AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

9 minutes ago, GG said:

He seriously needs to see a psychiatrist. 

Why do we assume he’s mentally ill?

He is by far the best WR in the game at the moment. 

He had had a legitimate beef with Big Ben, and the Steelers made a choice with him, and gave him what he wanted. 

He hurts his feet, the NFL makes him

comply with their uniform rules based more on endorsement money than actual safety, and the Raiders (in their way) embraced the media hurricane that came with it. 

Then they fined him after “standing by him”. 

From his point of view, nothing has changed for him. He’s still “owned” by someone; and those someone’s still don’t appreciate what he does or what he brings. 

Im not saying i agree with him, but i can certainly understand his point of view.

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

He had had a legitimate beef with Big Ben, and the Steelers made a choice with him, and gave him what he wanted. 

comply with their uniform rules based more on endorsement money than actual safety, and the Raiders (in their way) embraced the media hurricane that came with it. 

From his point of view, nothing has changed for him. He’s still “owned” by someone; and those someone’s still don’t appreciate what he does or what he brings. 

Im not saying i agree with him, but i can certainly understand his point of view.

Interesting that you didn't highlight that all these events were caused by his actions.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I remember one article grading everyone’s free agency and we got a D or an F because we couldn’t secure Brown. 

Id love to see if that person feels the same now? 

You won't hear a peep about how the Bills were right to steer clear of this idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

How anyone can see his point of view after everything he's done starting with week 17 last year is beyond me. You're not owned when getting paid $50M over a 3 year span to play a game.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

There was a lot more drama in Pittsburgh than just “beef with Big Ben.” It was a gradually escalating series of events that led to Brown leaving Pittsburgh. Those types of events have continued to escalate in Oakland. Brown was never like this until a couple years ago. His continued escalation of irrational behavior suggests some sort of mental breakdown or social-emotional disorder. Of course, a guy with that type of ego would never consider the possibility until it’s way too late, like when his NFL career is over in his prime later this week.

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

100% gaurentee someone signs him 

The trouble is it won't be for the contract he just had.  At best it would be heavily incentivized which Brown would never accept.  Brown will never see himself as even 1 percent at fault so his ego will not let himself accept smaller than what he just had.  

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Because any sane person would realize being owned isn’t being paid 30 million dollars a year?

16 minutes ago, Steptide said:

100% gaurentee someone signs him 

There will be takers

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

...for little to no guaranteed money. 

THIS. He will get NOWHERE near the money he was getting in Oakland. Plus nobody will give him a guarantee like that again.

Oh and mostly:

:lol::D:P:w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

How anyone can see his point of view after everything he's done starting with week 17 last year is beyond me. You're not owned when getting paid $50M over a 3 year span to play a game.

What has he done? He didn’t show up for practice and walk through? He felt like the team didn’t appreciate him. That his hard work and dominant play, weren’t enough. The “man” that does get to do whatever he wants is a multiple time accused rapist and generally unpleasant guy, is carried around on the shoulders of the team. Can you see the thread here starting to form a pattern? 

He works his tail off in the offseason, gets himself into insane shape, and is clearly the best player on the Raiders, and then after STANDING BY HIM, they fine him. The money isn’t the issue, it’s the principle behind the money. Gruden said “can you just stop this ***** and play football”. Clearly it’s more than money he is after. Clearly he wants to be VALUED not paid. He doesn’t want to just be paid, he wants to be treated like a great player and be given leeway and appreciation for his hard work and effort. If by some miracle he played on Monday Night, he could easily haul in 10 for 200 and 2 scores, and that’s after all this drama. He’s a special player, and feels like he should be treated that way. 

I dont think that’s so crazy really. It just seems that way because his dispute is read by millions of people and broadcast across the world. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I will admit...this terrifies me

Haha!  Was thinking the same thing. Ok so can he be ready to suit up for the pats against the Steelers for Monday night ?  Somehow the NFL management types, pressured to win at all costs, always allow these personality types to keep having chance after chance after chance. I really wouldn’t  be shocked if he ends up a Pat. Who else could even think about taking this on; only the Pats have personalities in place that still dwarf AB and his distorted self value. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

This made me choke on my coffee. Don't you think the Steelers were looking to trade him for more than they finally accepted from the Raiders? Why didn't Pittsburg get more in compensation? No one wants a headache this big. Except maybe Andy Reid. who did sign T.O. But your talking about a player that is throwing his entire team and organization under the bus....2 days BEFORE the beginning of the season. A lot more teams will let him float on the waiver wire than line up to acquire his services.

Why didn’t the Texans get more for clowney? He clearly threatened to not report to most teams reducing his value. 

The team took away 30 mil in guarantees 2 days before the season because he missed practice. They knew what they were getting into and they deserve this.