Jump to content

The End of the Lamar Jackson Era


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said since the beginning of the year that I'm not buying the Lamar Jackson hype, and I'm not buying the Kyler Murray hype, either.   I know they are really special athletes, and they're a couple

Say it with me..."We don't have to tear down Lamar, to prop Josh up".   Lamar is a phenomenal player and deserves his place at the "elite of the elite" table. Josh is well on his way to earn

Eh. I would be pissed if JA had a clunker and the rest of the league said, see! I told you he wasn't any good! I don't think we should do the same to LJ.    Tonight seemed as much about LJ h

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

possible he wins another one.

 

Bills figured out how to stop him hmm.

 

Not like the huge wind had anything to do with that?


Did you not notice that Allen wasn’t on his A game tonight? ..

 

 

 

He was sacked 4 times because he couldnt read the defense.  That had nothing to do with wind.  He threw an INT because he stared down his receiver on a play they run all the time and never saw the corner sitting there ready to jump the ball.  That had nothing to do with wind either.  The guy is a great athlete but either he isnt being developed because they are happy running the football or he can't be developed because he doesn't have the arm/smarts to pass the football.  Either way its not good.

 

Stopping him means keeping him from running all over you which has nothing to do with wind either.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am not even saying Lamar is an elite QB, but the hate on him is surreal to me.

 

He is inarguably a top 10 QB and is under 25 years of age, and has won an MVP, like give the kid a break bud...

Allen

Herbert

Burrow

Rogers

Watson

Wilson

Brady

Mayfield

Mahomes

Prescott

Soon to be Trevor Lawrence

Those are the guys all GMs would take over Lamar. Then there are the maybe guys like 

Tua

Darnold

Goff

Tannehill

Cousins

Stafford

Ryan

Carr

 

He is not a top 10 QB. If he was all GMs would want him and I dont think that is the case.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Gun said:

Allen

Herbert

Burrow

Rogers

Watson

Wilson

Brady

Mayfield

Mahomes

Prescott

Soon to be Trevor Lawrence

Those are the guys all GMs would take over Lamar. Then there are the maybe guys like 

Tua

Darnold

Goff

Tannehill

Cousins

Stafford

Ryan

Carr

 

He is not a top 10 QB. If he was all GMs would want him and I dont think that is the case.

Is this list a joke?....

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am not even saying Lamar is an elite QB, but the hate on him is surreal to me.

 

He is inarguably a top 10 QB and is under 25 years of age, and has won an MVP, like give the kid a break bud...

No, he isn't a top 10 qb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

He was sacked 4 times because he couldnt read the defense.  That had nothing to do with wind.  He threw an INT because he stared down his receiver on a play they run all the time and never saw the corner sitting there ready to jump the ball.  That had nothing to do with wind either.  The guy is a great athlete but either he isnt being developed because they are happy running the football or he can't be developed because he doesn't have the arm/smarts to pass the football.  Either way its not good.

 

Stopping him means keeping him from running all over you which has nothing to do with wind either.

He is a vertical passer. Yes the wind had a huge impact as the bills were basically able to put 8-9 guys up close all game.

 

INT was bad and had nothing with the wind i will give you that.

 

But if you think the wind had nothing to do with his performance tonight, then you clearly have not watched him play much 

Just now, Big Gun said:

No your a joke for thinking he is a top 10 QB. 

tua... over lamar?..... Dude.....

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

He is a vertical passer. Yes the wind had a huge impact as the bills were basically able to put 8-9 guys up close all game.

 

INT was bad and had nothing with the wind i will give you that.

 

But if you think the wind had nothing to do with his performance tonight, then you clearly have not watched him play much 

tua... over lamar?..... Dude.....

Pay attention, I put Tua in the maybe category. I'm not a Tua fan myself but I could definantly see GMs picking him over Lamar. 

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Man, I really like Lamar Jackson. The man gets criticized as much as Josh Allen by everyone. 
 

I hope he can bounce back and continue to defy expectations. 
 

He is someone I’ll always root for unless he’s playing the Bills. 


yup

 

He had the back pick 6 yes but kept them in the game with those terrible high snaps. 
 

also Greg Roman has no idea how to call pass plays. Lamar is very young and will learn 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't Roman failed to develop a QB, beyond the gimmicky RPOs and Read-Options and QB designed runs, at THREE (3) different stops now? Kaepernick, Taylor, and now Jackson have all failed to progress into dangerous passers once NFL defenses adjust to the dual threat stuff.

