Should Jonathan Taylor be in play at 22?

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If he's their BPA at 22, they'll take him.

Beane essentially said he wants to get game changers for the offense. Does he think Taylor is a game changer?

Oops did not see your post.
That's my question really.
In theory , i am cool with that. as long as it improves the Team day one and trends up from there.

Go Bils

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

But does he fit that description ?
would he improve the Offense from day one and long term?
cannot always decide when to add specific talent, especially when speaking to BPA when need does not come into play.

at 22 ? is that the case for Bills . or trade out of 22 perhaps? would he fall into BPA by your evaluation possibly ?

Oh he is absolutely in the conversation at BPA at #22. When I look at my board and calculate who of my 20 true first round grades is likely to be there the two names I keep coming up with are Kristian Fulton and Jonathan Taylor. I just don't think the Bills will or should go running back in round 1. 

I do think adding an RB should be a priority but not over a WR. Lots of good RB in the draft that can be had in rounds 2 and 3.

Dobbins, CEH, Dillon rounds 2. Maybe L Perine, Josh Kelly, Z Moss in rounds 4. 

Edited by DJB

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh he is absolutely in the conversation at BPA at #22. When I look at my board and calculate who of my 20 true first round grades is likely to be there the two names I keep coming up with are Kristian Fulton and Jonathan Taylor. I just don't think the Bills will or should go running back in round 1. 

Thanks.
Most would agree with you i wager : )

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I do think adding an RB should be a priority but not over a WR. Lots of good RB in the draft that can be had in rounds 2 and 3.

Dobbins, CEH, Dillon rounds 2. Maybe L Perine, Josh Kelly, Z Moss in rounds 4. 

and even more WRs in second and 3rd !

Bills are likely moving some picks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I start feeling comfortable with running backs at pick 29 and beyond. Either you're taking one in the 1st because you're a projected Super Bowl favorite, or you're waiting until the 2nd or later. I'm sure Taylor is a great player, I just don't see the value there. I'd much rather take another RB in the 3rd to complement Singletary. That being said I wouldn't completely hate it if they believe Taylor has elite potential. I would just prioritize other positions first. Anyways this regime prefers running back by committee so it's very unlikely that will be our pick.

I think Taylor can get you 1,200 yards rushing right away and maybe 500-600 receiving. He posted three back-to-back 2,000 seasons at Wisconsin. Singletary could probably match that production and Allen could post another 600 easily. I think that kind of production takes a heavy load off of Allen’s shoulders and builds us up for a deep playoff push/Super Bowl run. There should be a load of receivers available RD2 and the Bills could easily move up and nab one where the price isn’t so steep.

• Like (+1) 2

He's had 986 touches in three years at Wisconsin.

That's a lot of freaking work, even for a 21 year old.

Otherwise, he is an outstanding talent, but the workload already on his resume is something McBeane won't be looking for at 22.

Barring any moves and if he is still around at 54, sure, just not at 22.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Now before you guys tell me that I should be tested for the Coronavirus, hear me out. He is a great player that would fill a major need. Taylor and Singletary would be a devastating 1-2 punch. We would potentially have a running attack in the same echelon as the Ravens and 49ers. If Josh Allen continues to develop the way I think he can, we could be looking at a top 10 offense. If you put 8 in the box, Allen will tear you up with his arm. You drop one in coverage and you get clobbered by Taylor and Singletary. I know WR is a need but the value may not be there when we pick. I could see us trading up to the top of RD2 and taking Higgins, Jefferson, Claypool, Mims or Reagor there. We still get our WR and we add a potentially elite RB into the mix. 

Am I missing a chromosome? Or would Taylor be a great guy to add to the mix?

No way.  Taylor is a very good back but he has a lot of wear on the tread, fumbles WAY too much, reportedly is very poor in pass protection, and is not a good receiver.  I doubt he’s even a consideration for Beane at 54.  There will be a ton of good backs to choose from when our third and fourth round picks roll around.

• Like (+1) 1

We aren't dumb enough to pull another Spiller draft. This league knows you can draft RBs in round 3-4 and still be very successful and we already have a young RB1. The only RB you take in round 1 is a generational type talent and those guys never get out of the top 5-7 players picked.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

No way.  Taylor is a very good back but he has a lot of wear on the tread, fumbles WAY too much, reportedly is very poor in pass protection, and is not a good receiver.  I doubt he’s even a consideration for Beane at 54.  There will be a ton of good backs to choose from when our third and fourth round picks roll around.

He’s the best back in the draft and it’s not even close. He won’t be there at 54. This guy is a rich man’s Nick Chubb. Same build, same brute strength combined with lightning speed. He has top 5 potential at his position right away when he gets to the NFL. Extremely worthy of a first round pick. He wasn’t asked to catch much at Wisconsin, that same label was put on Singletary coming out. He may never be a 1,000 yard receiver but he can be a pretty good one while also being a dominant lead back. As far as blocking, that can be taught. 5’11 227lbs with a 4.39 cannot be taught. The amount of pressure taken off of Allen by having Taylor and Singletary back there is worth it. Buffalo would head and shoulders be the NFL’s top rushing offense and Allen would simply have to make a few plays instead of having to be the focal point in our offense, I just don’t think he’s ready for that. John Brown proved he can be a #1, we just need a solid #2 and we can get that RD2.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't love the pick at 22 but like most things with this front office I would get behind it very quickly. Plus we need game changers and he fits that definition. It will really depend on what we do in FA with the DE hole. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm ok taking Jonathon Taylor with our 1st pick, as long as we get quality WR with our second pick.  RB1b is a big need, right up there with WR and Edge IMO.  I'd prefer RB after a trade back

Problem is you won't know so a RB in round 1 does not make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s the best back in the draft and it’s not even close. He won’t be there at 54. This guy is a rich man’s Nick Chubb. Same build, same brute strength combined with lightning speed. He has top 5 potential at his position right away when he gets to the NFL. Extremely worthy of a first round pick. He wasn’t asked to catch much at Wisconsin, that same label was put on Singletary coming out. He may never be a 1,000 yard receiver but he can be a pretty good one while also being a dominant lead back. As far as blocking, that can be taught. 5’11 227lbs with a 4.39 cannot be taught. The amount of pressure taken off of Allen by having Taylor and Singletary back there is worth it. Buffalo would head and shoulders be the NFL’s top rushing offense and Allen would simply have to make a few plays instead of having to be the focal point in our offense, I just don’t think he’s ready for that. John Brown proved he can be a #1, we just need a solid #2 and we can get that RD2.

Very few scouts have Taylor rated ahead of DeAndre Swift, so to say Taylor is the best back in the draft and “it’s not even close” is simply foolish.  

He was a major fumbler in college, on a very large sample size, and guys like that don’t magically learn to hang onto the ball in the NFL.   Then there’s the whole Wisconsin RB thing, which is very real, I’m afraid.  I’m not saying Taylor will last to pick 54, but I wouldn’t take him there.

Josh needs a vet RB to pair with Singletary for pass protection alone.  I know it was only 1 game, but Singletary almost got Josh killed a couple times in the playoff game.  We don’t need to add a rookie to the RB rotation.  I personally think Beane will go after one of the top RB’s in free agency.  

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

Very few scouts have Taylor rated ahead of DeAndre Swift. 

I don't know on that. I have seen a pretty good split of Taylor, Swift and even some Dobbins as RB1. 

I personally think Taylor is the best back in the class. Is it close? Kind of. But he has elite vision, excellent speed and in 2019 he showed ability catching the ball too. Yes, pass protection needs major work but I think that about Swift too.