Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

I start mixing myself cocktails at halftime, that way I am ready for either outcome.

Used to be in a bad mood after a loss for a few days, now a bit of commiserating and venting here and I am good to go. The wife never wanted to hear it, but think having an outlet when you are a displaced WNY sports fan is the best therapy.

I’ve become much more stable over the years. Life has a way of giving you perspective. I love it when they win, but I don’t get nearly as down when the lose. I remember the foul mood of the city for days after a loss. Now? I realize it really doesn’t change my life much. Maybe it helps that I don’t live with people in the dumps all around me. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve become much more stable over the years. Life has a way of giving you perspective. I love it when they win, but I don’t get nearly as down when the lose. I remember the foul mood of the city for days after a loss. Now? I realize it really doesn’t change my life much. Maybe it helps that I don’t live with people in the dumps all around me. 

Ditto. The worst I feel anymore is the moment in the ‘lose and we’re out of the playoffs again’ game where it’s over. Sometimes it’s week 16 or 17. Sometimes it’s week 8.. After that, it’s who stays and who goes.

• Like (+1) 2

is it too early to start drinking for tomorrow's game?  i never know when it's appropriate

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do not drink before or during games. I will only drink after the game if they win. Don’t use drugs of any kind. Reason for not drinking during game is a last experience of being pissed off AND hung over after a loss. Terrible combination! 

oh man i drink before, during and after the games.  no drugs though 

Some football thoughts. 

Start on D. Simple game plan. Contain Barkley in the run game. In the pass game give safety help for him and engram. Giants will probably get there’s but not a ton. Putting it at 17 points allowed. 

This is will be the theme of the year. Can the bills offense take advantage of the defenses good work.  Game plan will always be more complicated on this side. Gonna see some similar things from Daboll this week as giants have good enough run defense but bad pass rush. We will run a bit more cause the run defense isn’t as good as the Jets.  In the pass game I think we’re gonna get more vertical. Giants safety are not as good as Adams and maye. Also weaker pass rush allows for deeper routes. This has me thinking a bit more foster than Zay in this game (more Zay makes sense last game). 

Ultimately i I think the offense will take advantage and score like 24 points. 

Flame away on my thoughts. 

26 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Some football thoughts. 

Start on D. Simple game plan. Contain Barkley in the run game. In the pass game give safety help for him and engram. Giants will probably get there’s but not a ton. Putting it at 17 points allowed. 

This is will be the theme of the year. Can the bills offense take advantage of the defenses good work.  Game plan will always be more complicated on this side. Gonna see some similar things from Daboll this week as giants have good enough run defense but bad pass rush. We will run a bit more cause the run defense isn’t as good as the Jets.  In the pass game I think we’re gonna get more vertical. Giants safety are not as good as Adams and maye. Also weaker pass rush allows for deeper routes. This has me thinking a bit more foster than Zay in this game (more Zay makes sense last game). 

Ultimately i I think the offense will take advantage and score like 24 points. 

Flame away on my thoughts. 

No Flames. I see this as our template. My view of 2019 is that our D will consistently perform between good and very good, with occasional excellence. With that foundation, our offense has room to grow and an opportunity to propel us into the playoffs. 

I get so sick of this. The pundits picking against the Bills only see the mistakes Josh Allen made instead of looking at the team as a whole. To this day, it seems that these guys still haven't learned that while the QB position is important, it's not the only aspect of the team. Case in point, Marino may have been a very slightly better passer than Kelly, but Kelly had the much better team, hence why Marino had a losing record against the Bills. Allen may have made mistakes, but this defense was and is good enough to overcome that, how last Sunday didn't prove that I don't know. Too many teams are judged and analyzed too much by the QB, especially the Bills. As long as this team has Allen's back, there's no team we can't beat

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just feel Barkley will be too much for the Bills. I see a high scoring game, like 31-28. I think the Bills lose a close as the Giants will play loose.

Josh Allen throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs but the D let's us down.

If Allen put up those kind of numbers and the Bills lost, Allen will still get the blame for the loss.

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Allen put up those kind of numbers and the Bills lost, Allen will still get the blame for the loss.

The Bills hardly ever put up a good defense and offense game. It always seems to be one or the other, mostly defense. The defense is do for a stinker and the offense is due for a big game.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills hardly ever put up a good defense and offense game. It always seems to be one or the other, mostly defense. The defense is do for a stinker and the offense is due for a big game.

I might agree with that except for the fact that the Giants WR core is pretty banged up. I'm not sure this defense is gonna lay an egg against this team, I think the addition of Oliver will get a ton more QB pressures than we got last year, and Manning has zero mobility

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is the whole question, can they start to put it all together?  If they can the Bills will be a playoff team.

The NYG is the type of team that both the O and D can play good against.

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I might agree with that except for the fact that the Giants WR core is pretty banged up. I'm not sure this defense is gonna lay an egg against this team, I think the addition of Oliver will get a ton more QB pressures than we got last year, and Manning has zero mobility

My fear is that the Giants love to dump it to Barkley. The Bills defense wants you to dump it off. I just think Barkley is going to have 100 yards receiving this game. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This is the whole question, can they start to put it all together?  If they can the Bills will be a playoff team.

The NYG is the type of team that both the O and D can play good against.

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

This is my hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My fear is that the Giants love to dump it to Barkley. The Bills defense wants you to dump it off. I just think Barkley is going to have 100 yards receiving this game. 

That sir would be the only issue on defense for sure, Barkley will end up getting his. The only thing I can possibly see happening is Shurmur giving himself the same lobotomy he apparently gave himself against Dallas and giving Barkley limited touches

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just feel Barkley will be too much for the Bills. I see a high scoring game, like 31-28. I think the Bills lose a close as the Giants will play loose.

Josh Allen throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs but the D let's us down.

I just don't understand where these predictions come from. This defense gave all of 8 points up on the road - in the exact same stadium - one week ago to a team with an elite running back, legitimate vertical threat and a young QB that isn't a total statue in the pocket. This defense - returning 10 of 11 starters with 11th being 9th overall pick in the draft, and improved depth - has not allowed more than 27 points since week 7 of last year and that includes two scoring drives that started on our own 2 and 20 yard lines. WHY would this defense give up 31 points to this Giants team? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Big C said:

I just don't understand where these predictions come from. This defense gave all of 8 points up on the road - in the exact same stadium - one week ago to a team with an elite running back, legitimate vertical threat and a young QB that isn't a total statue in the pocket. This defense - returning 10 of 11 starters with 11th being 9th overall pick in the draft, and improved depth - has not allowed more than 27 points since week 7 of last year and that includes two scoring drives that started on our own 2 and 20 yard lines. WHY would this defense give up 31 points to this Giants team? 

I will admit 31 is quite a stretch, hell if the Giants' defense is as bad as advertised, they won't have enough time of possession to score that many points alone.

Sterling Shepard is officially OUT.  This is really a game we have to find a way to win.

Players out Sunday include CB Jimmy Smith, WR Sterling Shepard, WR Tavon Austin, TE Jordan Reed, RB Derrius Guice, DE Jonathan Allen, DE Yannick Ngakoue, WR Tyreek Hill, TE Hunter Henry, WR Albert Wilson, S Reshad Jones, DT Sheldon Rankins, RB Tevin Coleman and WR David Moore.

3 hours ago, Big C said:

I said they're due for a stinker. I'm a Bills fan that has seen this before.