Milano out for Seahawks game

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

People got mad at me a couple weeks ago for saying he’s always injured. Guess what, this dude is always injured...

Football is a violent brutal game.  And when you play LB at under 230 pounds going up against huge O lineman you are going to get hurt a lot.  That sucks for Milano.  And it sucks for us.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m ok with putting him out there on some passing downs and making him active but he’s been here like 3 days, not sure he will know the scheme well enough to line up correctly 

Agreed. I believe you listen to Joe Marino as well. He did a great job tempering expectations on Lee. If Lee could stick to Olsen or any the other TE’s it would be a positive. 

16 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Let's hope Darron Lee is ready. 

Temper your expectations. 

The thing that has really sucked with AJ Klein has been his mistakes in coverage - in the wrong place doing the wrong thing

The worst thing we need is that x2

Dodson is out for this game

Any news on Del'Shawn Phillips?  I believe he's eligible to return

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Milano's injuries must be more serious than the team is letting on, in fact wondering if he ended up partially or fully tearing his Pec, if so expect him to be put on season ending IR soon.

If he had fully torn his pec, he'd be having surgery and would probably already be on IR.

He said it's a partial tear.  A muscle strain is, essentially, always a partial tear.  The concern is instead of being stable or improving as he tries to play through it, it's getting worse.

Kind of unrelated, but does anyone remember that Clapmaster 2000 wouldn't even play Milano when he first got here even though it was clear to most fans that he was their best linebacker? Reminiscent of the Fred Jackson, Jabari Greer, etc. situations. 

25 minutes ago, wjag said:

It has to be more.  There has to be more to this story.  Him not even showing up to practice this week is a pretty big tell.  Would not shock me to see him land on IR now. 

IMO he should go to IR.  This strategy of trying to have him play limited snaps while hampered by a brace that limits his arm use is ineffective and prolonging his recovery.

IR him and take a look after 4 weeks.

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Has he missed 30 games from a pec strain?   Frankly, I'm getting tired of our starting LB corps continuity being held hostage by Matt Milano's availability.  I don't want him back.  

No he hasn’t I’m kind of confused  at what you are taking about. Football players get injured all the time. Very few are career ending. They should all retire? 

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There was one attempted tackle from Milano that was absolutely brutal against NE.  He didn’t even attempt to wrap up... just threw his shoulder at the guy.  

He’s clearly not healthy enough to play, and I’m assuming just toughed it out for a few plays, given the importance of the NE game.  

I’d be shocked if he plays next week against another NFC opponent, with the bye week after.  

As a former wrestler who has a lot of defensive players with upper body injuries, I'm surprised McD hasn't started to teach the Leg Hook Takedown.

3 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

He's likely done for the season then, or best case they sit him the next month at minimum (3 games + bye) and re-evaluate then because at worse the Bills should be mathematically alive for the playoffs even if they don't win a single game while he's out.

Out for the season or a few games.....lol

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Just get the surgery that you need. 

This is obviously a torn pec that he is trying to play through. 

It is definitely not a torn pec.  He would not be out there at all and in a sling.  I've torn a muscle before, you can't move that muscle for 10-12 weeks or you'll re-tear the muscle tissue.

31 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

Might be better to rest him, I don't know if we can beat Seahawk any way.  If your gonna lose a game, this is the one to lose, NFC non divisional game.  I rather have him for the AFC stretch.

I think it might all be strategery. Everyone knows beating NFC teams hurts your playoff chances. 

:)

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Out for the season or a few games.....lol

It is definitely not a torn pec.  He would not be out there at all and in a sling.  I've torn a muscle before, you can't move that muscle for 10-12 weeks or you'll re-tear the muscle tissue.

My point is - sit him down. 

He hasn't been right for 4 games now. 

Put him on IR. 

But once again, all this was pointed out in the offseason that the Bills were depleted at linebacker when they failed to draft one and signed AJ Klein. 

Now its biting us because unlike 2019, we haven't had as good of luck with the injuries. 

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For a pec strain?

Well at least it’s not his spleen...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How concerned are you going to be if we can't move the ball on them?

I would be concerned.  I think they will be able to move the ball against them - they need to avoid turnovers.  They're 32 in yards allowed, but 1 in takeaways currently.  Just about as bad as Buffalo on 3rd down, and in the RZ.  They've been better against the run?  But they have the most passing yards allowed with a game in hand.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

My point is - sit him down. 

He hasn't been right for 4 games now. 

Put him on IR. 

But once again, all this was pointed out in the offseason that the Bills were depleted at linebacker when they failed to draft one and signed AJ Klein. 

Now its biting us because unlike 2019, we haven't had as good of luck with the injuries. 

I agree with this.  

I wonder if playing him in those limited snaps actually set him back?  He was out there just because of desperation but you could see he can't wrap up.  

Or maybe McDermott is thinking they'll get lit up in the passing game with our without Milano....might as well just let him heal!

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

With the amount of snaps he has been playing the last two games has he even really made an impact anyway?..

I haven't really focused in on him but his snap count has been low..

They were using him sparingly. I’m not sure of the impact though I think Edmunds plays better when he is out there. His snap count has been so low it’s hard to say if that has been true recently. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

For the love of God get siran neal on the field

He’s a corner though 

23 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Fine y'all strained peckers, I'm grumpy this morning- our animals woke me up at 6am.  I had until 8 or so

Tissue?

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m ok with putting him out there on some passing downs and making him active but he’s been here like 3 days, not sure he will know the scheme well enough to line up correctly 

53 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Should we hope Darron Lee can play some coverage LB? Lee is not known for his tackling so he will be a liability in the run game much like, well all the LB’s this year so far. 

Lee might be useful as a Spy on Wilson and let him fly sideline to sideline on the underneath patterns if and only if Russ has let the ball go.  Carroll is no fool, this team is easy to run against and if you get into third and long there will be wide open field for the QB to run, might as well let Wilson take the high percentage run rather than passing.  He’s only good for 70% of passes, a while running is a 100% sure thing to gain the yards vs the Bills this year.   The only saving grace in it all was a fumble last week and that’s the only time the Bills have “stopped” a QB from getting the first down, even though Cam had it, he got caught off guard.

22 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I wonder if they even made an effort to find some help elsewhere. 

Seems they were unwilling to take on any money without moving murphy.  

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:
38%
0%
100%
74%
0%
0%
33%
23%

There's his snap count for the year.  That's one very strained pec...

He pulled his hamstring early in the year.  

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were using him sparingly. I’m not sure of the impact though I think Edmunds plays better when he is out there. His snap count has been so low it’s hard to say if that has been true recently. 

He’s a corner though 

Is John Wendling, Marcus Buggs, John Digiorgio, Keith Ellison or Bryan Scott available?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:
38%
0%
100%
74%
0%
0%
33%
23%

There's his snap count for the year.  That's one very strained pec...

You do know this injured occurred at the end of the game in week 4? and he missed the first half Of week 1 and all of week 2 because of a hamstring? Nothing about his recovery from the pec strain is abnormal. I’m not sure why you are treating it like some career ending injury.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1