Please, Please Please...Never mind

Lurker

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No the Pegulas will not for Beane will not be stupid enough to call one of their daughter a ***** like Polian did and this is something he admitted he did.   A daughter who worked in scouting department and actually found some players.

I am sure if you were a boss and someone called your daughter a ***** you would have said "You are right. If I am lucky maybe I can get lucky with her."

I had never heard that about Polian, obviously that changes things.

7 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Reviewing the comments here on how great the Bills GM is as a result of today’s draft - but I haven’t read a single post providing any justification as to why ?  I grade today’s draft by the Bills as a generally fair to barely average; with my rationale:

- when I compare the Bills draft to other teams (Patriots and Ravens to make a few) we definitely did not get the same value.  

- I cannot find any way possible to see how the Bills 2 lone picks (plus one trade / Diggs) are better than the Ravens and Patriots drafts today. 

- The GM is responsible for “shaping” future drafts to allow for a maximum amount of picks to correspond with best value.  I didn’t see any of that from the Bills GM within the last year leading up to today’s draft and none of it today during the execution of today’s draft.

I do commend the great work which was accomplished with the salary cap and related contracts which is exceptionally hard work - especially to correct all the poor contracts given by the previous GM. If I’m missing something about today, I would like to know - again little to no justification seems to have been provided for today’s so called exceptional work.

We have a guarentee at WR.   No one else has that.  We got a guy with 1st round value at the end of the second and we got a guy with late second early 3rd value late in 3rd...all at positions of need.  Wtf are you talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I highly doubt him or Mcdermott worry about an extension. They’re here for the long haul. No way they don’t get new contracts. They would have to have one of the worst meltdowns 2 years straight to be out of work here. They have done a fantastic job. 
It took me a year to see the vision of what they were doing (some others on here still don’t get it) but they sold me after year one 

Oh, they're leaving ASAP.  Didn't you read the Timmy Graham article?

7 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Reviewing the comments here on how great the Bills GM is as a result of today’s draft - but I haven’t read a single post providing any justification as to why ?  I grade today’s draft by the Bills as a generally fair to barely average; with my rationale:

- when I compare the Bills draft to other teams (Patriots and Ravens to make a few) we definitely did not get the same value.  

- I cannot find any way possible to see how the Bills 2 lone picks (plus one trade / Diggs) are better than the Ravens and Patriots drafts today. 

- The GM is responsible for “shaping” future drafts to allow for a maximum amount of picks to correspond with best value.  I didn’t see any of that from the Bills GM within the last year leading up to today’s draft and none of it today during the execution of today’s draft.

I do commend the great work which was accomplished with the salary cap and related contracts which is exceptionally hard work - especially to correct all the poor contracts given by the previous GM. If I’m missing something about today, I would like to know - again little to no justification seems to have been provided for today’s so called exceptional work.

The Cheaters?  LOL!  The Ravens OTOH had a good one.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I doubt pegula will let him walk like Ralph allowed Polian to walk. Ralph thought Buffalo could recruit on their winning ways while Pegula knows he needs a good GM to get it done.

I hope so.  Though Beane's team is yet to achieve anything big other than making the playoffs 1 of the two seasons he has been here.  Standards should be highre...expectations are going to be sky high for this team.  Let us see how they react.  Hope this all sets up for the Superbowl.

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We have a guarentee at WR.   No one else has that.  We got a guy with 1st round value at the end of the second and we got a guy with late second early 3rd value late in 3rd...all at positions of need.  Wtf are you talking about. 

Draft "value" is a meaningless concept.   Just measures what happened against someones guess from before the draft. 

8 hours ago, Jay free said:

I must say ...Beane does a great job; but he was just average in this draft . No way we shouldn't have come out without Johnathan taylor, Kyle duggar, Jeremy chin, kj hamler....or jk dobbins.....

Indy, New England, Baltimore traded up and all over the board.......one if not both of these teams will be in the afc championship game because of it......when you have control of the division....you got to go for it....and step on your foes throats.....

espinenza and moss will never be hall of famers.......

taylor, duggar, chinn might .....

just my two cents......

have high hopes on Moss considering the success battering ram RBs have had recently!

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Shouldn't we wait until at least 1 or 2 of his 1st and 2nd round picks lives up to their draft status? Also, he has apparently given up on putting a good OL together despite the fact that he had more cap space than 27 other teams. That said, I think Oliver still has a shot at greatness and maybe Edmunds might turn out OK. I do think a lot of people overrate him, though.

Nice opinion, True to form as always...

GoBills!!!

8 hours ago, Jay free said:

I must say ...Beane does a great job; but he was just average in this draft . No way we shouldn't have come out without Johnathan taylor, Kyle duggar, Jeremy chin, kj hamler....or jk dobbins.....

