Edelman admits faking head injury in Bills game

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just feels like he’s making a mockery of it and using time and resources of the doctors during a game for his own selfish cheating jollies 

Can you explain how faking a head injury is cheating? To me it makes absolutely no sense to fake a head injury on a play you had zero chance of drawing a flag in your favor. Not only that but did he fake it in the tent and cause himself to be sent to the locker room for further evaluation? Again, makes ZERO sense.

So with zero motive to fake a head injury we have to consider if he has motive to lie and say he was faking it. Yes he does. To cover up the fact that he was sent back in the game with a real head injury. Nothing else makes sense.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Can you explain how faking a head injury is cheating? To me it makes absolutely no sense to fake a head injury on a play you had zero chance of drawing a flag in your favor. Not only that but did he fake it in the tent and cause himself to be sent to the locker room for further evaluation? Again, makes ZERO sense.

So with zero motive to fake a head injury we have to consider if he has motive to lie and say he was faking it. Yes he does. To cover up the fact that he was sent back in the game with a real head injury. Nothing else makes sense.

it isn't cheating, maybe trying to sell the hit as a vulnerable receiver, which fooled nobody from the moment of contact

i don't know how he keeps going, he takes a heck of a brutal beating every single game out there, nobody has come close to this for years now

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As someone else has said - was it @Virgil?  Their organizational culture is just permeated with this crap.  It's very calculated. 

They figure if they pick a guy 10 times, and the ref calls it 3, they're ahead.  A full contact tackle like that just ticks me off because if Poyer weren't on the watch for it, he could be injured.  Same thing with Brady 'cut blocking' Tre Day.

Wait your calling the perfectly legal block by Brady a “cut block” nope that wasn’t a cut block not even close. 

I won’t argue the Edelman thing outside say he fooled me I thought he was hurt which scared the crap out of me.. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wait your calling the perfectly legal block by Brady a “cut block” nope that wasn’t a cut block not even close. 

I won’t argue the Edelman thing outside say he fooled me I thought he was hurt which scared the crap out of me.. 

i had mixed emotions, i can never cheer for the injury of an opponent, no matter how much of a dooooooooooosh he is.

had enough of my team's players get carted off to wish it on others, the worst personally being the game after I bought a Cowart jersey...  :(

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TH3 said:

How 'bout this....there are 8 active threads complaining about the Pats in varying ways ....wah wah wah.....Safe to say they are in the heads of the posters who feel the need to feel  to feel slighted about their antics....

-Brady tried to trip Oliver after a play was over 

-Edelman tried to light up Poyer then faked an injury 

-Handsy Gilmore magically doesn’t get penalized anymore 

-Facemask ignored that puts ball on 5 yard line 

-Intentional grounding is legal when your Tommy 

plenty to gripe about tbh.   I don’t understand your sentiment.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i had mixed emotions, i can never cheer for the injury of an opponent, no matter how much of a dooooooooooosh he is.

had enough of my team's players get carted off to wish it on others, the worst personally being the game after I bought a Cowart jersey...  :(

I TRY remember in the end it’s just a game. I need get up go to work the next day wether they win it all or go 0-16.  I cheer for them and yes defend them.. but in the end all I want is good football and no one being carted off the field.  Merry Xmas or Happy Hanaka (sp).. enjoy the playoffs Bills will be in it a lot I think from now on (unless something unforeseen happens)  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I TRY remember in the end it’s just a game. I need get up go to work the next day wether they win it all or go 0-16.  I cheer for them and yes defend them.. but in the end all I want is good football and no one being carted off the field.  Merry Xmas or Happy Hanaka (sp).. enjoy the playoffs Bills will be in it a lot I think from now on (unless something unforeseen happens)  

thanks for being here, tons of jadedness and bitterness abounds in this fanbase, it's good to have some sunlight in the present and near future which should lighten things up a bit.

best wishes for the holidays and hope to see some good playoff NCAA and NFL games coming up!

It was a smart move and an attempt to gain sympathy and/or sell it as a 'mistake'.

The Patriots do the pick all the time and dare referees to call it.  If the call is blown, a TD there means the end of the game and the Pats cruise to a victory.

What annoys me is the 'all american', 'do everything the right way' mantra that gets levied on the Patriots all the time by the media.  BS.  Edelman is the most HGH hopped up, Oxycontin-fueled mess of a person, and he wont live to see his mid-50s.  Who knows how Brady transformed from a pudgy reject from Michigan into this ESP-possessing QB (and apparently the only one who has discovered watching film which explains away the uncanny ability to "guess" correctly 98% of the time).  

