Week 16 NFL Power Rankings

Ok, I know you’re guys are going to throw at me I don’t care about these things, so this is for you guys.  I just wrote down where each one that came out, but didn’t make it fancy.  I’ll leave it up to my friends to do all the links and graphics like Shady does all the time.

Here you go.

USA Today

3rd

Draft Kings (they broke out as Chiefs tier, then Top Tier)

Bills

Packers 

Saints

Pro Football Network

2nd

NBC.sports

2nd

Bleeding Green Nation

2nd

NY Post

3rd

Sporting News 

3rd

So have fun and all of you techy guys can insert whatever you want, or I’m sure others will come out today.

I still don’t care, I just thought you guys would like someone to start it and make it better today.  Pretty much looks like in most of these polls, the top 4 (not necessarily in this order, but the Chiefs are at the top in each one) are the Chiefs, Packers, Bills, and Saints.  It’s hard to point out the 5th as it starts to be all over the place with Seahawks and Bucs as two examples.

I will say to be consistent, I don’t care that much about PR, just standings.  Now let’s get to 13-3 for the first time in 29 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Considering we’re a Hail Murray away from being 8-0 the last 8 weeks, nothing lower than #2 is acceptable and I’m advocating for Numero Uno!

Once John Brown gets back, I agree...its just a matter of where the ball bounces when we play KC.  🙂

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

There is starting to be a feel of INEVITABILITY to this year.

I don’t do superstitions but some of you do , so I won’t say IT.

But, you can see me thinking IT and a bunch of you are thinking IT too.

And, IT’S AWESOME 😎 

I can honestly say that a deep run would have been satisfactory for me before the Denver game.  I came out of that win thinking of much bigger things.  MUCH bigger things.

"This shirt and hat are fine and dandy..."  Indeed @JA17 . . . indeed.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Week 15 is in the books

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/22/power-rankings-week-16-chiefs-packers-bills

2. Buffalo Bills (11–3)

Last week: Win at Denver 48–19
Next week: at New England (Mon.)

Josh Allen’s all grown up, and so is this Bills group—and it’s no mistake they’re here. Four years of building has manifested in an AFC power that looks like it could be Kansas City’s long-term foil in the conference.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30574417/nfl-power-rankings-week-16-1-32-poll-plus-most-underrated-standout-team?platform=amp

2. Buffalo Bills (11-3)

Week 15 ranking: 3

Most underrated star: WR Cole Beasley

While most of the focus on the Bills' wide receiver corps has deservedly been on Stefon Diggs, Beasley has put together the best season of his career.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-16-power-rankings-seahawks-up-to-no-4-rams-fall-five-spots-jaguars-sink-to-bottom-and-have-hope/amp/

3  BILLS  --11-3-0

They are flying high on offense now. The Bills have already won the AFC East, which is the first time since 1996. They will be dangerous come playoff time.

https://www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2020/12/22/22194807/nfl-power-rankings-week-16

#3  Buffalo  Bills. 11-3

https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-16-lots-of-movement/amp/

#3. Buffalo Bills, 11-3 (3)

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How many times have you guys read/heard “first division title since 1995”? It’s easily in the hundreds for me. Kinda like when Fred Jackson was still playing every time he touched the ball the announcer of the week would throw in “Jackson played football at Coe college” and think he was the smartest man on tv

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

How many times have you guys read/heard “first division title since 1995”? It’s easily in the hundreds for me. Kinda like when Fred Jackson was still playing every time he touched the ball the announcer of the week would throw in “Jackson played football at Coe college” and think he was the smartest man on tv

Did you know Fitzpatrick went to Harvard?

• Haha (+1) 4

It's ok we still are nothing till we get to the AFC Championship game in the eyes of most. People now clinging into the Houston playoff loss since this season has not gone well enough for them in terms of hate.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Week 15 is in the books

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/22/power-rankings-week-16-chiefs-packers-bills

2. Buffalo Bills (11–3)

Last week: Win at Denver 48–19
Next week: at New England (Mon.)

