Heard a couple people on Sirius say Bills have interest in Zack Moss

The fourth quarter begins as the Bills are ahead by 3 touchdowns.

It's  frigid and blustery Day in Western New York as the Bills host the Chiefs in the 2021 AFC Championship game.

The Bills put  Zack Moss into the game and he runs the Kansas City defense in to submission.

On to The Super Bowl!

Edited by Bag of Milk
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

It's  frigid and blustery Day in Western New York as the Bills host the Chiefs in the 2021 AFC Championship game.

The Bills put  Zack Moss into the game and he runs the Kansas City defense in to submission.

On to The Super Bowl!

Is it okay to get really fired up during a pandemic.....cause I am...

• Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

On to The Super Bowl!

Worked well for Derrick Henry. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

On to The Super Bowl!

bring out the body bags the chiefs are dead!

If they can nab him at the bottom of the third, it would seem like a nice pick.  He may be a nice pairing with Singletary.  

i would be less enthusiastic if they took him at 54, but could possibly understand it.  

I do like him better than A.J. Dillon.  I think Moss is a decent combination of power and a bit of elusiveness.  I just don’t see any elusiveness in Dillon and sledgehammer-only backs rarely are more than middling role players in today’s NFL.  Dillon at pick 128 would be OK, but I think 3rd is too high for him - if someone else values him higher ok by me if they take him.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billiever72 said:

Love this kid I think he is a good compliment to Singletary or Cam Akers

I don't think so.  To me, he looks about the same overall to Singletary.   He is bigger and will be more useful in short yardage situations.  I think he would be best running between the tackles and (with some break-away speed) maybe a little better on breaking for longer gains,   He uses size and better speed there and Singletary is fast enough to run there and has a lot more wiggle.  The bigger guy might be more durable.   I don't see him as a receiving threat, WR threat, or being a guy who could beat people to the corner and beat them there or cut back.  He offers a similar results set from a different platform.  As a rookie, there is also a possible bust factor.

I have no issue with Moss so long as it's a late 2nd or later. 

He has some of the best tape of all draft eligible RB. Where he didn't perform well was at the combine but for me the combine doesn't elevate or crush a guy in  my rankings. It's a tool I use to move a guy up or down in his particular tier. Film is #1 

But the guy can play and hes a banger. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

Singletary didn't put up great combine numbers either. If Beane likes him, I see him pulling the trigger. 

That's a great point honestly. 

All the numbers say to avoid Singletary in the draft. 

Small

Not real heavy

Ran slow and agility at combine was poor.

His metrics say he should be a later round pick at most.

And yet the Bills took him relatively high in the draft. 

That tells me that they value game film far more than combine numbers and all that. And to me that's the proper way to evaluate a prospect. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am not particularly keen on Moss - and I think many GMs have him rated higher than fans do. That said, I saw on Twitter there was a woman (can’t recall her name) who broke down some PFF predictive metrics regarding RBs from 2017-2020 - with the idea that 2020 are only based on projected stats and success while using the previous years to extrapolate future success - long story short, Moss was the best RB based on those metrics in the years noted. Take that FWIW, but for me - if Beane takes him anywhere in the Draft....I’m sold.

2 hours ago, DJB said:

That's a great point honestly. 

All the numbers say to avoid Singletary in the draft. 

Small

Not real heavy

Ran slow and agility at combine was poor.

His metrics say he should be a later round pick at most.

And yet the Bills took him relatively high in the draft. 

That tells me that they value game film far more than combine numbers and all that. And to me that's the proper way to evaluate a prospect. 

or they reached and got lucky

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

On to The Super Bowl!

I think it moved a little bit 

6 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Worked well for Derrick Henry. 

I like how Zack Moss is 6 inches shorter than Derrick Henry but only 15 pounds lighter. Like Singletary, his very low center of gravity makes him a bit tougher to bring down.

He is EXACTLY what Buffalo's offense needs.

Definitely worth a third rounder, even if it means trading up a bit in the round. Not sure whether he's worth that second round pick, though we've seen way worse reaches from the Bills before and it would at least fill the team's biggest need.

Carlos Hyde is still an option as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I just hope..... and think there’s a good chance the Bills walk away with 3 picks on Friday night.

There are some studs to be had in rounds 2 and 3. I truly think Beane can grab 3 guys on day 2 and still have 2-3 picks on day 3.

Explain. I’d like to see this happen, but how can they realistically do this? What kind of trades?

