Bills to Pursue RT Williams

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the the Bills and Giants will be "in pursuit" of free agent RT Daryl Williams.

Buffalo, of course, employs GM Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDermott, who are very familiar with Williams from their days together in Carolina. Williams had a breakout 2017 season but had big-time knee issues in 2018 with a torn MCL and dislocated kneecap. But Williams is just 26 and was one of the best right tackles in the sport when healthy. The Bills and Giants both have obvious needs across the offensive line.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

We have the advantage of lots of cap space that they don't have. But this does sound like the usual conjecture from LaConfora. That said, fingers crossed it happens. I want Morse, Williams, Jesse James. 

Signing those 3 would be a huge impact on our roster heading into next year and allow us to focus more on weapons for Josh and BPA in the 1st. I'd be thrilled if we come out of FA that way. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

We have the advantage of lots of cap space that they don't have. But this does sound like the usual conjecture from LaConfora. That said, fingers crossed it happens. I want Morse, Williams, Jesse James. 

I want the outlaw! Actually I'd prefer thr hot Jesse James

Edited by matter2003

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

LaConfora has made a career stating obvious things that are impossible to confirm and wouldn't ever really be wrong. Of course two teams with desperate OL needs and connections to the Panthers will be interested in him. Jason is a tool. 

Agree and teams use him I'm April for their draft smokescreens and supply him with plenty of fake news

Just now, Doc said:

Hopefully Jordan Phillips can recruit him.  Not sure if there’s a connection there but he might as well give it a try. 

Think I read yesterday (on these forums) that they were college teammates

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Haven't seen the Barr rumors- any links? 

Probably just a link back to this message board 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hopefully Jordan Phillips can recruit him.  Not sure if there’s a connection there but he might as well give it a try. 

Recruiting? lol

Phillips:  Hey Darryl come to Buffalo

Williams:  I’m getting offered millions more elsewhere 

Phillips:  Awesome!  Go get that cash homie

• Haha (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So why do you want Morse over the guy from Denver, Praddis or something like that? 

45 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm agree Morse be a good add yet prefer Ju'Wuan James and CJ Uzomah to shore up the other two spots. 

- Sign - Daryl williams, RT

- Sign - Matt Paradis, C or Morse, C

- Draft 2nd Round - Dalton Risner T/G,  or Chris Lindstrom, G

- Draft 1st Round - T.J. Hockenson, TE

LT - Dion Dawkins

LG - Long/Teller

C - Paradis/Morse 

RG - Risner/Lindstrom

RT - Daryl Williams 

TE - T.J. Hockenson 

Pretty solid Oline if this happens. And very realistic. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So why do you want Morse over the guy from Denver, Praddis or something like that? 

Morse is younger, bigger, faster, stronger, and a former college left tackle,. He has the all around better pedigree. I'd settle for Paradis, but I think Morse is the better player. In all fairness, I have watched Morse than Paradis, but I think Paradis is a zone only center.  

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

This is the #1 guy I want. Young, mean blocker, was second team all-pro before injury and plays at one of our biggest needs.

Protect Josh ... sign this guy!

Not to mention the fact that if you put Long or Teller next to him at Guard.....you probably make that player better to.

Mills was NOT that guy to make the player next to him better.

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

- Sign - Daryl williams, RT

- Sign - Matt Paradis, C or Morse, C

- Draft 2nd Round - Dalton Risner T/G,  or Chris Lindstrom, G

- Draft 1st Round - T.J. Hockenson, TE

LT - Dion Dawkins

LG - Wyatt Teller

C - Paradis/Morse 

RG - Risner/Lindstrom

RT - Daryl Williams 

TE - T.J. Hockenson 

Pretty solid Oline if this happens. And very realistic. 

I don't think after the combine that Risner will be available in Round 2, Lindstrom should be and I do't mind him at RG yet not comfortable with Darryl Williams because MCL is a serious injury to come back from. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Morse is younger, bigger, faster, stronger, and a former college left tackle,. He has the all around better pedigree. I'd settle for Paradis, but I think Morse is the better player. In all fairness, I have watched Morse than Paradis, but I think Paradis is a zone only center.  

Oh come on now Eps.....

We will be lucky to get EITHER of those guys

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1