New turf in Madden?

7 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

lol not sure, but they made Josh Allen so bad.  He throws like 10-15 yds off target.  I played several games and said F this.  No QB is 10-15 yds off target unless there is miscommunication.  Not by chance.  

You played several games with the Bills and you aren’t sure how big the logo is on the field?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just got the game, looking at things now...man, they really screw the Bills.

How is Denzel Ward and Marcus Lattimore "superstars," but Tre'Davious White isn't?

How is Leighton Vander Esche a "superstar" and Tremaine Edmunds isn't?

How are guys like McCoy, Hughes, Poyer, Morse, Hauschka, Milano, and Ford rated so low?

It's crazy...and it's impossible to play online with the Bills, you'll just get smoked every time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

lol not sure, but they made Josh Allen so bad.  He throws like 10-15 yds off target.  I played several games and said F this.  No QB is 10-15 yds off target unless there is miscommunication.  Not by chance.  

It’s all QB’s under 80.  They make you get elites.  It’s crap

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

How is Denzel Ward and Marcus Lattimore "superstars," but Tre'Davious White isn't?

How are guys like McCoy, Hughes, Poyer, Morse, Hauschka, Milano, and Ford rated so low?

It's crazy...and it's impossible to play online with the Bills, you'll just get smoked every time.

I only watched four or five Cowboys games last season, but I would opine that Van der Esch was clearly better overall than Tremaine.

• Like (+1) 3

Don't worry they will adjust our guys up midseason after we stomp on some teams. 

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I only watched four or five Cowboys games last season, but I would opine that Van der Esch was clearly better overall than Tremaine.

Absolutely. He was spectacular. Tremaine's still got the high ceiling so let's hope he takes that next step this year. 

Edited by Big C

Madden 20 is broken.

I've been playing this game for 20 years, and this is the most frustrated/dejected I've ever felt after my first day playing it. I played two online games and then frustratedly turned the game off. I refuse to play it again until there are some serious patches/updates, because there's too much wrong with it right now for it to be at all enjoyable.

The physics are whack, the tackling is piss poor causing plays where running backs break like 10 tackles on the way to the end zone, the zone coverage is awful, and basic things like challening plays are still broken.

Most egregious? At the end of my second game, I was down 1 point with the ball in field goal range. There were 10 seconds left in the game, and my opponent called a timeout. The screen said "timeout" and went to the play call screen, but the clock didn't stop, and the game ended without me even having a chance to kick the ball. That's right, a timeout at the end of the game didn't actually stop the clock. 

Basic stuff.

The game is broken.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JustWinPlease said:

I'm undefeated with the Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Madden is nothing more than a money grab. Same game every year and people keep buying it. 

Actually it's not the same game every year. They actually take features away every year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

9 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

we were 6-10 last year with a terrible offense....what did you expect?

Haven't played madden in a long while. Once upon a time I was ranked as high as #17 after knocking off #2 in the world. Was getting ready to out with some buddies, they were picking me up. I decided to try and get a quick game in, got paired up with a guy ranked #2. My buddies got there early and were honking there horn. I was like Holy crap get in here, I have to play this game! They all popped beers and sat on the couch and cheered like it was a real game. It was Buffalo vs Tennessee in a defensive battle. I could barely move the ball. Scored on a 90 yard bomb just before halftime, then later on a fumble return. Hit a 55 harder as time expired for a 17-16 win. Man those were the days. 

Edited by NC Book
  • Like (+1) 1

I have literally bought Madden every year since 2001.  This may very well be the first time I don't. 

Online play has been terrible for years.  Their focus on trying to get players to buy MUT packs to make extra money has ruined the rest of the game.  MUT mode sucks.  I'm sorry.  It does.  People run the same 3 plays over and over and over again.  All game.  How is that possibly fun?

And franchise mode?  I can't even list all the features of franchise mode that have been taken out over the years only to come back again (or not) as some sort of "new" feature. 

Basically, it's paying $60 every year for a roster update at this point.  Sad really.  Very sad.

1 hour ago, NC Book said:

Haven't played madden in a long while. Once upon a time I was ranked as high as #17 after knocking off #2 in the world. Was getting ready to out with some buddies, they were picking me up. I decided to try and get a quick game in, got paired up with a guy ranked #2. My buddies got there early and were honking there horn. I was like Holy crap get in here, I have to play this game! They all popped beers and sat on the couch and cheered like it was a real game. It was Buffalo vs Tennessee in a defensive battle. I could barely move the ball. Scored on a 90 yard bomb just before halftime, then later on a fumble return. Hit a 55 harder as time expired for a 17-16 win. Men those were the days. 

I had a similar story in that I was beating the #6 ranked.  I was in the top 1000, but nowhere near top 100. Anyways, I was buffalo and he was Detroit (back when they were bad, 2002 or so). I was up big at halftime. Coming out of halftime, he had to kickoff.  He wouldn’t kick off, and there was no playclock on kickoffs.  So the game just sat there.

