Raiders DT who played 35 snaps vs Bills placed on Reserve/COVID list

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Be interesting to see if he was at the charity event.

He wasn't..

these guys were

Besides Waller and Carr, other players fined were backup quarterback Nate Peterman, tight ends Jason Witten, Foster Moreau and Derek Carrier, receivers Hunter Renfrow and Zay Jones, cornerback Nevin Lawson and practice squad center Erik Magnuson.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I think we should be alright. He would have been tested prior to the game. He most likely had close contact with someone who has COVID after the game.

Not necessarily, it might take a few days to test positive after catching it.  The game was only 2 days ago

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

If he spread it to our o-line who in turn gave it to Allen or skill players, they are going to be out multiple weeks.  Not sure how that isn't a tad worrisome

Because there’s no reason whatsoever to believe he did until we have more information. If he did, then it’ll be worrisome. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

Problem is the general thinking is the Titans got their COVID _after_ the game was long over.

If the Bills get sick, they should take half the Raiders' draft picks - SO STUPID

I may be misremembering but didn't the titans start testing positive on Monday or Tuesday?

And no, I don't know why we started punishing and lashing out at people for catching an endemic virus, but this incredibly new phenomenon is unfathomably stupid

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I may be misremembering but didn't the titans start testing positive on Monday or Tuesday?

And no, I don't know why we started punishing and lashing out at people for catching an endemic virus, but this incredibly new phenomenon is unfathomably stupid

Raiders did violate league rules in regards to social distancing

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Raiders did violate league rules in regards to social distancing

Yeah, though that DT wasn't one of them. And while nobody should violate rules, perspective is in order. A handful of guys violated strict protocols to attend an event that, in a normal year still packed full of all kinds of endemic viruses of all shapes and sizes, they'd attend 100 of. They could have caught covid there, which is why the rules are the rules, but chances aren't particularly high that they did, just like you don't get sick every single time you go outside of yourself and expose yourself to dozens of thousands of potential pathogens/viruses/bacteria.