12/29 Jets @ Bills PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can't believe we're playing Allen but resting Knox.

Knox needs more practice catching than Allen does throwing.

Well we only have 2 QBs so Allen has to atleast dress.

And Knox could have a nagging injury we dont know about and could be resting due to that.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

3 WRs dressing  is concerning.  If someone gets hurt we are screwed. Im guessing Yeldon and the TEs will be getting a lot of time today

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well we only have 2 QBs so Allen has to atleast dress.

And Knox could have a nagging injury we dont know about and could be resting due to that.

3 WRs dressing  is concerning.  If someone gets hurt we are screwed. Im guessing Yeldon and the TEs will be getting a lot of time today

No worries - if it is necessary we can always line up Patrick DiMarco out wide & send him deep - that is always an effective strategy for us. The Jets would never expect that ...

• Like (+1) 1

Go through the stands and select 50 Lucky Fans to realize their dream of Playing for the Buffalo Bills! 

Theres a fat guy in Sect. 126 and his wife is a big girl too! Get the guy who caught Allen’s pass attempt out of the stadium.

WE. CAN. DO. THIS!

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Alright everyone, let's relax and enjoy ourselves today.

It's great to have a meaningless game knowing that when it's over we will still be playing the following week.

Let's have fun and GO BILLS!!!

This isnt meaningless, If Barkley can get over 300 yards he might be the starter next week.,

40 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Contracted pneumonia (no lie) visiting the brutal Buffalo winter this week so going to miss the rain at the game.  If anyone is at Pinto Ron, my son is the kid they (apparently) cheered for his moustache ? 

Its been in the 40s and 50s this week? 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Wow. We're sending Allen out there without Brown, Beasley, Singletary, and Knox. This seems odd. What is the point of playing Allen then?

He’s the only other QB; pretty much has to be active. I doubt he plays more than 1 quarter.

25 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Finally, everyone clamoring for Duke and Yeldon will get to see how bad they are. 

I think there's a good chance Williams does look pretty good today as likely he's had more time practicing with Barkley all year sl better chance they are on the same page. 

And Yeldon , well someone is going to touch the ball so even if he were to get stopped for no gain half of his touches, he could still have 60 to 70 yards on the other half.

54 minutes ago, Big C said:

There's a chance they want him to throw some live balls to Duke and Foster. Maybe one series? But maybe not. Risking him would be dumb.

I've been thinking about this, and I'm guessing if Allen plays, Beane wants to see a lot of Kroft.  Does he stay on his routes, or does he get shoved off?  How does he release?  Does he adjust on Josh's throws?  Does he go up or dive for them?

McDermott made a comment of wanting to find out if guys "are who we think they are".  Looking at the roster, I'm thinking it's reasonable to believe Kroft is on that list.

Kroft was supposed to be the starting TE, the reliable blocker and outlet pass catcher.  Duke and Foster are paid peanuts.  Kroft was given a 3 year, $18M contract.  He's paid like a mid-range starting TE (#16 I think).  If you add his signing bonus to this year's salary, he basically made $4.2M this year for 10 targets: $0.420M per target or $63,636,000 per yard.  That's a lot of clamshells per step.  Kroft has been a bit of an un-sung hero in the blocking game, and he caught a key TD, but that's just not enough.

Kroft is due a $1.25M roster bonus in addition to a $4.4M (not guaranteed) salary for next year.  The Bills can move on for $1.6M.  Yeah, it's a risk if they play him all game and he gets a long-term injury and we have to eat his salary all next season, but on Offense, I bet a key unanswered question for Beane is "This guy is healthy now.  Given the opportunity, can he produce, or is TE back near the top of my off season shopping list?"

Expect Kroft to be worked until he pukes.  Or pulls up injured.

• Like (+1) 2