AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

You won't hear a peep about how the Bills were right to steer clear of this idiot.

Stop.  They tried to trade for him in the first place.  

Beane got completely lucky that he hated the thought for playing for the Bills.  Stop trying to change the narrative. It’s disingenuous.  

hA7A191E8

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

What has he done? He didn’t show up for practice and walk through? He felt like the team didn’t appreciate him. That his hard work and dominant play, weren’t enough. The “man” that does get to do whatever he wants is a multiple time accused rapist and generally unpleasant guy, is carried around on the shoulders of the team. Can you see the thread here starting to form a pattern? 

He works his tail off in the offseason, gets himself into insane shape, and is clearly the best player on the Raiders, and then after STANDING BY HIM, they fine him. The money isn’t the issue, it’s the principle behind the money. Gruden said “can you just stop this ***** and play football”. Clearly it’s more than money he is after. Clearly he wants to be VALUED not paid. He doesn’t want to just be paid, he wants to be treated like a great player and be given leeway and appreciation for his hard work and effort. If by some miracle he played on Monday Night, he could easily haul in 10 for 200 and 2 scores, and that’s after all this drama. He’s a special player, and feels like he should be treated that way. 

I dont think that’s so crazy really. It just seems that way because his dispute is read by millions of people and broadcast across the world. 

Entitlement at its finest. Would he like a participation trophy and a treat every time he shows up?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Too bad The Apprentice isn't on anymore...he'd be perfect for that show.

Maybe if this football thing doesn't pan out he could get a job in the WH...

What happened to the guy from the apprentice? I think he was AB level crazy too.  They would be amazing TV together. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Dean said:

There will be takers

THIS. He will get NOWHERE near the money he was getting in Oakland. Plus nobody will give him a guarantee like that again.

Oh and mostly:

:lol::D:P:w00t:

I posed this question in the shoutbox yesterday afternoon:  Would you be okay with the Bills signing AB to a one-year "prove it," deal - similar to what we did with TO?

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

The amount of money isn’t the issue. You can feel owner making $10/hour. Money doesn’t buy freedom if you’re employer treats you like an employee. 

That’s called life. Not everyone is a business owner. If the NFL is the business AB wants to choose then there are 32 owners, in the entire world. AB isn’t one of them. When he is he can be an owner and not an employee. Each NFL organization has hundreds to thousands of employees. Alternatively AB can go start a business outside of football and he will be “the man”. 

Edited by Bills2ref

24 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Why do we assume he’s mentally ill?

Don't forget about the whole throwing furniture off a balcony and almost hitting a toddler last year.  Dude definitely needs to change some of his behavior, whaterver the cause / reasons might be.

https://www.12up.com/posts/antonio-brown-apologizes-and-announces-settlement-over-bizarre-furniture-tossing-episode-01dfbebyxtpc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Why do we assume he’s mentally ill?

He is by far the best WR in the game at the moment. 

He had had a legitimate beef with Big Ben, and the Steelers made a choice with him, and gave him what he wanted. 

He hurts his feet, the NFL makes him

comply with their uniform rules based more on endorsement money than actual safety, and the Raiders (in their way) embraced the media hurricane that came with it. 

Then they fined him after “standing by him”. 

From his point of view, nothing has changed for him. He’s still “owned” by someone; and those someone’s still don’t appreciate what he does or what he brings. 

Im not saying i agree with him, but i can certainly understand his point of view.

Wow, I'm not sure I could have come up with that charitable a defense?!?!  Points for creativity!

• Like (+1) 3

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, what a F nnn tool, ????, this putz is a one child comedy show, bwaahaha, suspend this child, do it now ?

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

What has he done? He didn’t show up for practice and walk through? He felt like the team didn’t appreciate him. That his hard work and dominant play, weren’t enough. The “man” that does get to do whatever he wants is a multiple time accused rapist and generally unpleasant guy, is carried around on the shoulders of the team. Can you see the thread here starting to form a pattern? 

He works his tail off in the offseason, gets himself into insane shape, and is clearly the best player on the Raiders, and then after STANDING BY HIM, they fine him. The money isn’t the issue, it’s the principle behind the money. Gruden said “can you just stop this ***** and play football”. Clearly it’s more than money he is after. Clearly he wants to be VALUED not paid. He doesn’t want to just be paid, he wants to be treated like a great player and be given leeway and appreciation for his hard work and effort. If by some miracle he played on Monday Night, he could easily haul in 10 for 200 and 2 scores, and that’s after all this drama. He’s a special player, and feels like he should be treated that way. 