Indy, New England, Baltimore traded up and all over the board.......one if not both of these teams will be in the afc championship game because of it......when you have control of the division....you got to go for it....and step on your foes throats.....

just my two cents......

Ok....no more beer for this guy ☝?

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ what in the world?!?!?  Smh

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

But in these cases.  Everyone said before the draft. 

In other words Beane made very conventional picks.  If they result in a championship, these are great.  If we don't win playoff games, then they likely were not great. Time will tell.  But one can't be great on projections, only results. 

Don't get me wrong. Beane is competent. I have zero problem with extending him, in order to avoid a return to incompetence.  I am just not polishing his Canton bust until we win more playoff games.  In a row. 

Edited by Chaos

9 hours ago, Jay free said:

just my two cents......

you can have your 2 cents back

• Haha (+1) 1

As is often the case with the Bills draft many fans only know the east coast players they hear about and see more regularly, so outside of the SEC, Notre Dame and Penn State it’s somewhat of a fog. Let me help those fans out....Moss is one heck of a running back! Utah is not a D2 school. He’s going to be a great addition to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

When do you know the Bills are massively improving? When fans are complaining of just "good picks" to a "good team".

Certainly beats reaches and basically hating the front office every year.

Wake-up, these are great picks with great value. The 1st 3 rounds are going to equal 3 contributors this year and beyond.

That's INSANE value to get 3 contributors in year 1, with a Pro-Bowl level WR.

7 hours ago, hjnick said:

Let me say this up front, I really really like Beane and McDermott.  I want them to be here for a while.

I love Beane's philosophy on how to build this team and we'll see how he maintains it as Josh Allen gets his new contract.

OK, the one thing that really bothers me is that most of the free agents / players coming to the Bills are coming from the Panthers, which is where he was prior to being our GM.  He is using his inside knowledge on those players and if they are worth bringing here.

I just worry about in a couple of years when he cannot use Carolina players as his personal free agent store (because those will be players he won't know well) and he needs to start evaluating and pulling more FA's from other teams.

That is my only real concern.

Beane has done a wonderful job with the roster, getting 'extra' players and trading them during training camp, the drafts have been pretty good.

Is he perfect? No, but he is working hard for us. 

The issue with all the Carolina guys is not necessarily that it will stop, its that I cant help but wonder about looking at guys on the other 30 teams and which ones is he missing beause he likes familiarity.  At the end of the day though, the roster has improved consistently since he has been there.   At this point the only thing left is real results....winning int he playoffs.  And ultimately, how good can Josh Allen be?  That drives everything....

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Jay free said:

just my two cents......

If I were you I'd test my home and work area for toxic fumes.

Taylor, Duggar and Chinn aren't generational talents. Shoot not even the best at their positions but you're picturing them in Gold jackets already. Espenesa is the 4th ranked DE by many and being acquired at 54 is great value. 

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

What am I taking about ?? It’s clear as day what I’m talking about - but I’ll be clearer for you, Patriots and Ravens (who beat us last year and were given a worse draft position than the Bills) are kicking our rear ends AGAIN in this draft - and that will manifest its self on the field AGAIN for years to come.  I didn’t say the Bills had a bad draft, I’m saying Ravens, Patriots and few others are having far better drafts - and all the prep (shaping activities ) for each draft starts 12-16 months prior.  That’s what I’m talking about. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Oh, they're leaving ASAP.  Didn't you read the Timmy Graham article?

The Cheaters?  LOL!  The Ravens OTOH had a good one.

Cheaters, LOL,  call them what u want, they are whipping the Bills in this draft - and I say that from an unfortunate stand point.  Calling the patriots cheaters over and over and over again for decades won’t change past results and won’t change the results of today’s draft.  They are doing a better job - Patriots (plus Ravens ) shaped the landscape for this already 12-16 months ago and I wish our GM would be just a proactive.  Until we do better we can expect the same results going into the future.  And calling them cheaters won’t change a thing.  

4 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Cheaters, LOL,  call them what u want, they are whipping the Bills in this draft - and I say that from an unfortunate stand point.  Calling the patriots cheaters over and over and over again for decades won’t change past results and won’t change the results of today’s draft.  They are doing a better job - Patriots (plus Ravens ) shaped the landscape for this already 12-16 months ago and I wish our GM would be just a proactive.  Until we do better we can expect the same results going into the future.  And calling them cheaters won’t change a thing.  

LOL.  No, they aren't.  I'm glad that Beane tricked them into reaching for Duggar.  And if there's a position besides WR that Belicheat can't draft, it's TEs.  The other guys are rookie to try and replace guys they lost. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

LOL.  No, they aren't.  I'm glad that Beane tricked them into reaching for Duggar.  And if there's a position besides WR that Belicheat can't draft, it's TEs.  The other guys are rookie to try and replace guys they lost. 