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Complaining gives ya something to do but gets you nowhere! Write that down.. (lol a Van Wilder quote)  the Facemask was a bad miss but i do believe been the 15 not the 5 yard line. 

I didn’t see Brady try trip anyone especially since he rarely was hit so.. I missed that.

Allen had 3 or 4 groundings not called, sad thing is I think it was a mess up with the WR all 4 times.

Gilmore played amazing but Brown still got his big play in.. the hands thing people need to let go he is an elite CB like White they get away with more. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Complaining gives ya something to do but gets you nowhere! Write that down.. (lol a Van Wilder quote)  the Facemask was a bad miss but i do believe been the 15 not the 5 yard line. 

I didn’t see Brady try trip anyone especially since he rarely was hit so.. I missed that.

Allen had 3 or 4 groundings not called, sad thing is I think it was a mess up with the WR all 4 times.

Gilmore played amazing but Brown still got his big play in.. the hands thing people need to let go he is an elite CB like White they get away with more. 

Patsfan sees nothing wrong with the Pats*** actions.

color me stunned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Plano said:

Patsfan sees nothing wrong with the Pats*** actions.

color me stunned.

Where did I say that? I said the Facemask was a horribly missed call.. just stated I thought the 15 not the 5 yard line it be on.

i didn’t see an attempted trip, so by saying I didn’t see it I defended it? 

now the elite CB thing I stand by because it’s true. The top tier get a lot more leeway from the refs than say a average or rookie CB.. just like the elite QBs get more leeway than the average or below average QB. That’s not an excuse it’s simply a fact.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

https://nesn.com/2019/12/buffalo-fans-rip-punk-tom-brady-for-trying-to-trip-bills-ed-oliver/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Belicheck*****(did I put enough) directs stuff like that to go down.

I mean, C'Mon Man.  Belicheck's control over that organization is legendary.  His dogs don't go hunt on their own.

missing 1 play maybe 2. 

but his act took him to the locker room this hampering the Offense 

Unfortunately  it wasn’t that bad for them 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Shouldn’t that at least earn you a trip to the tent? 

????? PEDdleman?

he went to the tent then the locker room 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

How do you feel about the blatant intentional grounding where there wasn't a player on either team within 10 yards of the football?

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Shouldn’t that at least earn you a trip to the tent? 

Exactly what I said during the game.  He never left the field.  He stayed on that drive and they kicked a FG.

The people to be mad at here are the ones who's job it is to immediately see that a player was motionless on the field and order him taken out. 

He wasn't.  And it was a big collision where there was a penalty ON HIM....no coincidence this was in New England.

Just now, MJS said:

How do you feel about the blatant intentional grounding where there wasn't a player on either team within 10 yards of the football?

Lucky! He usually gets called for those.  More than once a player zigged instead of zagged and he got the call because the guy was nowhere close.  I hate those calls.. 

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Please review the definition of cut block and look again.

Also please review what makes a cut block legal or illegal; it is legal for an offensive player to use provided it's not otherwise illegal (blindside) and the blocked player is not otherwise engaged.  I'm not saying that it was illegal.

That looked like a cut block to me.  A legal cut block, and effective because Tre Day was not expecting Brady to be engaged as a blocker.  Possibly one might be able to understand that we view it as somewhat underhanded for that reason; if Tre Day had assumed Brady was running downfield to block and flattened him, penalties might have accrued?

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lucky! He usually gets called for those.  More than once a player zigged instead of zagged and he got the call because the guy was nowhere close.  I hate those calls.. 

Ok, well Brady is lucky but everyone else in the league just gets called on that. Intentional grounding is the easiest call the officials can make.

48 minutes ago, TH3 said:

How 'bout this....there are 8 active threads complaining about the Pats in varying ways ....wah wah wah.....Safe to say they are in the heads of the posters who feel the need to feel  to feel slighted about their antics....

If only we could all be as sophisticated as you, TH3. Happy holidays! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

There are different rules for Brady.  You know it & I know it.  He should of been called for at least 3 intentional groundings.  The attempted trip on Oliver is on YouTube.  It was a bush league play by a bush league player.  Brady's time is over & NE's dominance is over also even though they will be 13-3 this year.  This is the closest any AFC East has been to them in more than a decade.  The Bills are close but they are just not quite there yet.  The Bill's roster from top to bottom is better than NE's & more importantly they are much younger.   They just need to learn how to close games out a bit better.  With 90 million in cap room, a full slate of draft picks & owner that is willing to spend with the big boys, as long as Allen keeps trending upward will be the favorite to win the AFC East next year.  & all the Masshole fans could cry in their Sam Adams & Chowder as the Razor will be half filled in the upcoming years.  It is going to be a lot of fun to watch.  

