Browns release LB Christian Kirksey - Signing with Packers 2 years, 16 mill

It looks like it was chest injury which kept him out last year. Not as concerning as other injuries despite the length of time it stopped him from playing. 

I reckon this has a modern day Bills move all over it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lorax played a little less than half the snaps a year ago.  Not sure how many of these were as a primary pass rusher, but i'll assume a relatively low%.  Figure another DE will be needed unless they bring back lawson.  Same goes for replacing phillips.  

Someone needs to take those snaps - i think mcD would prefer a vet.  If only to push some of the younger guys to play their best.

Guy doesn’t miss a game his first 4 years.  Gets PAID for a 4-3 and can’t stay healthy.

that being said, I’d love to snag him, but I feel that, despite his injuries, he’s going to get a decent contract, not similar to the one we signed KJ to last year.  

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought they were playing him inside but theyve had so many different schemes lately who the hell knows

They may have been playing him Inside and maybe that is why he has ben injured his Lack of Size cannot handle a 3-4 ILB.  According to depth chart was a Will in 2019.  Was the WILB in the 3/4

Edited by MAJBobby

Think he would take the deal we just gave to Norman? 1 year prove it deal, $6 million base with a potential $2 million more in incentives. 

Could be a win-win for Kirksey and the Bills. A replacement for Lorax for us and a chance to stay healthy and play among one of the league's best defenses for him. Get it done Beane! 

What are his strengths / weaknesses ?

I heard a lot of good things about him, but I never really seen him play !

But if he could be a good fit, let’s sign him to a cheap deal (because he has history of injuries).

21 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Think he would take the deal we just gave to Norman? 1 year prove it deal, $6 million base with a potential $2 million more in incentives. 

Could be a win-win for Kirksey and the Bills. A replacement for Lorax for us and a chance to stay healthy and play among one of the league's best defenses for him. Get it done Beane! 

Apparently the Browns wanted to keep him but at a lower salary and he instead chose to be released. Not sure what his market will be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If he's a good player, who has trouble playing a ton of snaps... well, that sounds perfect for a team that spends a lot of time in Nickel.  

No-brainer to sign him given his talent, likely contract, and the fact we aren't relying on him to play a ton of snaps every game.