Trust me, I hope you’re right.  But past results / this weeks results tell me I’m right.  And even if Belicheck can’t draft TE’s / other positions, the Patriots create room for error by always accumulating picks... by the way, I wouldn’t want to compare the Bills TE draft history with the Patriots ... TE is the most ignored position by the team for the last 20-30 years ...: unfortunate.  And I don’t accept the premise that spending 3rd and 7th picks last year prove we are set - far from it.  

9 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Trust me, I hope you’re right.  But past results / this weeks results tell me I’m right.  And even if Belicheck can’t draft TE’s / other positions, the Patriots create room for error by always accumulating picks... by the way, I wouldn’t want to compare the Bills TE draft history with the Patriots ... TE is the most ignored position by the team for the last 20-30 years ...: unfortunate.  And I don’t accept the premise that spending 3rd and 7th picks last year prove we are set - far from it. 

We're not talking about the Bills and TEs here: we're talking about Belicheat's draft.  They took 2 TE's in a bad TE draft and when Belicheat has a known history of being unable to draft TEs (Goonkowksi notwithstanding).  I never liked Duggar.  And the LB they took is being compared to Kyle Van Noy, who left in FA.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

We're not talking about the Bills and TEs here: we're talking about Belicheat's draft.  They took 2 TE's in a bad TE draft and when Belicheat has a known history of being unable to draft TEs (Goonkowksi notwithstanding).  I never liked Duggar.  And the LB they took is being compared to Kyle Van Noy, who left in FA.

We’re talking about / comparing Bills draft vs draft of other teams (NOT just the Patriots.  But your overwhelming hate for the Patriots has made that ur focus.  Call them cheaters all you want, they have and continue to outperform our Bills - calling them cheaters doesn’t change that.  And in my initial response here I was comparing draft strategy and draft preparation- and we got hammered when you compare by any reasonable standard 

13 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

We’re talking about / comparing Bills draft vs draft of other teams (NOT just the Patriots.  But your overwhelming hate for the Patriots has made that ur focus.  Call them cheaters all you want, they have and continue to outperform our Bills - calling them cheaters doesn’t change that.  And in my initial response here I was comparing draft strategy and draft preparation- and we got hammered when you compare by any reasonable standard 

Thanks, I will call them the Cheaters all I want.  Because they cheated from the very beginning.  And sure they did well.  But everything ends.

Mean Beane Okerlund! It's nice having such an organized, focused, strategic front office. For anyone whining about what Beane did or didn't do, I dunno, perhaps you missed the last 20 years full of Tom Donahoe, Marv Levy, Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, etc. No GM is perfect, obviously, but I can't tell you how friggin' old it gets to see crap like, "Ermagawd! Da Ravens and da Colts and da Patriots are dEsTRoyInG Beane! This is an abomination of a draft! How dare he NOT move around the board and trade up?! Asleep at the wheel! This is a travesty!" Just...ugh, come off it. So far, he's drafted players a round later than their projections. He's getting excellent value and solid players. "But Beane failed cause Billy Bellychunx traded up and took Kyle Dugger! He's playing 86D chess while Beane plays tic tac turds! Cleanse the office, Pegula! Purge me of this GM who hath constructed a playoff roster simply because I believe another GM did a better jorb!" Derp.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

This is a true NFL super star in the most important  capacity to a franchise, talent evaluation and acquisition. This guy has consistently made superior moves in free agency and the draft. He must be kept at all costs. He will bring continual excellence to a franchise that has suffered from poor management for 2decades.

13 hours ago, BillsVet said:

They have to win a playoff game this year to begin talking about extensions and the emotion at the high point of the off-season doesn't matter without that.  

This season is the final exam to determine whether or not their rebuild has been successful.  Teams that jettison big contracts, completely overhaul the roster, draft a young QB top-10, make trades like the one for Diggs and completed 4 drafts should be expected to go deep into the post-season.

The schedule will most assuredly be harder in 2020 than it was (30th hardest) in 2019.    

Agree. The schedule will be much harder.

14 hours ago, Jay free said:

just my two cents......

Just my two cents...

This isn't a good post.

So he failed for not trading up for a RB with a big fumbling problem?  He failed for not trading up for safeties despite having the best safety duo in the NFL already on our roster, one of which was just extended?  He failed because he didn't trade up for a WR to be at the very best the 4th WR on our depth chart and after he already made a big trade to get Diggs?

And he could have taken Dobbins, but saw too much value in AJ Espensa and still got an exciting RB prospect after.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Jay free said:

just my two cents......

We didn't get the guys ***I*** wanted!  Waaaaaah!

Trading is just that easy!

Edited by 1ManRaid