It was late and I was tired, and also furious.  So I turned all the contrast/color down on the tv to black out the screen, turned the volume up all the way, and went to sleep.  Hours later, he kicked the ball off and it woke me up.  I grab the controller and start playing.  Probably surprised the crap out of him.  Then, all of a sudden, he quit the game, and I never got credit for it.  He quit in some way that made it not count.  I was livid and haven’t played online since, minus maybe a game here or there.  

I havent purchased a madden game since madden 12.  I have kids now and no time to play.  I wouldn’t. change a thing now, but occasionally I think it would be nice to relive just one of those care free days

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I had a similar story in that I was beating the #6 ranked.  I was in the top 1000, but nowhere near top 100. Anyways, I was buffalo and he was Detroit (back when they were bad, 2002 or so). I was up big at halftime. Coming out of halftime, he had to kickoff.  He wouldn’t kick off, and there was no playclock on kickoffs.  So the game just sat there.

It was late and I was tired, and also furious.  So I turned all the contrast/color down on the tv to black out the screen, turned the volume up all the way, and went to sleep.  Hours later, he kicked the ball off and it woke me up.  I grab the controller and start playing.  Probably surprised the crap out of him.  Then, all of a sudden, he quit the game, and I never got credit for it.  He quit in some way that made it not count.  I was livid and haven’t played online since, minus maybe a game here or there.  

I havent purchased a madden game since madden 12.  I have kids now and no time to play.  I wouldn’t. change a thing now, but occasionally I think it would be nice to relive just one of those care free days

Wow, that's hilarious he tried to pull that and it's awesome you countered him. But that's lame he was able to quit without a loss. 2002 - 2006 was the sweet spot for Madden. After that the game started getting too complex and maybe started out thinking itself imo. 

20 minutes ago, NC Book said:

Wow, that's hilarious he tried to pull that and it's awesome you countered him. But that's lame he was able to quit without a loss. 2002 - 2006 was the sweet spot for Madden. After that the game started getting too complex and maybe started out thinking itself imo. 

I agree.  I was younger, no real responsibility, so I’d be that guy who waited outside GameStop when they would open at midnight for Madden.  You’re right about the complexity.  Now, it seems like there’s 1,000 different ways to tackle, juke, etc.  It was much easier back then.  And that 2002-2006 time was the peak (as far as I remember) of Madden Authority, which was some sort of website or something that taught you all the “cheat” plays.  There was a dime formation, zone blitz, that once you moved a DL over a bit, someone else would instantly get in the backfield for the sack.  I mastered that and killed everyone who played at my house.  It didn’t work as well for me online because I feel like everyone did that.

1 hour ago, NC Book said:

I had a similar story to you. I was ranked in top 30 for a while with a few times in the teens when online first came out. Played someone in the top 5 and had a defensive battle with them. There’s always been a rule in my house that you can’t kick field goals so I never attempted them when playing online. I lost 3-2 when I could have kicked a bunch of field goals and easily won. 

02-06 was definitely the best madden era especially for PS2. Madden 04 was great because everyone thought Vick was this unstoppable player but he was so easy to beat. Run a qb contain and commit to the run at snap then quickly commit to pass and 9/10 the ball was yours on a fumble or pick.

I can count on one hand my losses on PS2, win % had to be in the high 90s. Once I switched to Xbox Im probably closer to 60% win percentage, I can’t figure out the game like I used to

3 hours ago, NC Book said:

Haven't played madden in a long while. Once upon a time I was ranked as high as #17 after knocking off #2 in the world. Was getting ready to out with some buddies, they were picking me up. I decided to try and get a quick game in, got paired up with a guy ranked #2. My buddies got there early and were honking there horn. I was like Holy crap get in here, I have to play this game! They all popped beers and sat on the couch and cheered like it was a real game. It was Buffalo vs Tennessee in a defensive battle. I could barely move the ball. Scored on a 90 yard bomb just before halftime, then later on a fumble return. Hit a 55 harder as time expired for a 17-16 win. Man those were the days. 

One time I played my Buddy online and we went to double overtime, it was pretty cool.

Won with a TD pass to Chandler ?

13 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

It's funny, the rating guys are def very biased. Jets are always rated higher than they should, Seahawks too. 

Video games have been $60 for 15 years, give or take a few. When I was a kid they went from 30 to 60 in a 5 year span. I've argued they would be better and more complete, without a need for micro transactions, if they were 99 right now. I'd rather play a complete game for $100, than spending that much or more after base price+expansions, season passes, etc. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Big C said:

Don't worry they will adjust our guys up midseason after we stomp on some teams. 

Absolutely. He was spectacular. Tremaine's still got the high ceiling so let's hope he takes that next step this year. 

Big C, I know they say that and I know we back them up on it, but I honestly can see it where the Bills are 6-2 in real life, maybe 2nd or 3rd in the conference and their preseason rating of 77 surging all the way up...to 80.

