Matt Milano saturday night

dbfla10

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I think our LBs are talented albeit a bit raw. I wouldn’t pay Milano elite money under any circumstances though. Milano is smart, but slow and undersized. Definitely a bit overrated. I’m underwhelmed by our LBs. Edmunds will be great but as for the rest of em, I couldn’t careless.

Oh man.  Where do these people come from

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Sure seems like it. Don’t ask me to gush over every Bills player. Outside of Edmunds I think we’re really weak there. Our defense is good because of coaching, not the players. Our secondary overall is fantastic but that front seven needs a facelift. I think our defense is outplaying their talent level, Bills still have lots of holes. We need another good offseason before we’re serious contenders.

His best asset is that he's blazing fast as a LB. He and Edmunds are a huge part of why pass defense is our strength - they can cover most guys.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

You mean like the ENTIRE Defense?  They ALL has tackling issues

I'm wondering if one of the ways the cheaters cheat, is greasing their jerseys in some way.  Like a dry silicone spray or something that may not be noticable to just the touch, but would make tackling much harder. 

Just now, peterpan said:

I'm wondering if one of the ways the cheaters cheat, is greasing their jerseys in some way.  Like a dry silicone spray or something that may not be noticable to just the touch, but would make tackling much harder. 

Or they could just wrap up, something that the Bills didnt do much of

3 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

Did any one else notice how bad Milano played Saturday night. He was ran thru by Sony Michelle on several occasions, as well just simply missed some tackles. I think Bills fans overrate him a little. Guys in that position cant have that bad of a game if you expect to win in the playoffs. 

This defence isn’t built to go against a power running game for 4 quarters. Which is fine because we don’t really need to do that in the modern NFL. It’s also pretty rare for the other team to not get any holding penalties when they run that much (more common against the Pats). A few holding calls gets them off their game script and they can’t run anymore. It’s like the Eagles game, it happens once or twice a year but it’s not a sustainable way to beat us. 

4 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

Did any one else notice how bad Milano played Saturday night. He was ran thru by Sony Michelle on several occasions, as well just simply missed some tackles. I think Bills fans overrate him a little. Guys in that position cant have that bad of a game if you expect to win in the playoffs. 

I hate singling out one guy, especially when the entire team contributed to this loss.

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Or they could just wrap up, something that the Bills didnt do much of

15 games so far this season.  Only bad tackling performances I can think of was against the cheaters.  We had no problem with Derrick Henry, but can't tackle no-name #34???  

And that's the whole thing about a greased jersey, it makes it harder to wrap up!!!

Meanwhile, New house is their starting tackle.  He got cut from our roster.  Now he's a premium pass blocker and a road grading run blocker?!?  Their entire line is made up of other teams castpffs.  That's not just highly unlikely, it's down right impossible.  

Just another few things that makes you wonder about those repeat cheaters. 

4 hours ago, Markaf431 said:

He has one game that he struggles and we’re overrating him? Come on. Get a grip. Bad games happen for players and teams. He didn’t have his best game, he will bounce back. 

I agree 100%.

He sucked complete ass on Saturday.  But that's far from a trend.  I was pissed, but I'm not concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, peterpan said:

15 games so far this season.  Only bad tackling performances I can think of was against the cheaters.  We had no problem with Derrick Henry, but can't tackle no-name #34???  

And that's the whole thing about a greased jersey, it makes it harder to wrap up!!!

Meanwhile, New house is their starting tackle.  He got cut from our roster.  Now he's a premium pass blocker and a road grading run blocker?!?  Their entire line is made up of other teams castpffs.  That's not just highly unlikely, it's down right impossible.  

Just another few things that makes you wonder about those repeat cheaters. 

He isnt that is Cannon who got hurt in the game.  They do have the BEST Offensive Line Coach in the game

4 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Can you please look at things objectively? Dude, I’m a Bills fan, not a troll. Just because I’m not gushing over every Bills player like a schoolgirl doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you. Our defense is good because of coaching, not the players. Milano is a product of the system, I would not pay him big money. We have a few nice pieces like Tre White, Edmunds, Poyer and Hyde but outside of that nuclei there’s a huge talent drop. Oliver will likely be added to that group but he’s a rook. We’re a couple pieces short for a Super Bowl run.

