Jets going down - Angry Gase throws Darnold, Kicker, Anderson, Greggo under the bus. "I can do whatever I want"

Reed83HOF

Adam Gase summed up his football philosophy in one short sentence.

“That’s the beauty part of being the head coach – I can basically do what I want,” Gase said.

Gase’s first shot came when he was asked about the offensive line and whether that unit’s struggles helped explain some of the offense’s overarching inefficiency.

His answer? “Some of it was the O-line, but I would say if we read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem.”

Robby Anderson got the worst of Gase’s wrath. The coach was asked about Darnold averaging just 6.25 yards per completion and the lack of shots taken downfield and came back with this clear snipe at his wideout:

“Yeah, if we just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number," Gase said. "I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

That was a blatant jab at Anderson, who got behind the defense late in the fourth quarter. Darnold’s ball sailed over his head. Apparently, Gase didn’t like Anderson’s effort.

OK, so Gase ripped into his own offense. How about Gregg Williams’ defense? How’d the cornerbacks look on tape?

“I feel like we have some slight room for improvement," Gase said. "I’ll say that nicely.”

giphy.gif

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 23
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m so loving this thread and the good feelings imparted by a division foe’s implosion, who was picked to beat us for #2 in the East! At this point can we say 2 down, Pats left to go before we get automatic home field advantage for at least one playoff game? :P

I know, I know...I need to dial it back and tone it down...duly noted. Hopefully this post ages well! 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 3

Boy - he didn’t learn from his time in Miami.  

These guys when they get fired really should take at least 1 year off to review what went wrong and how to improve.  This is every bit as bad as Rex Ryan coming to Buffalo and putting on the same garbage show as with the Jets - he never learned.  

Gase is just as bad or worse - that was you offense that sucked and has continued to stink against McDermott’s D from the beginning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’m so loving this thread and the good feelings imparted by a division foe’s implosion, who was picked to beat us for #2 in the East! At this point can we say 2 down, Pats left to go before we get automatic home field advantage for at least one playoff game? :P

I know, I know...I need to dial it back and tone it down...duly noted. 

fac.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

He should just cut Robbie Anderson so we can pick him up.  Should probably trade Mosley to us too.

Mosley stays in that game and we're all on suicide watch today, and Gase is some kind of brilliant strategist. 

• Like (+1) 1