That’s  the problem.  It makes it a difficult purchase for the casual player, and I know we can adjust the ratings, even a bit in franchise, but still.

2 things I’ve wanted for years and know we won’t get:

1.  A simple, straight forward franchise where you can play the 2019 season, over and over again without jumping through hoops, and

2.  Full user controlled and adjustable view of the field, with ball tracking on passes, like 2k did so well all those years ago.

That’s not a “madden vs 2k” thing, rather a just plain “steal the good idea already” thing.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

People still play madden?  It’s for fanboys of the bigger franchises who shell out bucks for virtual currency and cards. 

Stopped being based used on reality years ago.  Money printing machine for the lame duck marketing machine franchises. 

Bills haven’t been relevant since NFL blitz 

17 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

People still play madden?  It’s for fanboys of the bigger franchises who shell out bucks for virtual currency and cards. 

Stopped being based used on reality years ago.  Money printing machine for the lame duck marketing machine franchises. 

I miss those days.  2k...blitz...989...and Madden...seriously, even after all these years the exclusive deal stinks and although people blame EA it was actually the nfl that wanted.

it hasn’t helped their league at all.  Congrats on saving time on scanning players images.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Well those certainly are words.

But anyway, if you want to play video game football with current NFL rosters, it's literally the only option. That's why people still play. Not that hard to figure out.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I miss those days.  2k...blitz...989...and Madden...seriously, even after all these years the exclusive deal stinks and although people, blame EA it was actually the nfl that wanted.

it hasn’t helped there league at all.  Congrats on saving time on scanning players images.

Amen brother. Last good game was head coach 09. More than 10 years ago.  They just want to make money.  Fine, take other folks.

And I don’t blame em.  People keep buying it so it’s simple economics. 

Just now, Logic said:

Well those certainly are words.

But anyway, if you want to play video game football with current NFL rosters, it's literally the only option. That's why people still play. Not that hard to figure out.

I don’t mean offense to those who buy it it’s just clear EA is not making it for fans who want to focus on roster management and progression which is the hole reason we had good football games.  It’s 60$ plus every year for updated rosters and new bells and whistles to get you buying extra to compete with others who have already bought to get ahead.  The industry is flush with sharks bleeding people dry.  

Again, people have the right to spend it on whatever they want, I’m just saying it used to be sooo much better.  They got lazy and people allow it mostly because they don’t know how it used to be.

• Like (+1) 2

Been playing Madden for over 20 years

I know a certain sect hates it but I don't get it

It's a video game. Nothing will be perfect... But for a game it's pretty good

There are millions and millions of things going on and they make it pretty good

I could never go back to Madden 05 and pop it in

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Been playing Madden for over 20 years

I know a certain sect hates it but I don't get it

It's a video game. Nothing will be perfect... But for a game it's pretty good

There are millions and millions of things going on and they make it pretty good

I could never go back to Madden 05 and pop it in

Millions really? Madden has been absolutly terrible for the past few years. NFL 2k5 is a million times better than this new one and that came out 13 years ago. That's a big problem.

So Madden 20 isn't outright terrible, unfortunetly EA watches ESPN and gave Buffalo the worst offense and 8th worse Defense. Allen is down right aweful, every few passes are 10ish yards off target with many, many drops. Edmunds (who had 16 PBUs) can't cover a thing, so short passes are wide open over the middle. 

Few 5 point slider adjustments (if you play offline) will give the game a more authentic feel, luckily. 

If they are going to do all the work to scout players, why not allow a coach mode where you call the plays, make substitutions and manage the clock? They need a much better simulation mode so theplayers stop doing stupid things like run to the sideline and throw all the way back across the field or catch the ball and fall out of bounds when there are no defenders within 15 yards. The penalty system is fubar'd too. The pass blocking is wacked also. Guys need to be able to disengage right away when they are already past the guy that was trying to block them. All they seem to care about is bells and whistles. I don't care about all the EZ dances. I want an accurate simulation of the game of football.

As far as the rating are concerned, I've found the Madden raters to be more accurate than the fans by a wide margin. Face it. Allen and Edmunds still have a long way to go.

1 last note:  You'll need to make adjustments of as many as 15 points on the CPU sliders to get any simulation that's worthwhile.

Edited by GreggTX

18 hours ago, nucci said:

we were 6-10 last year with a terrible offense....what did you expect?

I’d expect Tredavious, Jerry, Hyde, Poyer, Wallace, Milano and every OL we added to be rated higher than they were.  Cole Beasley, who comes from the Cowboys, is a couple points lower than a top 5 corner who will likely eventually be the highest paid corner in football 

FWIW. The field looks exactly the same as it did last year. I’ve been to almost every home game in the last 12 years and I didn’t notice a difference. If the Bills logo is larger, it’s nothing noticeable really. 

• Sad 1