 

"Make him a QB" has been and is STILL the way to defense these Roman QBs. Maybe it's also the OC. Maybe. (I'm not sold, necessarily, just sayin.)

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand the obsession some people have with trying to convince people that someone else will fail. Lamar is a talented guy with exceptional running ability and some limitations as a passer. He can still improve as Josh has. His talent will win them a lot of games. Their receiver routes are pretty basic in Romans offense too. The Bills defense was exceptional tonight. That is the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I don’t understand the obsession some people have with trying to convince people that someone else will fail. Lamar is a talented guy with exceptional running ability and some limitations as a passer. He can still improve as Josh has. His talent will win them a lot of games. Their receiver routes are pretty basic in Romans offense too. The Bills defense was exceptional tonight. That is the story.

Well I hope you're ready for next weekend when the conversation will be centered on why Mahomes is simply a product of Andy Reid's scheme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Hasn't Roman failed to develop a QB, beyond the gimmicky RPOs and Read-Options and QB designed runs, at THREE (3) different stops now? Kaepernick, Taylor, and now Jackson have all failed to progress into dangerous passers once NFL defenses adjust to the dual threat stuff.

 

"Make him a QB" has been and is STILL the way to defense these Roman QBs. Maybe it's also the OC. Maybe. (I'm not sold, necessarily, just sayin.)

 

None of those guys listed could properly read a defense or throw a receiver open on a consistent basis. Roman has worked miracles to make those QBs as successful as they were.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Unless they drastically change the rules where QB that run with the football get a automatic 10 yard Lamar is done. Lamar is TT with elite athletic ability. That might get u to the playoffs but you will never win a super bowl

I said from the moment he was drafted that unless he turns into a pocket qb he will eventually suffer the same fate as Vick & RG3. He's not built for the long haul. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I like lamar, hes not cocky or aragant and he trys to win for his team. But when Harbaugh went all in on jackson for an offense i thought it was a mistake. His mvp season made me look like a fool, but I still felt like he couldn't win at the elite level with his style of play. And the bills showed it tonight, played hard nose football and completely went all in on making lamar beat you with his arm, and the bills came out on top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

 

None of those guys listed could properly read a defense or throw a receiver open on a consistent basis. Roman has worked miracles to make those QBs as successful as they were.

 

That's definitely the broadly accepted narrative. Pretty sure I agree with it, too. Mostly.

 

But the pattern remains. Roman's offenses plateau, rather than progress.

 

I remember immediately after he was fired in Buffalo I waited on an 8-top table with several o-linemen--namely Incognito and Groy, but definitely another starter or two on the roster that I can't recall--and they were basically celebrating. Drinking heavily and openly pooping on Roman's play-calling, like he was a coordinator who didn't listen to his guys or focus on what they did well but wanted instead to outsmart opposing coordinators. They were not trying to hide their relief. Of course, over the years, I found Incognito in general to be louder and less professional than your average player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:


yup

 

He had the back pick 6 yes but kept them in the game with those terrible high snaps. 
 

also Greg Roman has no idea how to call pass plays. Lamar is very young and will learn 

How will he learn though? They're really not letting him...its not at all his fault

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

 

He was sacked 4 times because he couldnt read the defense.  That had nothing to do with wind.  He threw an INT because he stared down his receiver on a play they run all the time and never saw the corner sitting there ready to jump the ball.  That had nothing to do with wind either.  The guy is a great athlete but either he isnt being developed because they are happy running the football or he can't be developed because he doesn't have the arm/smarts to pass the football.  Either way its not good.

 

Stopping him means keeping him from running all over you which has nothing to do with wind either.

That was pretty harsh. Lamar is a special athlete who can break a game wide open on one play. Granted its usually with his legs. He is not a great passer but he is adequate and does make plays. The wind pretty much took away much of the pass game. Even Allen struggled at times with very good protection.  He was 23 for 37 for 206 and 1 TD. Not exactly great. The Lamar int was bad as he did stare down the receiver with ample time to throw. The ravens didn't execute. Several horrific bad snaps. They had many dropped balls and played very conservative on offense. The Bills had constant pressure on Lamar too. There is plenty of blame to go around. Lamar will be fine. He should improve his passing. Certainly, his legs can make up for some of his defiencies. Look at ravens record with Lamar starting. It's very impressive. He won his first playoff game too. I really don't understand the Lamar hate. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...