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please review the definition of cut block and look again.

Also please review what makes a cut block legal or illegal; it is legal for an offensive player to use provided it's not otherwise illegal (blindside) and the blocked player is not otherwise engaged.  I'm not saying that it was illegal.

That looked like a cut block to me.  A legal cut block, and effective because Tre Day was not expecting Brady to be engaged as a blocker.  Possibly one might be able to understand that we view it as somewhat underhanded for that reason; if Tre Day had assumed Brady was running downfield to block and flattened him, penalties might have accrued?

Thanks Happless I thought “cut blocks” were illegal and what he did was just go low.. learn something new every day. :) 

well as I mentioned Superstars get special treatment, and while Brady is in the twilight he is a face of the NFL so probably a good chance a flag is thrown if he lit Brady up.   Mind you I think everyone was shocked he threw a block. 

That intentional grounding needs to be revised in the offseason IMO.  

Brady is the master at it, but it is really permeating through other QBs.  

It is pretty clear when a QB is between the tackles and 'turfs' the ball intentionally with no intention of completing a pass.  

1 hour ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Really happy for the amount of offensive pass interference that game, and the flag landing right infront of Edelman's face made me laugh for about 10 minutes. Might have been a decently ref'd game considering it was in NE except for the Allen sacked when they were pushing him down further after the play with no call and the face mask at the end could have been a game breaker.

I can’t believe they called it at all against the Pats***. No team in the league comes close to running the number of illegal pick plays that they do. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It was a smart move and an attempt to gain sympathy and/or sell it as a 'mistake'.

The Patriots do the pick all the time and dare referees to call it.  If the call is blown, a TD there means the end of the game and the Pats cruise to a victory.

What annoys me is the 'all american', 'do everything the right way' mantra that gets levied on the Patriots all the time by the media.  BS.  Edelman is the most HGH hopped up, Oxycontin-fueled mess of a person, and he wont live to see his mid-50s.  Who knows how Brady transformed from a pudgy reject from Michigan into this ESP-possessing QB (and apparently the only one who has discovered watching film which explains away the uncanny ability to "guess" correctly 98% of the time).  

the media always rides the winning horse, they change their views constantly during a game depending on momentum

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was pretty obvious that he was embellishing it at the time.

But in the big picture that dude has taken an absolute beating in the slot over his career. 

If you want to win it helps a lot of have a filthy mutt like that committed to your organization.

When he gets off the juice post-career I expect he's going to unravel and be in pretty rough shape.   

Truly something to look forward to. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Gilmore's number of flags by year:
2012: 13 
2013: 6 
2014: 8 
2015: 6 
2016: 9
2017: 7 
2018: 10 
2019: 6 so far

What are you talkin bout boy 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Gilmore's number of flags by year:
2012: 13 
2013: 6 
2014: 8 
2015: 6 
2016: 9
2017: 7 
2018: 10 
2019: 6 so far

What are you talkin bout boy 

he left and has stated he enjoys playing in NE more

some on here can't deal with this.... at all....

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

All over the NFL, players are always playing just over the edge, doing things that are against the rules, but that are usually overlooked.  It's been said that every offensive line holds on every play.  It's true that Edelman is one who often does thing and gets away with it, but his concussion ploy did not distract officials from the offensive pass interference as he hopped, and as the article points out, he missed a quarter of the game with the mandatory  examination by an independent neurologist to rule out a concussion.  If the league fines him, so much the better, but he did pay a price for his ploy in any case.

All true, but none of that makes him any less a POS.  That is what he has always been and will always be.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just feels like he’s making a mockery of it and using time and resources of the doctors during a game for his own selfish cheating jollies 

Sure he is.  The doctors, I'm sure, are retained by the league, so this would only be an issue is multiple players were concussed and the doctor(s) were spread a little thin.  Maybe somebody doesn't get the attention he really needs because Edelman faked it, but the odds of that happening aren't real great.

Just now, TigerJ said:

Sure he is.  The doctors, I'm sure, are retained by the league, so this would only be an issue is multiple players were concussed and the doctor(s) were spread a little thin.  Maybe somebody doesn't get the attention he really needs because Edelman faked it, but the odds of that happening aren't real great.

move on.... playoff game to enjoy in a few weeks!