Should Jonathan Taylor be in play at 22?

Absolutely.  A top flight back to pair with Singletary is the single best thing we could do for the offense- less throwing is better for Bills at this point

Gordon has average numbers and will be too expensive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

not at the cost of a number one pick;  I don't see the Bills drafting a WR at 22 either unless one of the top 3 guys falls to them...

I agree.  With Murphy being Murphy and Lawson headed to the free agent market, I believe a DE will be on Beane's wish list.  One of the top four DE's should be available at 22 and be a decent value there.  I also wouldn't be surprised, if they bring in one of the second tier free agents as well.  A really good WR will be available in round two with or without a move up.  As others have pointed out, RB is probably down their list of priorities unless a really great prospect falls really far in the draft.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

He's had 986 touches in three years at Wisconsin.

That's a lot of freaking work, even for a 21 year old.

Otherwise, he is an outstanding talent, but the workload already on his resume is something McBeane won't be looking for at 22.

Barring any moves and if he is still around at 54, sure, just not at 22.

so. maybe ?

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Stop using high picks on running backs

get a veteran back to back up Devin who is special

who have we wasted picks on RBs since McBeanes?
 Maybe  you are still shell shocked from Buddy Nix major mistake ? CJ Spiller

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Why not trade for McCaffrey instead

cuz CM cost plenny of money

Edited by 3rdand12

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Not at 22, but man, I'd take him in the second in a heartbeat. Hell likely not last very long, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Taylor go in the first.

really? not at twenty to but 33rd ? and he won''t last long? 

Sounds like you kinda like him   lol

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Now before you guys tell me that I should be tested for the Coronavirus, hear me out. He is a great player that would fill a major need. Taylor and Singletary would be a devastating 1-2 punch. We would potentially have a running attack in the same echelon as the Ravens and 49ers. If Josh Allen continues to develop the way I think he can, we could be looking at a top 10 offense. If you put 8 in the box, Allen will tear you up with his arm. You drop one in coverage and you get clobbered by Taylor and Singletary. I know WR is a need but the value may not be there when we pick. I could see us trading up to the top of RD2 and taking Higgins, Jefferson, Claypool, Mims or Reagor there. We still get our WR and we add a potentially elite RB into the mix. 

Am I missing a chromosome? Or would Taylor be a great guy to add to the mix?

He is great but RBs are easier to find than what we need at other spots.

9 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Now before you guys tell me that I should be tested for the Coronavirus, hear me out. He is a great player that would fill a major need. Taylor and Singletary would be a devastating 1-2 punch. We would potentially have a running attack in the same echelon as the Ravens and 49ers. If Josh Allen continues to develop the way I think he can, we could be looking at a top 10 offense. If you put 8 in the box, Allen will tear you up with his arm. You drop one in coverage and you get clobbered by Taylor and Singletary. I know WR is a need but the value may not be there when we pick. I could see us trading up to the top of RD2 and taking Higgins, Jefferson, Claypool, Mims or Reagor there. We still get our WR and we add a potentially elite RB into the mix. 

Am I missing a chromosome? Or would Taylor be a great guy to add to the mix?

I'd say a 99.9% percent chance we don't take a RB. I do believe they'll sign a compliment to Singletary in FA, I'm thinking Jordan Howard is the perfect candidate. He had a down year, he's been an every down back a few years ago with Chicago and would probably be had for a 1 year prove it. He;d be the bruiser/goaline back getting the tough yards and Singletary will do the rest. He would be a great fit here imo.

He'll definitely be considered if he's there at 54. But it's either Chaison or BWRA @ 22....

9 hours ago, DJB said:

I do think adding an RB should be a priority but not over a WR. Lots of good RB in the draft that can be had in rounds 2 and 3.

Dobbins, CEH, Dillon rounds 2. Maybe L Perine, Josh Kelly, Z Moss in rounds 4. 

Josh Kelly would be a steal in the 4th....

Scouting report said hisissues are- passblock, fumbles . That's my only issue with, if we go Wr in the 2nd also. not shying away from a offensive force if I'm in Beane's shoes. Shelf life of 4 or 5 years is a good enough return on a RB if he helps Josh have an easier day

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

really? not at twenty to but 33rd ? and he won''t last long? 

Sounds like you kinda like him   lol

Well, we pick in the 50s in the second, not 33. So there is a big discrepancy in when I'd feel comfortable as a selection for the Bills. I do like Taylor, a lot. I went on to say I think you van justify him as a first round selection.

Now, into he context of the Bills, a first round RB is bad asset management.

People want to flame throw at the idea of a star RB in the First Round but I don’t agree. I’ll take a player who brings 25 to 30 touches a game over a WR who at best will get 5 or 6. It’s not like the Bills are picking in the top three this year. They just solidified their interior O Line by resigning Spain and in the past year have watched TWO historically top tier RBs depart OBD. I’m of the mindset that you can get a less busy prone solid WR in the 2nd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you have them backwards. Taylor is an option in the 2nd (as is Swift, Dobbins or Edwards-Helaire) imo. The receiver will likely come before we take a RB.

JT if there in the 2nd when we pick should he a no brainer

I think adding a guy like Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler or Bud Dupree in free agency really opens up things for us in the draft. I like the free agent crop at DE more than I like the draft crop. My two favorite prospects are Kenny Willekes and Alton Robinson, both are viewed as 3rd/4th round picks.

