Titans LB Kamalei Correa Requests Trade UPDATE: traded to Jax

Process

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea who this is. But he's a linebacker/passrusher, and it's impossible to be worse than what we have. Joe B also says we should do it. We have to do SOMETHING. 

Anyone know who this guy is? Should we make the trade ?

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather trade for a MLB that doesn’t suck.  Correa would be a nice replacement for Klein, makes sense.  Do it. Milano, Correa and a new MLB could work

So your MLB who made the probowl but has struggled some this year needs to get replaced?  Problem this year has and still will be the middle of the Dline until someone pciks up what Star used to do.  He made it easier for the LBs as well as Oliver with what he did.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Lol so you’re just benching Edmunds 

?

Edmunds absolutely SHOULD be benched lol. There's no question. He's awful.

The issue is we don't have a replacement and it's not like it's easy to find a starting MLB in the middle of a season. 

I would hope this is his last year as a starter. ...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

?

Edmunds absolutely SHOULD be benched lol. There's no question. He's awful.

The issue is we don't have a replacement and it's not like it's easy to find a starting MLB in the middle of a season. 

I would hope this is his last year as a starter. ...

I would disagree. Maybe he’s not going to make it as MLB long term but putting him on the bench would be insane. He’s a unique talent. They have tried to use his athleticism by moving him right above center and it’s not working. He lines up right on the line, and either blitzes (he’s always stuffed), or he gets moved off the run lane, or he drops back to coverage and quarterbacks are just reading his momentum and manipulating him. 
Most teams do not put their MLB right on the line like that. Move him back and let him see what’s in front of him. Give him time to react and even if his instinct is wrong he’ll have more time to make up for it with his athleticism. I don’t think the problem is 100% on Edmunds as it is with us not changing formations 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

It won't take 4th. 6th at most. There are reports they will cut him if they don't find a trade partner.

I changed it up a bit to a 5th. It won’t fix the defense put gives some better depth and athleticism at the LBer spot. 

15 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

So your MLB who made the probowl but has struggled some this year needs to get replaced?  Problem this year has and still will be the middle of the Dline until someone pciks up what Star used to do.  He made it easier for the LBs as well as Oliver with what he did.

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Tyrod made the Pro Bowl twice so that should tell you all you need to know about it

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

The problems that I’ve seen from him have little to do with the DL.  

i was always in the camp that he should be Our MLB, mainly because we already had Milano on the outside and he can’t play MLB.  If he played outside and Milano played outside, we wouldn’t have our two best LBs on the field in nickel, which is what we run most of the time. I thought that once his instincts caught up with his body, he’d be one of the best MLBs ever.  

After watching him 3 of his 4 games this year (he was decent vs the raiders) I can that his instincts are terrible for the position.  He looks lost out there bs the pass and vs the run.  Star has zero effect on him in coverage.  Star didn’t help him hit the proper hole.  Star didn’t help him diagnose who as the ball.  He’s the one making the calls out there for a defense that can’t get itself off the field unless the opposition makes mistakes

He’s a great kid and I expect him to be our MLB this year because acquiring a very good mlb mid season and getting them up to speed is unlikely.  I worry that his play at MLB will keep up from winning a super bowl this year.  If he doesn’t improve dramatically, I feel trading him (if we resign Milano) or moving him outside (if we let milano go) is his future in Buffalo. 

5 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Edmunds is 22 years old...relax.

He’s played MLB for 2.25 years and is regressing.  He has no confidence out there and it’s obvious.

I felt the same about him.  I love his physical traits and how humble he is.  I can’t stand his lack of instincts playing MLB,  it’s an extremely important position in our defense and he’s currently a detriment.  We’re in win now mode. Time for him to put his experience to use.  He’s been a starter at that position for over 2 years now.  Players usually get better....not much worse.  He’s much worse than he was last season from my estimation 

Edmunds hasn’t looked good of late but much more than last year he’s having to deal with offensive lineman instead of mostly just running backs. No Star seems to be part of the problem. And we are unable to set the edge. Shaq did that quite well. We cant pressure the passer. Philips could do that. Looks to me like we miss those guys.

We need an ILB, but that wont solve all of the problems on D.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The problems that I’ve seen from him have little to do with the DL.  

i was always in the camp that he should be Our MLB, mainly because we already had Milano on the outside and he can’t play MLB.  If he played outside and Milano played outside, we wouldn’t have our two best LBs on the field in nickel, which is what we run most of the time. I thought that once his instincts caught up with his body, he’d be one of the best MLBs ever.  

After watching him 3 of his 4 games this year (he was decent vs the raiders) I can that his instincts are terrible for the position.  He looks lost out there bs the pass and vs the run.  Star has zero effect on him in coverage.  Star didn’t help him hit the proper hole.  Star didn’t help him diagnose who as the ball.  He’s the one making the calls out there for a defense that can’t get itself off the field unless the opposition makes mistakes

He’s a great kid and I expect him to be our MLB this year because acquiring a very good mlb mid season and getting them up to speed is unlikely.  I worry that his play at MLB will keep up from winning a super bowl this year.  If he doesn’t improve dramatically, I feel trading him (if we resign Milano) or moving him outside (if we let milano go) is his future in Buffalo. 