I dont think that’s so crazy really. It just seems that way because his dispute is read by millions of people and broadcast across the world. 

He QUIT on his team in week 17 last year in a must win game, because he was more important than the team. Not showing up for practices is him being more important than the team. There's a pattern here, but it's not with the thought process of millions.

He's shown how much they appreciate him by the amount of money the Raiders were willing to pay him. He could play Monday and catch 2 balls for 12 yards & a fumble just as easily as getting 10 rec. for 200  yards.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Soooooooo maybe AB should have read his contract?! Or is that something elite/special players aren’t required to/don’t do because they can just show up and get 10 catches for 200 yards?

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Entitlement at its finest. Would he like a participation trophy and a treat every time he shows up?

Sometimes people feel entitled, and it’s right.

Why should Big Ben get to take days off or meetings off, or half speed practice, and he has to continue to work harder than everyone else with no wiggle room?

I guess I see a guy who has proven his dominance and wants a little slack. And the powers that be won’t give it to him. He doesn’t need the NFL anymore, and the NFL certainly doesn’t need him. Which is a shame because he’s an incredible player. 

Watch him sit out this year and go to the XFL with Kaepernick and light it up. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Soooooooo maybe AB should have read his contract?! Or is that something elite/special players aren’t required/don’t to do because they can just show up and get 10 catches for 200 yards?

Best part is, if he had shown up and caught balls he would keep making that insane money. He also wouldn’t have had his GTD voided by the Raiders if he hadn’t got in his little fight and just showed up for practices. 

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Why didn’t the Texans get more for clowney? He clearly threatened to not report to most teams reducing his value. 

The team took away 30 mil in guarantees 2 days before the season because he missed practice. They knew what they were getting into and they deserve this. 

Neither of your points support your original position about other teams wanting to sign him. Comparing Clowney's situation to AB's is laughable. How the Raiders responded to AB's behavior is irrelevant to the point that AB will be wanted by other teams around the league. AB is all about AB and not about the team or the league. He has this delusional mindset  that he is bigger than the game. It didn't fly with the Steelers and the behavior isn't going to fly with the Raiders and I doubt any other team in the league will want the distraction known as Antonio Brown.

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Well, there was shouting matches with pittsburgh coaches, thrown objects at the games, he was livestreaming on Facebook during a team meeting right after the coach said no social media. I assume there were many more undocumented issues that caused his team to vote smith the mvp instead of him. Just like his behavior this summer caused the fines from the Raiders .

Some people have issues with authority. Add on to that the elite talent he has become and good luck dealing with that. 

I would love to know what Drew Rosenhouse is thinking this morning after doing all the fire fighting this week. What's the normal agent cut? At 5% that 1.5 million out the window.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Why should Big Ben get to take days off or meetings off, or half speed practice, and he has to continue to work harder than everyone else with no wiggle room?

I guess I see a guy who has proven his dominance and wants a little slack. And the powers that be won’t give it to him. He doesn’t need the NFL anymore, and the NFL certainly doesn’t need him. Which is a shame because he’s an incredible player. 

AB could have shown up and taken half speed practices and still gotten paid. He also could have had excused absences at will. If he goes to the XFL ?. That’s some must watch TV. Guy could/should get 300 yards a night in that league. 

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

The Raiders put up with a ton of **** and still gave him more opportunities.

You don’t think if he asked the Raiders for a rest day or personal day, it wouldn’t have been granted?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Well, there was shouting matches with coaches, thrown objects at the games, he was livestreaming on Facebook during a team meeting right after the coach said no social media. I assume there were many more undocumented issues that caused his team to vote smith the map instead of him. Just like his behavior this summer caused the fines.

Some people have issues with authority. Add on to that the elite talent he has become and good luck dealing with that. 

I would love to know what Drew Rosenhouse is thinking this morning after doing all the fire fighting this week. What's the normal agent cut? At 5% that 1.5 million out the window.

I’ve been saying this for a week now. Rose Hays has to be beyond PISSED. He negotiated out of Pitt and into a huge contract in Oakland. All AB had to do is play football and Rosenhaus would have gotten paid. Instead he creates his foot issue, creates the helmet issue, the Mayock fight, asking to be released. If I’m Rosenhaus I am dumping him. You aren’t getting much more money from him. 

• Like (+1) 2