Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Adam Gase should have been Cleveland's man. ?

Now that I think about it.  There's one coach who pry would've been a perfect fit.  He's had success everywhere he's gone and even have made the Bucs fun to watch.

Bruce Arians was even interested in the job last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000991695/article/bruce-arians-browns-only-team-id-consider-coaching

Cleveland Browns deserve to be criticized for selfishness and immaturity

CLEVELAND – Freddie Kitchens is wrong.

A few weeks ago, the Browns coach said his players were “a group,” and not yet “a team.”

After watching them lose 24-19 in Denver followed by what happened after the game, I realized something else.

They are not even “a group.”

Too many of them are “individuals” in orange helmets.

The danger of what I just wrote is it implicates all the players. That’s not true. Many of them care deeply. Many of them want to win.

But the Browns don’t have a “culture” to make that happen.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/cleveland-browns-deserve-to-be-criticized-for-selfishness-and-immaturity.html

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

The Browns crappy OLine is what makes them less solid. They have splashy skill guys and some good defensive rush players but their OLine is just bad. Time to exploit Baker’s turnovers. 

It's about time our rushers make some hay against anybody's line. I keep hearing this team or that is weak but we don't get many sacks.

7 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Anybody else worred about Wallace vs Landry

Only for cheap shots. I hope there is some institutional memory for what he did to Aaron Williams. Some kind of payback would be appropriate.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

is kareem hunt playing?  this defense better be ready to play this week and play with a little more dog in them.  

They better be ready to stop the run. You know other teams are seeing this D get ran all over and that will be their gameplan for the most part. Hope they get it fixed starting now

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

The Browns crappy OLine is what makes them less solid. They have splashy skill guys and some good defensive rush players but their OLine is just bad. Time to exploit Baker’s turnovers. 

They’re like the Jets on steroids.  Horrible coaching staff and decided to surround their young QB with splashy skill players at the detriment of their OL.  

Chubb, Odell, Landry, Calloway etc., are as good as anyone’s skill position players in the league, but they have one of the worst Offensive Lines.  

Baker hasn’t been very accurate with clutter all around him, and he’s also been throwing high so hopefully it’s time for our defense to force some turnovers this week.  

38 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Kay Adams (?) on GMFB just recommended Singletary as a last minute fantasy pickup for this week.

The last time she recommended a Bills player was Brown against Philly, and then he had a nothing special game. 

I hope she doesn’t turn out to be a jinx. 

She has recommended Brown a bunch of weeks so that’s not a jinx. The guy had been pretty consistent unlike the rest of our O.

• Like (+1) 1

I keep reading that the Browns are more talented team, and I can't help by ask why is this a given? Is it a case of highly visible skill /dollar position bias?

Examining for a second, Granting Chubb, Beckham, Landry, maybe the TEs receiving wise, Garrett and Vernon on the edge likely have an edge over Gore, Singletary, Brown, Beasley, and our Hughes, Murphy, Lawson etc.

But looking at the rest; Our QB Allen gets the nod over Mayfield, Our Oline is perhaps a slight edge with Dawkins, Morse, Spain....I mean Bitonio is good and Hubbard is a vet but Greg Robinson...c'mon

Our secondary...again c'mon not even close, Interior DL Phillips, Lotulelei, Oliver, Taylor  are at least a wash vs Ogunjobi and Richardson...I mean if you throw the stats into the evaluation they're rush defense is way worse than ours 4.9/carry vs 4.4 and 141 yds vs 111 yds. Our LBs Edmunds and Milano rate an edge over Schobert and the rookie Wilson. Our pass defense allows passers a rating of 74 vs 103 and yields 30 fewer yards a game!

In summary, Yes the Browns receivers, running backs and edge guys are better athletes and make more money but Bills win the less glamorous areas O-Line, Defense across the board, have more depth, have a culture that doesn't commit the penalties the Browns do or the turnovers, play as a team. Oh and our QB is a better player too, check the numbers!!!

I mean the real question is would you trade our roster for theirs- not me!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I keep reading that the Browns are more talented team, and I can't help by ask why is this a given? Is it a case of highly visible skill /dollar position bias?

Examining for a second, Granting Chubb, Beckham, Landry, maybe the TEs receiving wise, Garrett and Vernon on the edge likely have an edge over Gore, Singletary, Brown, Beasley, and our Hughes, Murphy, Lawson etc.

But looking at the rest; Our QB Allen gets the nod over Mayfield, Our Oline is perhaps a slight edge with Dawkins, Morse, Spain....I mean Bitonio is good and Hubbard is a vet but Greg Robinson...c'mon

Our secondary...again c'mon not even close, Interior DL Phillips, Lotulelei, Oliver, Taylor  are at least a wash vs Ogunjobi and Richardson...I mean if you throw the stats into the evaluation they're rush defense is way worse than ours 4.9/carry vs 4.4 and 141 yds vs 111 yds. Our LBs Edmunds and Milano rate an edge over Schobert and the rookie Wilson. Our pass defense allows passers a rating of 74 vs 103 and yields 30 fewer yards a game!

In summary, Yes the Browns receivers, running backs and edge guys are better athletes and make more money but Bills win the less glamorous areas O-Line, Defense across the board, have more depth, have a culture that doesn't commit the penalties the Browns do or the turnovers, play as a team. Oh and our QB is a better player too, check the numbers!!!

This is a tailor made game for the Bills philosophy. The Browns beat themselves. Play mistake free. Let them commit the turnovers, penalties, and bad coaching moves.   I just hope we don’t do dumb coaching things ourselves let always run on third and 2, run one wide receiver patterns so Josh has to eat it, pass up on field goals, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Anybody else worred about Wallace vs Landry

Not as much as I've been worried the last couple weeks.

We thought Wallace was good because he played well against quick/smaller guys. Then he fell apart against Alshon Jeffrey and bigger players like that. I'm pretty sure Landry is more quick/small than like Jeffrey

If the Bills want to win this game they need to run the ball well.   Cleveland is better in almost every statistical category on offense, and close on defense when it comes to defending the pass.   Where the Browns suffer is against the run.    They need all hands on deck in the run game.  Get Singletary started early, and have Yeldon up to help in the screen game.   Neutralize Garrett by running screens to the opposite side.

This is a must win, biggest game of the year for them.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Obviously. Why are they favored though ... is the question. I prefer it that way, to be clear. 

Perhaps the Browns are favored because the Bills are thought to have "Not Loss" rather than to have "Won" the games they have this year.

YES, there really is a difference!

In the first case, your luck will run out sooner or later.

In the second case, LUCK has nothing to do with it!