Browns release LB Christian Kirksey - Signing with Packers 2 years, 16 mill

I might be in the minority here, but I think his deal is relatively fair.  I don’t see him as fair to be labeled injury prone when his last injury isn’t the kind of reoccurring and just bad luck most likely.  He was healthy first 4 years.  

Stafford was labeled fragile because he had a couple bad luck injuries to start his career.  Then went a long time before getting hurt again.  Sometimes in a violent game you get a couple injuries close to each other.  I’m not so quick to label a guy injury prove over that, especially if it’s not consistent ticky tack stuff.

But I also won’t lose sleep over this, but just do think his contract was reasonable based on his level of play before the last 2 years got shortened. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I might be in the minority here, but I think his deal is relatively fair.  I don’t see him as fair to be labeled injury prone when his last injury isn’t the kind of reoccurring and just bad luck most likely.  He was healthy first 4 years.  

Stafford was labeled fragile because he had a couple bad luck injuries to start his career.  Then went a long time before getting hurt again.  Sometimes in a violent game you get a couple injuries close to each other.  I’m not so quick to label a guy injury prove over that, especially if it’s not consistent ticky tack stuff.

But I also won’t lose sleep over this, but just do think his contract was reasonable based on his level of play before the last 2 years got shortened. 

For a full-time LB'er like he'll be with the Pack but not here, it's a fair deal.  Health-willing, of course.  But time will tell on that one.