Browns release LB Christian Kirksey - Signing with Packers 2 years, 16 mill

10 hours ago, Heitz said:

Connect the dots.  Follow the money... ?

There’s a lot of reasons to connect Kirksey to the Bills. They have a starting spot open. 2 of his best friends start on the defense. The Bills have a lot of cap space. He doesn’t factor into the comp formula. The Bills interest and Kirksey’s interest shouldn’t be a surprise. Obviously the numbers will have to work but I’d be surprised if the Bills weren’t in on this.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This would be a sneaky big signing. I'm not sure if they do it. Kirksey's injury history may prevent a long-term deal around the league. It's a very good fit here for a 1 year deal.

I think the injury history could allow for a team friendly 3 year deal. Year 1 carries the guaranteed money. Club Option year 2, club Option year 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I fear we will be less appealing due to not seeing him as a feature backer. He can probably get a chance to be a starting Will somewhere which will put him on the field much more. 

Raiders only  have like 1 LB under contract so he’s probably a big piece there

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I fear we will be less appealing due to not seeing him as a feature backer. He can probably get a chance to be a starting Will somewhere which will put him on the field much more. 

I agree.  I think a team like the Raiders will have the lure of full time Starter.  Where here in Buffalo he will NOT be that Full Time 3 Down LBer.  It will be a hard Sell to him just based on what we have to offer roster wise.

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I agree.  I think a team like the Raiders will have the lure of full time Starter.  Where here in Buffalo he will NOT be that Full Time 3 Down LBer.  It will be a hard Sell to him just based on what we have to offer roster wise.

I can see that as a concern. But one could argue he’s going to turn 28 at the beginning of the year (August 31) & maybe he can see that playing on this defense in a role like Zo with his best friends, and having access to the best training and recovery facilities in the league could extend his career.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I can see that as a concern. But one could argue he’s going to turn 28 at the beginning of the year (August 31) & maybe he can see that playing on this defense in a role like Zo with his best friends, and having access to the best training and recovery facilities in the league could extend his career.  

I team like the Raiders are going to have top end facilities in that area as well.  And can offer the starting Job.  Not saying we shouldn't try, I just get the feeling it will be a hard sell

20 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh but the way they used Alexander in 2019 was pretty much a hybrid line, they had him everywhere from WILL to DT...made for some super confusing looks

Very few players have the versatility of Alexander - it is partly because he has been asked to do so many different things in his career.  I was expecting him to lose more weight and be third big safety before he retired.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Very few players have the versatility of Alexander - it is partly because he has been asked to do so many different things in his career.  I was expecting him to lose more weight and be third big safety before he retired.

lol that would have been amazing