There is NOT a huge talent drop from Edumunds to Milano. I don't know if you don't watch Milano play, however, when he missed the Miami game, we struggled mightily. 

I know our coaching is good but Milano is a very good player. I'm not asking to gush over every player. You're picking one of our rocks and saying he's slow, etc etc. I don't care how good coaching is, the player still has to PLAY. McDermott does not play 1 on 1 coverage on TE's.

6 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I think our LBs are talented albeit a bit raw. I wouldn’t pay Milano elite money under any circumstances though. Milano is smart, but slow and undersized. Definitely a bit overrated. I’m underwhelmed by our LBs. Edmunds will be great but as for the rest of em, I couldn’t careless.

Key words are slow & undersized. Milano has not exactly "wowed" me all year. He does get run over alot by RB's & TE's.

8 hours ago, corta765 said:

No way he is overrated he had a bad night as did the entire defense. Everyone was missing tackles and not covering their lanes. 

I do think though the defense is tired at this point considering the amount of big games they've had the last few weeks and work they've had to do. Additionally Milano has been a step back this year at points compared to last year. I think part of that is just him recovering from his injury and even though there may be no risk, I think he has been slightly behind and you will see a better Milano next year.

I make this right. 

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He isnt that is Cannon who got hurt in the game.  They do have the BEST Offensive Line Coach in the game

To be fair I’m not on the cheating thing as bad as some. But their line gets away with murder. I was talking to a buddy the other day about Patriot linemen, and how they get signed in free agency for huge money and almost immediately are completely useless for their new teams. He had a massive list I could only remember a few of the obvious ones like Solder and Woody. 

10 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

No doubt it was not his best game but go back and watch the Baltimore game.  He was the key player on defense.  The entire team didn’t play well on defense 

• Like (+1) 1

Nobody was good defensively, so it's "puzzling" to single out Milano. Biggest issue from my perspective was the lack of pressure. Yes, Brady was operating that short passing game to perfection and Frazier was thoroughly outcoached, but nobody in the front 7 got so much as within a couple feet of Brady.

I've watched several Pats games recently, and that OL has been getting beat up front with regularity. Not even with the blitz. Just guys winning individual matchups and forcing Brady into mistakes, throwaways, SACKS, etc. 

Where in the world was the pressure? The whole front 7 played poorly and McD/Frazier got outcoached. Very simple.

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Thing that gets overlooked by critics of the Bills is the youth on this team that plays regularly.

Bunch of kids playing on a 10-5 team is a promising future.

I think that is what McD keeps saying but it's not true.  Star, Hughes, Phillips, Hyde, Poyer, Lorax, and even Shaq all have many years of experience.  The offense has much more experience than last year with the addition of Spain, Feliciano, Morse, Brown, and Beasley. 

They are just young at critical positions - QB, starting RB, and MLB. 

10 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

The entire defense failed. In my opinion it was a scheme and coaching failure first.  Second it was poor tackling at all levels. And third it was Edmunds.  He was far worse than Milano.  

Bad game. Erase from memory and get back at it.  Texans will not have Watson throw 25 times under ten yards.  Tre with a safety over top should be able to keep Hopkins in check.  And hope Fuller's hamstring is not 100%

13 hours ago, Sunshower said:

He’s definitely not slow 

They called the patriots offense, a crockpot style offense. Taking short plays, to just wear out our defense. It worked. And our offense couldnt stay on the field long enough to give them rest. The bills offense has to move the football more effectively throughout all 4 quarters.

Edited by wagon127

22 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

I technically think the Bills are like the 5 or 6 oldest team in the league. I could be wrong but thought I heard that.

Their opening day roster was one of the oldest in the league

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2019-edition/

but the core guys you would expect them to build around the next few years are very young

Regardless of whether Bills' fans think he just had a bad game or was just a small part of an overall sloppy defensive effort, it DID seem to me that the Patriots ran Milano's way many times - as though they identified him as the weak link.  I don't know - would have to re-watch to really make that analysis, but sure seemed they ran his way a lot.