Edited by PIZ
  • Haha (+1) 1

Moss would be a great fit. Slides under the radar due to him playing in Utah. Decent after contact, great at catching the ball out of the backfield and he is a senior who holds a bunch of Ute records. People love him here. He's a punishing runner. Learning the pro game, needs to learn pass blocking at the pro level. 

10 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

On to The Super Bowl!

And no fans will be in the stands!

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s not ideal imo but he’s a good back

Curious as to why you'd say that? His contact balance is borderline elite, and his change of direction is extremely impressive for a guy his size. Also is a very good receiver, I think if there wasn't injury concerns, Moss would be rated higher.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I just hope..... and think there’s a good chance the Bills walk away with 3 picks on Friday night.

There are some studs to be had in rounds 2 and 3. I truly think Beane can grab 3 guys on day 2 and still have 2-3 picks on day 3.

None of the draft pick value charts would allow that to happen without teams giving us 40 - 50% discounts, and teams just don't do that.

Still, he could do that if he trades away a day two pick next year. He's not going to do that, though. Thank goodness

• Like (+1) 1

I became a Utah fan when I lived in Salt Lake City, and I saw Moss play a lot.  The guy Moss reminds me of is Freddie Jackson, not from a skills standpoint (Moss measures out better), but from a heart standpoint.  He consistently refused to go down and would fight hard for every inch, just like Freddie did. 

Moss and two of his Utah teammates came from the same high school in Florida, and they all decided to stick around for their senior year at Utah to try to win the Pac 12 and go to the Rose Bowl.  It just didn't work out, but you can't blame Moss.

Bills fans will LOVE this guy if we draft him. 

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Moss is a baller.  This is why I absolutely hate that they love paying veteran rbs every year.  This is a very good draft for rbs.  The Bills should get a good player to pair with DS.

I like Moss a lot, though his lack of speed is problematic.  RBs really need to be able to take it the distance if they get a seam.  It’s so hard to pop one that getting 12 yards and a first down instead of 65 yards and a touchdown makes a huge difference.  Either way, McBeane has to draft or sign a back who can score and get tough yards.  The Bills return a total of 2 rushing TDs at the RB spot.  Continuing to rely on Josh to get those yards is asking for a disaster...which brings up another point.  A backup QB is a necessity.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

None of the draft pick value charts would allow that to happen without teams giving us 40 - 50% discounts, and teams just don't do that.

Still, he could do that if he trades away a day two pick next year. He's not going to do that, though. Thank goodness

Trade out of 54, maybe down 5-10 spots. Obviously gaining extra picks. Using those picks to get back into the 3rd.

I didn’t say what picks vs 2-3 picks on day 2 of the draft. I do think there would have to be a trade out of 54 to do that. 

11 hours ago, PIZ said:

Explain. I’d like to see this happen, but how can they realistically do this? What kind of trades?

Trade out of 54 to say 65.... gain extra picks, trade back up into early 3rd with our 3rd and extra picks. Trade 4th and 5th to get back into late 3rd.

i think that could still leave us with a 5th, 6th and 7th. At least 2 picks day 3.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Billl said:

I like Moss a lot, though his lack of speed is problematic.  RBs really need to be able to take it the distance if they get a seam.  It’s so hard to pop one that getting 12 yards and a first down instead of 65 yards and a touchdown makes a huge difference.  Either way, McBeane has to draft or sign a back who can score and get tough yards.  The Bills return a total of 2 rushing TDs at the RB spot.  Continuing to rely on Josh to get those yards is asking for a disaster...which brings up another point.  A backup QB is a necessity.

Are you referring to his 40 time at the combine of 4.65? I think he hurt his hamstring during his vert and was advised not to run, but he did it anyways. I think he looks pretty explosive on film.

19 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Are you referring to his 40 time at the combine of 4.65? I think he hurt his hamstring during his vert and was advised not to run, but he did it anyways. I think he looks pretty explosive on film.

Yeah, but that’s all I have to go off of.  Like I said, I really like the guy.  If he’s Kareem Hunt minus the off the field stuff, he’d be a phenomenal pick in any round.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Curious as to why you'd say that? His contact balance is borderline elite, and his change of direction is extremely impressive for a guy his size. Also is a very good receiver, I think if there wasn't injury concerns, Moss would be rated higher.

He’s not ideal imo because he lacks the breakaway speed I’d like in a compliment to Motor.

i didn’t say I wouldn’t want him or that he’s not going to be a good back.  Just that he’s not the ideal compliment to our current RB

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1