I mentioned earlier I think he would benefit a great deal if they let him line up in a more traditional MLB spot instead of directly over center. He has zero time that close to the line of scrimmage to make the correct decisions. And our pass rush is not getting home fast enough to mask his drop into coverage which would make any linebacker exposed. Quarterbacks are just watching him back pedal and throwing opposite his momentum. 

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Tyrod made the Pro Bowl twice so that should tell you all you need to know about it

The Pro Bowl may be a farce but they do tend to pick the players that are the best or are near the best.  Just because players opt out and they go down the chain to the next available doesn't warrant that the players aren't good.  It's not like if the player opts out at a position they pick the next one alphabetically.  

And as for Correa there's a reason why the Titans are gonna release him.  Theses are his carrer stats:

GP   GS   Comb   Total    Ast    Sack    PD    INT    Yds    Avg    Lng    TD    FF    FR

Career    54    13    71          48        23     8.5       4        0        0       0.0      0        0       2      1

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru

32 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Can we stop with the Pro Bowl stuff.   He made the Pro Bowl after other people dropped out.  He is no more a pro bowler than Tyrod Taylor.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Process said:

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea who this is. But he's a linebacker/passrusher, and it's impossible to be worse than what we have. Joe B also says we should do it. We have to do SOMETHING. 

Anyone know who this guy is? Should we make the trade ?

If he has any potential i doubt they would want to help a team who they could meet in the playoffs,

12 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That could be the silliest take  of ALL bad takes this week 😂😂😂

At this point, whatever it takes to get him off the field is good by me.  Edmunds is literally the worst player on this D.  I know people are still holding out hope because he’s a great athlete, but he’s not a football player.  Correa is a little limited, but has flashed a bit in the past.  Edmunds scares exactly nobody, I want to find the clown who was telling me Offenses had to scheme around him earlier this year.  The only scheming being done is finding him and going right at him.

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

At this point, whatever it takes to get him off the field is good by me.  Edmunds is literally the worst player on this D.  I know people are still holding out hope because he’s a great athlete, but he’s not a football player.  Correa is a little limited, but has flashed a bit in the past.  Edmunds scares exactly nobody, I want to find the clown who was telling me Offenses had to scheme around him earlier this year.  The only scheming being done is finding him and going right at him.

Ok We get it you hate Edmunds for some weird reason, and the bolded alone kills your credibility if you think Correa has flashed and Edmunds has not (who is 5 years younger by the way)

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Well I’ve made my opinion known on it, but trading him for a guy on a good defense who can’t get on the field who is about to be cut seems a little silly. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Ok We get it you hate Edmunds for some weird reason, and the bolded alone kills your credibility if you think Correa has flashed and Edmunds has not (who is 5 years younger by the way)

Edmunds has flashed a bit too, but this year has been a bigger liability than he was last year.  His run D has always been bad, he was fast enough to run with LBs in coverage, which is why he’s playing the middle.  He’s not even doing that now.  So to cover it all, he offers no pass rush, no pass defense and gets steam rolled against the run.  You take him out.  If it’s health, fine, go heal, but a shoulder doesn’t excuse being out of position all game.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Well I’ve made my opinion known on it, but trading him for a guy on a good defense who can’t get on the field who is about to be cut seems a little silly. 

If there was any depth here, Edmunds would be in the same boat.  You can’t actually trade him because they have no depth, but he should not see the field when there is another option.

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

If he has any potential i doubt they would want to help a team who they could meet in the playoffs,

Sometimes guys need a change of scenery. Hughes was a bust originally, too. 

As for Edmunds being a bust, it’s premature. He had a very strong year last year and is playing injured now. 

I suspect these knee jerk reactions are why none of us are managing a professional team. 😃 

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Edmunds has flashed a bit too, but this year has been a bigger liability than he was last year.  His run D has always been bad, he was fast enough to run with LBs in coverage, which is why he’s playing the middle.  He’s not even doing that now.  So to cover it all, he offers no pass rush, no pass defense and gets steam rolled against the run.  You take him out.  If it’s health, fine, go heal, but a shoulder doesn’t excuse being out of position all game.

Maybe because he is gutting out playing with one arm instead of glass Milano that for all his talent cannot stay on the field.   19 carries for 57 yards tells me is isnt that big of a liability in the run game.  Maybe if he didnt have holes over the entire field left by the other LBers.  I dont think you really know how to evaluate the MLB play.  I would love for the Bills to go back to the traditional set with him instead of having him essentially on the LOS at the snap of every play.

So you are complaining about Edmunds gutting out an injury and say then go heal, well how would the Defense look then.  You forget the MIA Game?  Fact is the REALITY is, the NFL took the DL out of football the minute they stopped calling holding, and that HURTs your MLB play.  You really do not know if he is out of position all game unless you are watching the All 22 and have the play sheet in front of you and know his assignments

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t know nothing about him but I’m willing to embrace any defender we bring in with open arms. 

Extremely disappointed in Oliver, and Edmunds. They’re just serviceable. If we can only pay Edmunds or Milano, I’m paying Milano. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather trade for a MLB that doesn’t suck.  Correa would be a nice replacement for Klein, makes sense.  Do it. Milano, Correa and a new MLB could work

Edmunds is very young. He also has an injured shoulder, which is difficult for a linebacker.

Shedding blocks and tackling with a bad shoulder is not a good thing.

They should rest him unless it’s a chronic condition.