Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, Scott7975 said:

If they make the decision by 4pm today they would have the same time to prepare for a Thursday night game as they would always have.

And I have little doubt that the coaching staff has been also planning for the chiefs ahead of this recent positive test. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

How many other sports have 53+ people on each team not including coaching staff and help staff? The NFL is bigger than anything any of these other sports have had to deal with. 

That's even more reason for the NFL to have built in a plan for outbreaks. They did absolutely nothing. NBA, NHL, and MLB all made changes to the norm in less time. MLB still had outbreaks. NFL should have been smarter and knew outbreaks would happen. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And I have little doubt that the coaching staff has been also planning for the chiefs ahead of this recent positive test. 

Yes they have a coaching crew that plans ahead of McDermott and crew.  I read about it last year in some article.  I'm sure all teams do.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That's even more reason for the NFL to have built in a plan for outbreaks. They did absolutely nothing. NBA, NHL, and MLB all made changes to the norm in less time. MLB still had outbreaks. NFL should have been smarter. 

They built plans... They didn't expect the Titans to throw those plans in the garbage which goes back to "Can't babysit everyone"

NFL is smarter than everyone here... You are still watching them.

Edited by TBBills

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If they make the decision by 4pm today they would have the same time to prepare for a Thursday night game as they would always have.

True, but mentally had to deal with all the changes.  Do think though with all things considered that would be a very low concern.

I do wonder if on Friday when the players were given the day off, did the coaches say lets talk KC!

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I don't know why people are so angry about this... It's entertainment only not like this is anything important.

I think that entertainment, especially a Bills game for most that frequent this site, is of utmost important to the mental health of us all in these surreal and trying times.

• Like (+1) 2

what a debacle. The Bills-Titans game needs cancelled already. I can't imagine McDermott woud be in favor of potentially putting his players at risk with an organization which clearly didn't obey the protocols and even today has a positive covid test? Enough already. Do the right thing Goodell.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It’s more than just the Titans though.

Not really you would have to expect a player or two to get it throughout.... And that is what happening, except for the Titans of course. They are really the only team screwing this up.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

They built plans... They didn't expect the Titans to throw those plans in the garbage which goes back to "Can't babysit everyone"

What plans did they have? There are no plans. They got lucky they could move the Steelers game. What plans are you speaking of? 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Easy option was to  build into the schedule two bye weeks with no games scheduled. Then a week 18 if necessary. NFL messed up.

The thing they miscalculated in my mind was the length of the incubation period and how long it might take for an infected person to test positve.  It seems like they figured that by adding practice squad players they could just use those to replace people who were positive, not understanding/calculating that more related positives might continue to keep coming in at a later point in time (with those potentially having infected others during that time and so on)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

the NFL is smarter then anyone else here? I beg to differ.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The notion that it is just the titans mess ups that are hurting the respectability of the season.  There are more factors than just them I mean.

They really are actually. Every other team is still going through with he plan... Titans are the only ones who took down multiple teams with them.

12 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

And you think the Chiefs have been preparing for Buffalo?  Playing the Chiefs Thursday would be a clear advantage for Buffalo. 

I’m not so sure. I think it’s more normal for the Chiefs to this point. They’ve planned for and are playing their game now just like they always would’ve. Bills still don’t know whether they are playing THIS week. And even if they keep it on schedule, it could still be cancelled with more positive tests at any point over the next few days. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What plans did they have? There are no plans. They got lucky they could move the Steelers game. What plans are you speaking of? 

Dear God man... Just stop with this crusade *****. 

Lucky? They said they had bye weeks that can be removed for these and they did the plan... Titans ***** this whole thing up.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

the NFL is smarter then anyone else here? I beg to differ.

Here you are watching them though.

21 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I'm really not liking the Bills' chances if the KC game is suddenly moved back up to Thursday, but that isn't announced until this afternoon. 

Everything would be normal of that happens so that doesn't make sense TBH.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That Cam/Gilmore dinner out last Fri night hasn’t been discussed much, but not a good look 

There is no discussion about it because there was no violation. Patriots were Informed about the positive test Saturday Morning. 

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Probably the same amount of prep they would have done if they were playing the Titans today.😅

Right, but that would’ve been a “normal week”. Just like the Chiefs. Chiefs play today and move on to Bills. Bills still don’t know if they are playing the Titans or not. And probably won’t right up to Tuesday. Unless the NFL ends this charade. 

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The thing they miscalculated in my mind was the length of the incubation period and how long it might take for an infected person to test positve.  It seems like they figured that by adding practice squad players they could just use those to replace people who were positive, not understanding/calculating that more related positives might continue to keep coming in at a later point in time (with those potentially having infected others during that time and so on)

That would just be ignored data then. MLB had outbreaks. NFL knew of the possibility. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

There is no discussion about it because there was no violation. Patriots were Informed about the positive test Saturday Morning. 

I didn’t say it was a violation. They both got Covid after going out to dinner. That’s the bad look. Were they socially distancing  while there? Did they eat indoors? Put the team at risk. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It’s more than just the Titans though.

what other teams have had a massive outbreak after being told they can’t practice.....and then practiced on their own at a Hs field and had another outbreak after said practice? 

as of now, it’s just the titans.

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They really are actually. Every other team is still going through with he plan... Titans are the only ones who took down multiple teams with them.

Mayne I’m wrong but with the Patriots/Broncos game now cancelled pushing the Dolphins/Broncos and maybe cancelling that game.  That’s more than just Titans.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Easy option was to  build into the schedule two bye weeks with no games scheduled. Then a week 18 if necessary. NFL messed up.

The NFL has had two bye weeks in the past, so it was doable.