Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This game worries me a bit more so then Eagles game. Browns do have some talent but at same time they have had a really schedule Plus Nick Chubb is a good RB.

The Eagles have a Superbowl winning coach who is capable of out-dueling Bill Belicheck.

Now Freddy Kitchens may be that level of guy, but he's yet to show it.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Kareem Hunt looks like back as well. Hope Bill's run D issues are fixed or much better. Have to be better prepared in this one,

Kareen Hunt...sounds familiar but doesn't seem to have any stats this season...hmmm are we supposed to be afraid of the guy averaging 0.0 yards per carry?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Eagles have a Superbowl winning coach who is capable of out-dueling Bill Belicheck.

Now Freddy Kitchens may be that level of guy, but he's yet to show it.

KaleidoscopicWebbedCockatiel-size_restri

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This game worries me a bit more so then Eagles game. Browns do have some talent but at same time they have had a really schedule Plus Nick Chubb is a good RB.

I was more concerned about the eagles then this one but the browns are dangerous for obvious reasons. Bills can't afford to drop in level. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

When you look at a football matchup to try to decide who has the edge, you usually look at three factors: Coaching, Quarterback, and Defense. I would say that ALL THREE of those factors currently go in Buffalo's favor. I'm not saying Josh Allen is better than Baker Mayfield, but he certainly has been PLAYING better than Baker the past few weeks. So coaching, quarterback, defense? Buffalo. 

And yet? I can't shake the feeling of a Bills loss this Sunday. 

Our defense on Sunday will win the day but it won't be convincing. Josh will have moments with some mistakes sprinkled in. My biggest FEAR is Daboll. That falls under the coaching category. 

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

You do know how Vegas works right?  To get SUCKERS to bet $$$

The Home team starts as a 3 point favorite

Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns

Pick: Bills +2.5

Seems the Browns are un favored by .5 

Yeah guys that have power polls that show on a neutral field the Bills and Browns are only a 1pt difference.  Look at the DVOA of the offenses and defenses of each team.  A lot of duct tape guys go oh 6-2 team vs a 2-6 team easy money without looking into the numbers and doing a proper handicap.  

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All the guys reps bounce around, presumably depending upon specific plays called and that weeks game plan.  But while early in the season, Smith had several games with 50% of the snaps, over recent weeks it's been 31, 32%.  Smith had 2 penalties against Philly, none against Washington.

Kroft got 58% of the snaps against Philly, 17% against the Redskins.  Dawson Knox trended in the other direction: 45% against Philly, 76% against Washington.

I am expecting Lee to get a bunch against Cleveland as a blocker to help with Myles Garrett. Love to see Knox get a few too and then release out for catches.

10 hours ago, Sunshower said:

If it weren’t for a couple big plays by TreDavious White we would have lost. I stand by it, Browns could be a trap game.

Many games come down to a few key plays here or there; and trap games are a myth. Besides, the Bills aren’t consistently good enough to have a “ trap “ game. They’re not even favored vs Browns. 

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

His numbers are much better with time.  He’s terrible under pressure

Actually, a stat was posted this week showing Mayfield had worst rating in the league when not pressured. I’m guessing he’s not worst in the league when rushed. 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Horseradish.  If we win, we get the "W".  On to Miami.

I don’t disagree. I was talking about our perception within the league. And I absolutely vote for “horseradish” being the new “bull sh**.” 

go bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Found this kinda funny in the sense Cleveland is favored.

Yet as far as Fantasy picks, and yes I'm well aware it's called Fantasy and serves no real purpose other than playing the odds and exploiting mismatches.

As far as Start'em and Sit'em on many sites: 

Starts: Josh Allen, Devin Singletary, Buffalo Def, Sleeper: Hauschka

Sits: Mayfield, Gore, Landry, Cleveland D, Seibert (K)

Yet when I look at all the so called expert picks most seem to favor Cleveland in the game by about 60-65%. I'm assuming they feel this is Cleveland's make or break game before they circle the toilet and are in all out desperation mode. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I hardly see how beating a 2-6, downtrodden team that got blown out by that same Titans team you're knocking will somehow legitimize the Bills.

