player, he’s played well, and he’s having a good year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jingoistic?  Yes.  Improbable?  Yes.  Entertaining as hell?  Yes!  Mahalo MFer?  Disabled vet fighting an alien?  Refitting the Mighty Mo to go to war?  C'mon man!  Every time I hear the opening bars to Thunderstruck, I see them tipping the gumball machine onto the ground as the first step of turning a museum back into a Battleship! 

They cast Liam Neeson and he was barely in it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean it's sad but it's the NFL Not For Long.

I'm not too sad. Newton is a real tool, in my opinion. I haven't been able to stand him since those joint practices seeing what an idiot he was (and then he didn't even play the preseason game).

And all of his pouting on the sidelines and bad attitudes in interviews. I won't be sad to see him out of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Does anyone have a link to those comments? 

Edit: best I could find was this, which referred to them but didn't quote or show them

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/bill-belichick-apparently-doesnt-buy-josh-allen-craze

"Talking to him this week, he didn’t buy into the Josh Allen craze," said Griese. "He said, ‘You know what, we actually played pretty good defense against Josh Allen when we played in November.’ You know that Bill Belichick will have something cooked up for Josh Allen. If you think the Buffalo Bills are just going to roll the ball to the 50-yard line and take a victory lap around Gillette Stadium, that man has another thing coming."

"There was no question that Bill really got fired up when talking to him about potentially being swept, Josh Allen being one of the MVP favorites," Riddick added. "He was not having any of it. I guarantee you, he coached his football team as hard as he probably coached it all year long leading up to this game.

Funny how perceptions differ.  Belichick may think he played good defense against Josh Allen.   My perception was, weather expected to be poor, Josh still playing with a linebacker brace on his left side, Daboll came down with a game plan that essentially snapped a leash on Allen's arm and said "this is what I expect from you, follow this plan".  What did he say "we practiced about 50 plays on Friday and 2 of them were pass plays"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was from Riddick/Griese comments on the broadcast

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/bill-belichick-apparently-doesnt-buy-josh-allen-craze

"Talking to him this week, he didn’t buy into the Josh Allen craze," said Griese. "He said, ‘You know what, we actually played pretty good defense against Josh Allen when we played in November.’ You know that Bill Belichick will have something cooked up for Josh Allen. If you think the Buffalo Bills are just going to roll the ball to the 50-yard line and take a victory lap around Gillette Stadium, that man has another thing coming."

"There was no question that Bill really got fired up when talking to him about potentially being swept, Josh Allen being one of the MVP favorites," Riddick added. "He was not having any of it. I guarantee you, he coached his football team as hard as he probably coached it all year long leading up to this game.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Cam Newton needs to work on his mechanics IMO. 

I don't think Cams done from a health standpoint and its not like he's had much of a supporting cast. Great HC ,sure, but from a player standpoint the Pats are not very good this season.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I found this on a quick search.  I'm sure there is more.

https://www.ampgoo.com/bill-belichick-apparently-doesn-t-buy-into-the-josh-allen-craze

Belichick apparently "didn't appear in the Josh Allen craze," which originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston
Josh Allen may not win this year's NFL MVP Award, but the Buffalo Bills quarterback's name is definitely worth mentioning in the conversation.
Just don't have a conversation with Bill Belichick.
Apparently, the New England Patriots head coach isn't getting on Josh Allen's hype train just yet. On ESPN's Monday Night Football show, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick stated that when Belichick chatted with them about Allen, he wasn't exactly thrilled with QB's third year.
2020 NFL Power Rankings Week 17: There's a lot at stake in the last week
"When he spoke to him this week, he didn't buy into Josh Allen's craze," said Griese. "He said, 'You know what? We defended pretty well against Josh Allen in November.' You know Bill Belichick will have something for Josh Allen. If you think the Buffalo Bills are just going to roll. " the ball on the 50-yard line and a winning lap at Gillette Stadium, this man still has something to do. "

Just now, Figster said:

Cam Newton needs to work on his mechanics IMO. 

I don't think Cams done from a health standpoint and its not he's had much of a supporting cast. Great HC ,sure, but from a player standpoint the Pats are not very good this season.

I don't think he has the arm to get it to receivers anymore. Like at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is what the Commentator said:

“There was no question that Bill really got fired up when talking to him about potentially being swept, Josh Allen being one of the MVP favorites. He was not having any of it.” added Riddick.

I think if anything happened in some of the game prep maybe he was annoyed with the narrative they were pushing when in reality NE did slow us down pretty good the first time we played. Everything I've seen this week though he was very high on both the team and Allen.

I just finished a 10 minute text conversation with a friend we argued a bit about Allen vs Mahomes. I won’t get too far into it, but it ended with my most quotable statement about my relationship with the Buffalo Bills.

” Loving football didn’t make me love the Bills. Loving the Bills made me love football “.

Hot damn I love days like today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I just finished a 10 minute text conversation with a friend we argued a bit about Allen vs Mahomes. I won’t get too far into it, but it ended with my most quotable statement about my relationship with the Buffalo Bills.

” Loving football didn’t make me love the Bills. Loving the Bills made me love football “.

Hot damn I love days like today.

Nice.  I've been getting texts from people around the country all evening.

Everyone loved the BB slap down and they all said and I mean all of them said they want to see the Bills succeed.

They all say something along the lines of "You guys deserve this team".

That's even from a buddy of mine who is a long long time Steelers fan.  He said, "I don't want to play you guys again in the playoffs".

What a great night!

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Congratulations to the Buffalo Bills who are now in the top 10 in both offense and defense as they climbed from 17 to 10 in D (345.7 yards per game) and #4 in offense (392.5 ypg).

Bills have also faced 7 out of the top 15 defenses in the League.  8 if you consider two games against the Pats.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Nice.  I've been getting texts from people around the country all evening.

Everyone loved the BB slap down and they all said and I mean all of them said they want to see the Bills succeed.

They all say something along the lines of "You guys deserve this team".

That's even from a buddy of mine who is a long long time Steelers fan.  He said, "I don't want to play you guys again in the playoffs".

What a great night!

That team is going to suffer some backlash for years no one is going to want to be the one to make a trade to help them be good.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That team is going to suffer some backlash for years no one is going to want to be the one to make a trade to help them be good.

Ad the gravy train of FAs signing for nothing to win a ring is over   O V E R

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That PIT fan of mine Randy said he sees hard times ahead for the Steelers.

I do agree with him that they never should of gave Ben anything more than 1 year at a time extensions back last year.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I still just want to know where High Football IQ is with his Miami winning the division and the Pats will take second crap is.  Oh and BillsMafi$ with his bashing of the team in the gameday thread.  They been missing for about a month.  I wonder why?

What? Who?!? Me??

😳

• Haha (+1) 2