Bengals assistant coach: Buffalo as loud or louder than Seattle

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The Raiders game to go to the first SuperBowl was absolutely the loudest I’ve ever seen it. You could not communicate with the person sitting, standing next to you, you got goosebumps it was so insane...

That was awesome.  One of my favorite games.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

The loudest stadium I have ever been in and I was one of the 800,000 people who were in the stadium for the comeback.

Damn. Must have been a huge stadium. We’re you standing inside the infield of the Daytona Raceway? 800,000 people is a lot of people. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I’d have to say the loudest I’ve ever heard the stadium was during the Monday Night game against the Cowboys. Or the win against the Pats in 2011. Both were so loud you not only couldn’t hear the person right next to you. You couldn’t hear yourself think. It gave you chills that ran right up your spine. Absolutely unforgettable. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Damn. Must have been a huge stadium. We’re you standing inside the infield of the Daytona Raceway? 800,000 people is a lot of people. 

It’s a running joke about how many people claim to have been at that game.

The difference is Seattle was specifically designed acoustically to be very loud while New Era Field was not...

On a Neutral Site i would nearly guarantee Bills fans are the loudest in the NFL

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Ryan only repackages other people’s reporting. We should be driving traffic to the content producers IMO. ??‍♂️

He's reporting for New York Upstate now, a legit news organization, known for their "quick, publish it now, we'll spell check and correct it later" staff. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/ part of the https://www.advancelocal.com/ group. 

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

He's reporting for New York Upstate now, a legit news organization, known for their "quick, publish it now, we'll spell check and correct it later" staff. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/ part of the https://www.advancelocal.com/ group. 

I know what he does. He reads an article, extracts the important information out of it, and then wraps some words around it. 

John Wawrow has made comments, not site specific, about this type of “reporting” in the past. I agree with him. 

14 hours ago, Bevis said:

One thing about WNY is we have a lot of loudmouths, especially the women.

I read an article that appeared in the Miami paper before the Bills-Dolphins game in December 1990. The winner of that game was going to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The gist of the article was that Bills fans were better, and since the game is for the fans, they should win. It points out Miami could barely get 50,000 fans on a 75 degree day on Nov. 4 vs the Cardinals. A week later against the same team, in 25 degree weather, Buffalo had 75,000.  The funny part of the article was "by 9:00 AM they'll be half drunk. By 10:00 AM they'll be burning Miami fans' coats and hats. THEIR HUSBANDS ARE EVEN WORSE!" Somehow your comment reminded me of the article. 

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Steve O said:

I read an article that appeared in the Miami paper before the Bills-Dolphins game in December 1990. The winner of that game was going to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The gist of the article was that Bills fans were better, and since the game is for the fans, they should win. It points out Miami could barely get 50,000 fans on a 75 degree day on Nov. 4 vs the Cardinals. A week later against the same team, in 10 degree weather, Buffalo had 75,000.  The funny part of the article was "by 9:00 AM they'll be half drunk. By 10:00 AM they'll be burning Miami fans' coats and hats. THEIR HUSBANDS ARE EVEN WORSE!" Somehow your comment reminded me of the article. 

This is a perfect example of how WNY weather gets exaggerated.  It was 37 degrees that day, not 10 degrees.  Big difference.  

11 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Seemed loud to me. The defense chants on the last drive were intense. I still wish I could find a video of it or a replay of the game. My voice is finally back. 

That chant was amazing. I was sitting in 334 which is like center of stadium and I herd this roar coming from lower left bowl, then finally made out the defense chant and we all joined in. That last drive was nuts. I couldnt hear up in 300, could only imagine how loud it was down on the field!

10 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That chant was amazing. I was sitting in 334 which is like center of stadium and I herd this roar coming from lower left bowl, then finally made out the defense chant and we all joined in. That last drive was nuts. I couldnt hear up in 300, could only imagine how loud it was down on the field!

I was in 129. Still haven’t left Buffalo, we are debating getting tickets for Sunday and extending the hotel. I have Buffalo fever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was pretty loud back in the 90's too!

The difference is that those games were sold out with 80, 290 seats, 9k or so more seats.

If I'm not mistaken, back then the field had a significant crown so the Bills RB's were literally running downfield.

Rich Stadium, Ralph Wilson stadium, New Era field has usually been a very loud place...when the Bills are winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That was the loudest I've heard the stadium since Florence's INT vs the Pats to take the lead. Which was surprising since it was the 0-2 Bengals but Its always fun when the crowd gets that loud

This year feels different and the fans can tell. I still have my guarded optimism with how many times I have been burned in the past but something is different. They win this Sundayband the city will be buzzing with excitement like back in the 90s.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gordio said:

This is a perfect example of how WNY weather gets exaggerated.  It was 37 degrees that day, not 10 degrees.  Big difference.  

It was 29 years ago, give me a break. Didn't check the game day weather but I have now - the 27 MPH wind made the wind chill 25. I also exaggerated on the attendance, it was 74,904, not 75,000. 

Edited by Steve O
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can find them at every pizzeria in buffalo!

Idk why the rest of the world hasn't caught up

I can find Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches here in Colorado but they arent the same. The chicken fingers are better in Buffalo somehow. You would think they would be easy to make.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I was in 129. Still haven’t left Buffalo, we are debating getting tickets for Sunday and extending the hotel. I have Buffalo fever. 

What row in 129? We have seasons in row 18

2 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

This year feels different and the fans can tell. I still have my guarded optimism with how many times I have been burned in the past but something is different. They win this Sundayband the city will be buzzing with excitement like back in the 90s.

It does feel different. For me its the depth of this team. If someone goes down with an injury, I'm not expecting a huge drop off. That makes me think this team has a chance to be legit

None of their wins are fluky. I'd argue in each game, they have been downright dominant at times and never really overmatched at any point

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

any videos out there of the Bengals’ last drive?  I watched the NFL’s highlights but you cant really get a good sense of how crazy it was.

I don't know about the last drive, but Sal C posted 3 videos on twitter. One was as the go ahead TD was scored. Probably similar noise!

38 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What row in 129? We have seasons in row 18

It does feel different. For me its the depth of this team. If someone goes down with an injury, I'm not expecting a huge drop off. That makes me think this team has a chance to be legit

None of their wins are fluky. I'd argue in each game, they have been downright dominant at times and never really overmatched at any point

Row 8. 

• Like (+1) 1