Fleiciano in a neck brace

Reed83HOF

54 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Totally sucks, and I hope it's not serious, and doesn't put him out for long. That being said, as hypothesized by many on this site, the combination of Nsekhe RT/Ford RG worked pretty damned well.

Didn't work that well from what I saw. The right side looked bad. 

On the left side I thought Dawkins and Spain did a very good job in the run game but both had struggles and at least one really bad whiff each in pass pro. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

On the left side I thought Dawkins and Spain did a very good job in the run game but both had struggles and at least one really bad whiff each in pass pro. 

I'm going to go back and rewatch the condensed game, but I feel like Nsekhe/Ford looked pretty good. I'll be honest, though, I'm not even sure when it was that Feliciano went out!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Out of curiosity, who do you think looks better at RT, Nsecke, or Ford?

I think Nsekhe looks much better, but I understand, and agree with McD playing Ford a lot. I think he needs to develop. But, I like seeing Nsekhe out there when the game is on the line. JMO.

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

I think Nsekhe looks much better, but I understand, and agree with McD playing Ford a lot. I think he needs to develop. But, I like seeing Nsekhe out there when the game is on the line. JMO.

Nsekhe looks better. But neither of them have been good enough. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Oline was absolute garbage after he went out and it wasn't that great when he was in.  

Like I said earlier...the Bengals played like their season was on the line today.  We looked like we were shell shocked in the 3rd and played nervous....that includes some of the play calls.  

Trap games are real.  Don't @ me. 

Trap games are real in week 3 against 0-2 teams. 

Watch out for Pittsburgh at SF. These teams are desperate, and a better chance than Jets@**Pats or Fins@Boys.

Easy betting. Called Bengals to cover, Steelers should cover too. Pats & Cowboys easy money

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The DL is the one thing the Bungles are actually good at, so it isn't a huge worry, I don't think. 

they for sure have  strong line. did some great stunting as well Bills whiffed on. Rough day all around for O line.

i must  say when Daboll began running left side Dawkins,  Spain and Morse did a nice job

18 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't agree with it.   It's how Josh is going to get hurt and limits his development because he's running for his life.    Best 5 on the OL play.  Ford isn't top 5 right now.  Develop on your own F-ing time.  

1 hour ago, Bills Oil Company said:

I don't agree with it.   It's how Josh is going to get hurt and limits his development because he's running for his life.    Best 5 on the OL play.  Ford isn't top 5 right now.  Develop on your own F-ing time.  

There is certainly truth to this.

But, consider:

Nsekhe (33, and already injured at least once this year) is on a downward trajectory.

Ford (top prospect, high ceiling, not playing that much worse than Nsekhe) is on an upward trajectory.

Ford needs to be developed. Not for his own good, but for the sustained good of the team. I think they're handling the situation appropriately.

And, honestly, I think the characterization of Josh "running for his life" is hyperbolic. Last season Josh was running for his life. This season, you'd have to be blind to not see the improvement in the O-line.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What kind of Neck brace? Was it the hard plastic one? That could be serious. the foam neck ring one could mean he had a fender bender on the way to the stadium and has a meeting with Celino and Barnes tomorrow morning.....

That jingle is going to be in my head all night. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There is certainly truth to this.

But, consider:

Nsekhe (33, and already injured at least once this year) is on a downward trajectory.

Ford (top prospect, high ceiling, not playing that much worse than Nsekhe) is on an upward trajectory.

Ford needs to be developed. Not for his own good, but for the sustained good of the team. I think they're handling the situation appropriately.

And, honestly, I think the characterization of Josh "running for his life" is hyperbolic. Last season Josh was running for his life. This season, you'd have to be blind to not see the improvement in the O-line.

Fair enough.   And yes, they are definitely better than last year.  If i were McBeane, here's what i would do assuming everyone is healthy.  Ford to bench.  Line is: Dawkins, Spain, Mitch, Fel, Ty.   Then next offseason let Spain walk (he's on a 1 yr deal), draft/sign a real RT (I'd prefer a Rd 1 or 2 draft pick), Nsekhe becomes the true swing tackle, and Ford & Fel are your starting guards - put one of them on left side.   So: Dawkins, Fel, Mitch, Ford, New guy.      

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

You do not need to be blind.  You could have an agenda and deny anything contrary to it.  Lots of "professional" sports analysts are like that.

5 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

probably not a good thing.  Best case scenario he’s out for about 6 weeks

A best case scenario is usually the best news possible, which would be ready to practice this week and play next week. Being out 6 weeks is a bad case scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

A best case scenario is usually the best news possible, which would be ready to practice this week and play next week. Being out 6 weeks is a bad case scenario.

If it were anything remotely close to being that serious, we would have heard something about it.  Again, fearmongering.