Josh Allen’s all grown up, and so is this Bills group—and it’s no mistake they’re here. Four years of building has manifested in an AFC power that looks like it could be Kansas City’s long-term foil in the conference.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30574417/nfl-power-rankings-week-16-1-32-poll-plus-most-underrated-standout-team?platform=amp

2. Buffalo Bills (11-3)

Week 15 ranking: 3

Most underrated star: WR Cole Beasley

While most of the focus on the Bills' wide receiver corps has deservedly been on Stefon Diggs, Beasley has put together the best season of his career.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-16-power-rankings-seahawks-up-to-no-4-rams-fall-five-spots-jaguars-sink-to-bottom-and-have-hope/amp/

3  BILLS  --11-3-0

They are flying high on offense now. The Bills have already won the AFC East, which is the first time since 1996. They will be dangerous come playoff time.

https://www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2020/12/22/22194807/nfl-power-rankings-week-16

#3  Buffalo  Bills. 11-3

https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-16-lots-of-movement/amp/

#3. Buffalo Bills, 11-3 (3)

I knew you would come through, just didn’t want to ask.  11-3 looks good to me right now.  Sal mentioned this morning Diggs foot/ankle doesn’t look serious from McD.  That’s great news as we can easily have Brown be one a pitch count if he’s ready and just be in 25% and maybe 40-50% next

week.  we take our time with Him and we are at full speed In the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I knew you would come through, just didn’t want to ask.  11-3 looks good to me right now.  Sal mentioned this morning Diggs foot/ankle doesn’t look serious from McD.  That’s great news as we can easily have Brown be one a pitch count if he’s ready and just be in 25% and maybe 40-50% next

week.  we take our time with Him and we are at full speed In the playoffs.

lol yeah I forgot to search first 

sure does look good 

If Brown comes back Diggs may not need to play as much.  

lets run it down the Pats throat!!!!

And nearly every Power Ranking discussing us is mentioning us vs the Chiefs.

I know this team will be prepared, but I really hope they aren't looking ahead at the Chiefs.

More importantly, I hope they don't get nervous on the big stage again & play stiff. The playoffs are an entirely different animal, and aside from the Chiefs, everyone has to win 3 games to get to even get to the big showdown. 

Ranked two in all but one of those rankings (and 3 in the other one)? Very reasonable and legit. This feels unreal. To go from a perennial 6-7 win team stuck in a deep playoff drought with cheap ownership (sorry Ralph) that can't catch a break to a respectable team and now to a contender is wild. Take care of the Pats and get that 2 seed. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

Did you know Nick O'Leary's grandfather is the legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus.???

Matt Darby writes children’s books.

Too obscure? If you watched the Bills in the late 80s /early 90s you will have memorized this factoid from all the times it was mentioned 😊

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I had looked for them. I guess not hard enough 

they weren’t very kind to Buffalo a month ago. 

Primetime made them Woke 

Steelers feel like a rock, Saints lost to KC and the Bills have been winning convincingly. Only teams you could justify ahead of the Bills are KC and Green Bay and even Green Bay is debatable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Steelers feel like a rock, Saints lost to KC and the Bills have been winning convincingly. Only teams you could justify ahead of the Bills are KC and Green Bay and even Green Bay is debatable.

On another sports show they were even saying that KC has a vulnerability.  

winning but not convincingly 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 hours ago, vincec said:

Matt Darby writes children’s books.

Too obscure? If you watched the Bills in the late 80s /early 90s you will have memorized this factoid from all the times it was mentioned 😊

I’m pretty sure that was Ray Bentley; Darby the Dinosaur was his lead character in the books, though, so you were on the right track.

And Doronbos is a magician.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Did you know that Marv Levy went to Coe College, too?

5 hours ago, slipkid said:

I’m pretty sure that was Ray Bentley; Darby the Dinosaur was his lead character in the books, though, so you were on the right track.

And Doronbos is a magician.

Right you are! Obviously not as memorized as they would have hoped.

• Like (+1) 1

As they say, it’s a long season, and you are what you’re record says you are. The Bills appear to be slotted perfectly in the Power Rankings...to my eye anyway. Unfortunately, other than some national respect it doesn’t get you much going into the playoffs. It all starts fresh in three weeks. I like the Bills chances and believe it or not I like the way they lost last year. That won’t happen again this year. The coaching staff will remind them repeatedly.

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

but Nick Right (sp?)

cut off.  THE guy trashing Buffalo?

I had the Herd today whilst wrapping presents. Wright had a piece on Allen which he basically said his highs are really high and his lows are really low and the team will go as far as he takes them. He said something to the effect his stats are like a pulmonary chart. Although I don't totally agree with him, I listened enough to his argument and there is a little substance there. He lost me when he insinuated Baker was a better QB.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2020 at 10:01 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you know he wears a wedding ring during the game?

And he has a beard...

• Like (+1) 1