Browns release LB Christian Kirksey - Signing with Packers 2 years, 16 mill

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I team like the Raiders are going to have top end facilities in that area as well.  And can offer the starting Job.  Not saying we shouldn't try, I just get the feeling it will be a hard sell

Alrighty then... I’ll raise you a “Whose closer to being a winner?” ?

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Alrighty then... I’ll raise you a “Whose closer to being a winner?” ?

I do think we have a legitimate pitch. And no one knows what the real motivations of the player are. And I can say we are set up better now that we have been in the past of a player picking us over others (without drastically overpaying them). 

Just pointing out that I think our roster hurts us a bit here having two very good young LBers already here and we are in our sub packages over 50% of the time. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I do think we have a legitimate pitch. And no one knows what the real motivations of the player our. And I can say we are set up better now that we have been in the past of a player picking us over others (without drastically overpaying them). 

I have to imagine this is where theoretical ‘culture’ might come into play as well

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I fear we will be less appealing due to not seeing him as a feature backer. He can probably get a chance to be a starting Will somewhere which will put him on the field much more. 

We don't know how they see him do we?  Maybe the Bills ran nickel so much because they didn't have a third LB who could athletically compete, consistently, on passing downs.  If Kirksey is seen as being able to, perhaps the Bills run more 3 LB sets.  We shall see.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, purple haze said:

We don't know how they see him do we?  Maybe the Bills ran nickel so much because they didn't have a third LB who caould athletically compete, consistently, on passing downs.  If Kirksey is seen as being able to, perhaps the Bills run more 3 LB sets.  We shall see.

That's my amateur analysis, especially after watching the few snippets above.  Would another athletic LB give Frazier & Co a lot more scheme flexibility in switching up  Kirksey & Edmunds?

5 minutes ago, GG said:

That's my amateur analysis, especially after watching the few snippets above.  Would another athletic LB give Frazier & Co a lot more scheme flexibility in switching up  Kirksey & Edmunds?

A third LB who can run would allow Edmunds to be more utilized in blitz schemes.  I don't think Edmunds should ever leave the field outside the occasional rest.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

A third LB who can run would allow Edmunds to be more utilized in blitz schemes.  I don't think Edmunds should ever leave the field outside the occasional rest.

I didn't mean that Edmunds would sit.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

The more often Edmunds gets to rush the passer, the better this defense will be; his ability to pressure the QB as a plus-1 is rare.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

The more often Edmunds gets to rush the passer, the better this defense will be; his ability to pressure the QB as a plus-1 is rare.

True.  He's good in coverage too, especially for his size.  That's why I say he should always be on the field.  That dude could go down as one of the best ever if he hits his cieling.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Wish we knew we were on a lost of visits. I know we are rumored to have interest, but would love to know we get a shot to get him in the building.

Things seem really airtight right now at OBD. Which I know Is a good thing but ... 

• Like (+1) 1

I have yet to see any reputable source confirm a Bills visit.

Some Twitter accounts that I like, such as Cover 1, have stated that it's going to happen, but I haven't seen any of what I would consider "official" sources.

Not sure what to think.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I have yet to see any reputable source confirm a Bills visit.

Some Twitter accounts that I like, such as Cover 1, have stated that it's going to happen, but I haven't seen any of what I would consider "official" sources.

Not sure what to think.

The only thing of which I can assure you regarding Kirko is that the Bills are aware of his plans.

• Like (+1) 1

Would be a tremendous get for Buffalo.  He’s going to remind the NFL who he is (barring there’s a season).  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Buffalo exceed a front loaded (2 year) deal, instead of the speculated “base offer/ prove it” contract.  Hope they get him.  

Joe Thomas called him one the all time Browns greats, not just for what he did onthe field but off. He seems like  "process" guy to me. I'd imagine other teams want a prove it deal. And while Beane has favored those deals, maybe we give him a 2-3 year deal instead to lock him up. He's just what the defense needs to replace Zo IMO