Manish Mehta credentials pulled by NFL

Guessing they are cracking down on the rumors that were going on about him about making Burner Accounts to attack and fake information from the Organization (all rumors) but the NFL doing this makes it seem like those rumors were confirmed

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What is the "Wyatt Story" people are referring to in the comments?

His Burner he played off as a Gase Burner.  Guess the Rumor was true.  And likely why NFL did something they I dont think have ever done.  I know Teams have pulled credentials I dont think the NFL as a whole ever has.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/12/adam-gase-burner-account-thought-to-belong-to-ny-daily-news-writer-manish-mehta

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

Isn't he the one accused of creating a fake Gase Twitter account? I remember the two guys on that Jets radio show roasting for like 20 minutes straight. Dude sounded like he wanted to cry. :lol:

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

His Burner he played off as a Gase Burner.  Guess the Rumor was true.  And likely why NFL did something they I dont think have ever done.  I know Teams have pulled credentials I dont think the NFL as a whole ever has.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/12/adam-gase-burner-account-thought-to-belong-to-ny-daily-news-writer-manish-mehta

LOL!!! I was looking some things up and typing a little here and there. I thought this was something I heard. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought that was just for guys cheating on their partner.......

I “heard” you use a name of a male friend. “Wow, Bob is blowing up your phone. What’s going on?” “Uh, he just needs some fantasy football advice”

that and there’s a site called Ashley Madison if you’re into that kind of thing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

"Yeah...Yeah, I know, ok.  I am on the phone with Christmas right now.

Christmas, hey, it's a Bills fan here.  You know I love you so much, right, but come on...you are just coming waaaaayyyy too early this year for the BIlls Mafia so maybe you could just slow it up a skooch?!

Yes...yes, of course we love Gabriel, and yes a big surprise.  But that's exactly what I mean, buddy!"

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I never understood why twitter allowed fake accounts. There’s got to be a tracking system of some sort like social security numbers or something to verify people are real. 
I hope for stricter laws on stuff like that in the future. Spreading fake rumors and news stories is already rampant, people should be held accountable. You want to post, do it under your own name and be held accountable for it. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I never understood why twitter allowed fake accounts. There’s got to be a tracking system of some sort like social security numbers or something to verify people are real. 
I hope for stricter laws on stuff like that in the future. Spreading fake rumors and news stories is already rampant, people should be held accountable. You want to post, do it under your own name and be held accountable for it. 

Uhh, one big reason: $$$$

It is in Twitter's best interest to have as many accounts as possible. Even if most are fake (which they currently are).

There is absolutely NO motivation for them to crack down on fake or alt accounts. It would reduce their numbers and therefore reduce their ad and data revenue.

It's a "free" service to the users. Which means users arent the customer, they are the PRODUCT. Do you want to pay for twitter? Or do you trust twitter to not sell your SSN to the highest bidder along with all your user data they already track and sell?

The simplest answer: get off twitter, get off facebook (and IG and snap and tiktok and...)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Uhh, one big reason: $$$$

It is in Twitter's best interest to have as many accounts as possible. Even if most are fake (which they currently are).

There is absolutely NO motivation for them to crack down on fake or alt accounts. It would reduce their numbers and therefore reduce their ad and data revenue.

It's a "free" service to the users. Which means users arent the customer, they are the PRODUCT. Do you want to pay for twitter? Or do you trust twitter to not sell your SSN to the highest bidder along with all your user data they already track and sell?

The simplest answer: get off twitter, get off facebook (and IG and snap and tiktok and...)

I don’t do twitter anyways. 
I wouldn’t expect twitter to do anything, I meant more the government should step in and regulate some of these social media platforms. I can’t see anything wrong with accountability 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What dork has a burner account?

Mitt Romney.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Thanks RC2catch for that take. 

Ready to do it here? 

• Like (+1) 1