Of course, anyone knocking Buffalo for their weakness of schedule may also choose to acknowledge that they'd very likely be 7-1 had Josh not gotten hurt against NE. Almost no chance he doesn't punch it in from inside the 5 where Barkley couldn't.

browns are even favored this game so just kind of shows how we are thought of. that is true tho it still wouldnt be a great win but a decent one. giants with eli, titans with mariota, well are both ass either way, but dolphins, jets, redskins bengals, are all the worst there is

7 hours ago, eball said:

The Jets in W1 were a team with decent players...just ask ScottLaw. 

lol they suck. its why they are what they are now

4 hours ago, FreeMaxB585 said:

browns are even favored this game so just kind of shows how we are thought of. that is true tho it still wouldnt be a great win but a decent one. giants with eli, titans with mariota, well are both ass either way, but dolphins, jets, redskins bengals, are all the worst there is

lol they suck. its why they are what they are now

I agree that Cleveland is more talented than the others. I simply think that there's no point in looking for validation in any win that doesn't come against what mainstream folks would consider a premier squad 

I realized this morning that I'm now getting to the point where I expect Josh Allen to play well, rather than hoping he does.  When you look at his stats over the last five weeks (four games) you see that he is becoming a legit NFL starting QB.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I realized this morning that I'm now getting to the point where I expect Josh Allen to play well, rather than hoping he does.  When you look at his stats over the last five weeks (four games) you see that he is becoming a legit NFL starting QB.

But he doesn’t have a 300 yard game so he stinks right?

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I had a dream last night that buffalo beat the browns by 17 points and Tre White held OBJ to ZERO catches!!! Now i feel so much better about tomorrow game.

I'd probably have to throw those sheets in the hamper.

• Haha (+1) 5

8 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I don’t disagree. I was talking about our perception within the league. And I absolutely vote for “horseradish” being the new “bull sh**.” 

go bills. 

Off topic story here.  Many years ago, when dinosaurs walked the earth, the Hapless fam took their first venture into home ownership and the Hapless mom came to see it.  Hapless went off to see a man about a dog (literally) and mom decided to cook dinner whilst we were out.

She wandered around the yard, through a patch that had been a vegetable garden, and found what she thought were collard greens or something.  Harvested, cooked, and served.

They were horseradish.  ?  Turns out the previous owner grew a nice big patch of horseradish.

Moral: Never eat horseradish greens.  Though, since Kimchee and Lutefisk are Things, probably somebody somewhere likes 'em.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I agree that Cleveland is more talented than the others. I simply think that there's no point in looking for validation in any win that doesn't come against what mainstream folks would consider a premier squad 

F the validation, I'll take the W.  And that ought to become the Bills internal motto.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The Bills can win by 1 or 2 points and still lose against the spread.....just saying.

If the Bills win by one or two and are getting 2.5 they don’t lose anything. Do you understand betting lines? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I'd probably have to throw those sheets in the hamper.

Not straight into the washing machine? Eew.

;)

24 minutes ago, iinii said:

If the Bills win by one or two and are getting 2.5 they don’t lose anything. Do you understand betting lines? 

Ha. I thought the same thing but decided to let it go. 

...D&C's Sal says 24-16 Browns.......not surprising with him though............

"I had a strong hunch a couple weeks ago about the Bills being in a bad spot when the Eagles came calling (I was right), and I have a similarly pessimistic view about Buffalo’s chances Sunday in Cleveland. The Browns are overdue for a get-well game, and it feels like the Bills are the right opponent at the right time for that to happen. "

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/11/09/buffalo-bills-vs-cleveland-browns-preview-predictions-josh-allen-baker-mayfield/2522001001/

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do think Mosely is one of those players who is a difference maker to their D.  He's played 2 games, Bills and NE.

Serious question:  if they suck so bad, how did the Jets beat Dallas?

any given sunday. fluke games happen all the time. like when we beat minn as 17 point underdogs or EVERY year there is always anomalies. end of the day they have 1 win and couldnt even beat the trash dolphins. vs dallas they were at home and had a good game, bad teams beat good teams in the nfl on any given sunday. have to go on the whole picture and thats they have 1 win and are trash. Gase is a joke and darnold throws tons of picks off his back foot and has had games where had the lowest qbr possible

43 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...D&C's Sal says 24-16 Browns.......not surprising with him though............

"I had a strong hunch a couple weeks ago about the Bills being in a bad spot when the Eagles came calling (I was right), and I have a similarly pessimistic view about Buffalo’s chances Sunday in Cleveland. The Browns are overdue for a get-well game, and it feels like the Bills are the right opponent at the right time for that to happen. "

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/11/09/buffalo-bills-vs-cleveland-browns-preview-predictions-josh-allen-baker-mayfield/2522001001/

What did he predict against Miami and the Redskins?