Anyways, here’s a stab at the draft if we go Taylor at #22.

Round 1, pick No. 22.
Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

TRADE! Bills trade #54 and #86 to Carolina for #38
Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado 

Round 4, pick No. 128.
Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse

Round 5, pick No. 155 (via Browns)
Willie Gay Jr., LB, Mississippi State

Round 5, pick. No. 167
Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss

TRADE! Buffalo trades #188, #201 and #207 to the Houston Texans for pick #131 
Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State

• Sad 2

I'm not a "draftnik" since I don't follow college football, so I'm not going to tout taking a particular player.  That said, I'm good with the OP's plan.  The Bills need 2 more good WRs and at least 1 better RB (read that as reliable playmakers) than they had last year.  However they acquire them, FA or the draft, is fine with me.  Allen can't improve without weapons, and the Bills aren't winning many playoff games without a significantly improved offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually yes you nailed it......I have Spiller PTSD :P

you are not the only  John     : D

16 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

But you know you're getting the best RB in football in his prime

Fair point !

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Well, we pick in the 50s in the second, not 33. So there is a big discrepancy in when I'd feel comfortable as a selection for the Bills. I do like Taylor, a lot. I went on to say I think you van justify him as a first round selection.

Now, into he context of the Bills, a first round RB is bad asset management.

I meant to say if Bills trade back a couple spots add a pick and land him early second. just a daydream of course !

22 hours ago, Locomark said:

We aren't dumb enough to pull another Spiller draft. This league knows you can draft RBs in round 3-4 and still be very successful and we already have a young RB1. The only RB you take in round 1 is a generational type talent and those guys never get out of the top 5-7 players picked.

I hate to brand an entire college but Clemson first round picks to Buffalo .... haven’t worked out well. 
Jerry Butler was ok / but that was 40 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

22: R1P22

RB JONATHAN TAYLOR
WISCONSIN
54: R2P22

WR BRANDON AIYUK
ARIZONA STATE
86: R3P22

EDGE KENNY WILLEKES
MICHIGAN STATE
128: R4P22

EDGE ALTON ROBINSON
SYRACUSE
155: R5P9

OT TREY ADAMS
WASHINGTON
167: R5P21

WR QUEZ WATKINS
SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
188: R6P9

DL RAEQUAN WILLIAMS
MICHIGAN STATE
201: R6P22

LB FRANCIS BERNARD
UTAH
207: R6P28

LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR.
LSU
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:44 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'd say a 99.9% percent chance we don't take a RB. I do believe they'll sign a compliment to Singletary in FA, I'm thinking Jordan Howard is the perfect candidate. He had a down year, he's been an every down back a few years ago with Chicago and would probably be had for a 1 year prove it. He;d be the bruiser/goaline back getting the tough yards and Singletary will do the rest. He would be a great fit here imo.

Please no.  We need a back that can scare a defense. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Please no.  We need a back that can scare a defense. 

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. We need our backup RB to scare people? He's had over 4.0 YPC average all but 1 season, is some rookie RB going to scare defenses? How about just getting a great fit and that's exactly what Jordan would be imo.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. We need our backup RB to scare people? He's had over 4.0 YPC average all but 1 season, is some rookie RB going to scare defenses? How about just getting a great fit and that's exactly what Jordan would be imo.

Why is he a great fit?  Because he’s big and slow?  I don’t understand.  He’s an ok back but I wouldn’t want to pay him more than 2.5 mill a year.  His acquisition price is his most attractive feature imo.  

Do you think that Howard is going to scare a defense more than Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Gibson just to name a few?  We need speed.  Not sloth

Just now, NewEra said:

Why is he a great fit?  Because he’s big and slow?  I don’t understand.  He’s an ok back but I wouldn’t want to pay him more than 2.5 mill a year.  His acquisition price is his most attractive feature imo.  

Do you think that Howard is going to scare a defense more than Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Gibson just to name a few?  We need speed.  Not sloth

A former RB who has been an every down starter, we already have Singletary who showed great promise but because he's not fast we're replacing him? Because those guys you're mentioning are top round players (1-2) most of them.

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

A former RB who has been an every down starter, we already have Singletary who showed great promise but because he's not fast we're replacing him? Because those guys you're mentioning are top round players (1-2) most of them.

We aren’t replacing Singletary.....we should be complimenting him with a big play RB as opposed to a plodding move the chains guy.  Adding a guy that can run routes would be nice.  

Anthony Thomas is what I see in howard 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, DJB said:

I do think adding an RB should be a priority but not over a WR. Lots of good RB in the draft that can be had in rounds 2 and 3.

Dobbins, CEH, Dillon rounds 2. Maybe L Perine, Josh Kelly, Z Moss in rounds 

Now that we've landed a long term #1 wr, I definitely think Taylor would be in play at 54. A Singletary / Taylor duo would be devastating. Or play it safe and draft Joshua Kelley in the 4th?

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now that we've landed a long term #1 wr, I definitely think Taylor would be in play at 54. A Singletary / Taylor duo would be devastating. Or play it safe and draft Joshua Kelley in the 4th?

I'd love Taylor at 54 but he and Swift will be long gone.

Dobbins, CEH, maybe Akers will be there. 

Likely AJ Dillon will be there and I'd be fine with it. 

Perine, J Kelly,   Z Moss in the 4th would be ok too. 

One way or another we are adding an RB or 2

Edited by DJB