The Bills are on the cusp of tying the record of most wins in a season. Can they do it?

I went 5 pages deep in a search and didn't see a thread titles similarly.  

10-3 with the remaining schedule of Bronco's Patriots*** and Dolphins.

One Hail Mary play away from the chance of breaking the record.  

1993    12-4-0    1st -- AFC East    - Made it to the Superbowl    Marv Levy
1991    13-3-0    1st -- AFC East    - Made it to the Superbowl    Marv Levy
1990    13-3-0    1st -- AFC East    - Made it to the Superbowl    Marv Levy

1988    12-4-0    1st -- AFC East    - Made it to the Conference Championship     Marv Levy

Pre-season I had thought 12 - 4 was a lofty goal.  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I never wavered off 13-3. 
Unless we start Barkley against the Fins and rest a bunch of starters we will end 13-3. ( I would prefer 12-4 and rested guys with the last game being meaningless, though)

All the preseason talk about “ Tough schedule” and the panic after an injury riddled squad dropped a couple games against quality opponents didn’t cause me to blink.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and you want to have some “ kick” for the final laps. We are currently well positioned.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I never wavered off 13-3. 
Unless we start Barkley against the Fins and rest a bunch of starters we will end 13-3. ( I would prefer 12-4 and rested guys with the last game being meaningless, though)

All the preseason talk about “ Tough schedule” and the panic after an injury riddled squad dropped a couple games against quality opponents didn’t cause me to blink.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and you want to have some “ kick” for the final laps. We are currently well positioned.

I predicted 12-4 before the season.

I love that the Bills are coming on strong at the right time. We see 1 or 2 teams every year riding a momentum wave into a deep playoff run. This year the Bills are that team

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

All you peeps dissing on Barkley!  I see the Bills 3rd stringers WHIPPING the Fishes into the frozen tundra aka the Squealers way back ago when thier 3rd stringers kicked the Bills butts....😈

Go Barkley!

Go BILLS! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

1988    12-4-0    1st -- AFC East    - Made it to the Conference Championship     Marv Levy

I really want to see a win at New England, although the Bills did win there in 2016 when Brady was suspended.  Haven’t swept them since ‘99.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

All you peeps dissing on Barkley!  I see the Bills 3rd stringers WHIPPING the Fishes into the frozen tundra aka the Squealers way back ago when thier 3rd stringers kicked the Bills butts....😈

Go Barkley!

Go BILLS! 

That would be fun. Could be similar scenario with Dolphins having to beat our backups to get in.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not going to count on a sweep of the team in Foxboro (who shall not be named) until it happens. They are still a difficult matchup, and they'll most likely have Gilmore this time around. They are a physical team who plays good defense. Kind of like Miami. And, to a lesser extent, Denver. So I'm going to enjoy one game at a time, and be thankful for the games we do win.  

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Go Barkley!

Go BILLS! 

It would be AWESOME 😎 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Go Barkley!

Go BILLS! 

I would actually start Jake Fromm and give him the taste of NFL.   However, that is two games away...so no point in thinking about it...Right now there is a game on Saturday at Mile High

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

There's still nearly 20% of the season left. We're not "on the cusp" of anything other than a playoff spot at the moment 

If we are on the cusp of a playoff, we are also on the cusp of winning the AFC East...We made the playoffs 2 of the past 3 seasons....we last won the East in 1995...so it is a big deal

• Like (+1) 1

I thought, and stuck with, 11-5 at the beginning of the year and throughout the bye week. But if this team keeps playing like they have been post Hail Murray, then we very well could end up 13-3. Hopefully after that a few more on the way to a Lombardi. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Holy premature thread batman!

We're 10-3 right now.... You could *maybe* make this thread if we were 12-3 (if you don't care about jinxes). 

There's still nearly 20% of the season left. We're not "on the cusp" of anything other than a playoff spot at the moment 

🥱 

Cusp, Verge pure semantics. 

Maybe it’s you who that provides the jinx 💭 

the question is. Do you think that they will run the table?

Yes or no. It’s an easy question 

On 12/18/2020 at 7:34 AM, BillsFanSD said:

12-4 is more likely 13-3, but 13-3 is absolutely do-able.  The most likely L right now looks like Miami with Barkley under center.  But our remaining games are all games that we'll be favored in.

I'm not sure.  Seems the 2 vs 3 seed will likely be in play (unless Pitt loses twice...which would mean losing to Cincinnati), and I THINK that would matter to them.....but maybe not.

• Like (+1) 1

Freaking Hail Murray!

The situation I want to avoid at all costs is playing Miami with our B team in a win and you're in game for Miami in which we will play them again the following week. It's been a while but I remember that same scenario about 10 years ago the Jets played the Bengals. Bengals already clinched so they didn't play hard. Jets won and following week the Jets beat the Bengals again. Miami's defense is legit. I don't see Allen having as easy a day as he did back in week 2. Don't want to give Miami any confidence they can come into Buffalo in January and win.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 6:52 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

In fairness the two 13-3 season, the Bills had clinched the #1 overall seed with one or two weeks to go and played mostly subs.  That 1990 season, their last game Gail Gilbert played QB and lost to Washington, they didn't even bother going to Reich, in 91 Reich did play the last game and lost to Detroit.  If it had mattered, they may have won the last game.

The 88 season, recall they cliched the division around Thanksgiving weekend, then went and lost 3 of their last 4 games.  I recall if they had won even one of those last four games the AFC championship game would have also been played in Buffalo instead of in Cinni where they lost.  They lost to the Bengals 3 times that year, pre-season, regular season, and AFC championship game.

Last game this year also could become meaningless, but not very likely as either could be playing for a chance to move up to the #2 seed or with a loss drop to #4.  The one way it could become meaningless is if the Bills get flexed to the Sunday night game as all the results are then in.  Likely for that same reason would make more sense for the Bills to play the Fish at 4:00 and flex the Pitt-Cleveland game to Sunday night.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In fairness the two 13-3 season, the Bills had clinched the #1 overall seed with one or two weeks to go and played mostly subs.  That 1990 season, their last game Gail Gilbert played QB and lost to Washington, they didn't even bother going to Reich, in 91 Reich did play the last game and lost to Detroit.  If it had mattered, they may have won the last game.

While true it does not change the end results. 
While the comparison is there - the question wasn’t Is this a better team. 

I’m loving this team.
They will be contenders for a while if they keep the caliber of players and coaching moving forward 

?????

It took Kelly how many seasons to get to this type of record?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 3:52 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I believe they can, bro.

I was thinking before the stealer game, that if they beat the Steelers, I thought that they could run the table and go 13-3.

It starts today!

• Like (+1) 1

13-3 would be nice, and I’m really hoping to see the starters every game. I hate resting starters before the playoffs when you don’t have a team who’s experienced with deep playoff runs. Allen and this offense seem to be very momentum driven, and I want to carry some into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

13-3 would be nice, and I’m really hoping to see the starters every game. I hate resting starters before the playoffs when you don’t have a team who’s experienced with deep playoff runs. Allen and this offense seem to be very momentum driven, and I want to carry some into the playoffs. 

If the BYE week was early I could see wanting to rest them 

one caveat week 17 play the starters for at least a half. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1