Jordan Phillips is trying to recruit players.

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

His exact words when asked why he likes Buffalo was: "There is nothing to do here so you have to focus on football".  That is quite an endorsement. 

He was pretty blunt.

I'm in my 50s and live a pretty boring, conservative, family-centered life, so when I hear players say there's nothing to do in Buffalo, I don't quite understand.  What exactly are rich millennials looking for?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Telling you folks: JaWuan James is the name to watch.

Not only were he and Phillips together with Miami for years, he shares an agent with Kyle Williams, Isaiah McKenzie, and Robert Foster.

I like James too. I just want us to do whatever we have to do so we don't use our top ten pick on a right tackle. Whether that's Williams, James, Trent Brown whomever. A key move like that kind of unlocks the rest of the offseason. If we can corral a RT, a C, and a TE, everything changes. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

Not only were he and Phillips together with Miami for years, he shares an agent with Kyle Williams, Isaiah McKenzie, and Robert Foster.

He is the best RT on the FA market. I'd be more than okay with that.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Quinn and Daryl Williams would be good by me. Can't really say I'm overly interested in anyone else. Suh was basically nonexistent last year and that was playing beside Aaron Donald. Parker is a walking injury report. Stills is just another straight line speed WR, but I would take him at the right price. Ju'Waun James would be a nice get as well if we can't get Williams. The question in all of this is what are we planning to do with Dawkins? Is he staying at LT or are we kicking him inside? That will dictate the OL moves. 

Suh showed up suddenly in the playoffs. He plays when he wants to. That is my concern with him and I wouldn't want to commit big $$ which he will command.

You know he's been my pick at RT for a while! Here's hoping ?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You know he's been my pick at RT for a while! Here's hoping ?

Let's just say that I don't think all of the feel-good week 17 stuff for Kyle, which happened to be against Miami, went unnoticed by his (and James') agent

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Always good to have ambassadors for the team. Makes me a bigger fan of Jordan Phillips.

Some people didn't like Stevie Johnson and his recruiting efforts didn't pan out, but I appreciated his efforts to promote Buffalo and the Bills.

If you follow him on Twitter, SJ13 is still putting a lot of effort into promoting Buffalo and the Bills. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like James too. I just want us to do whatever we have to do so we don't use our top ten pick on a right tackle. Whether that's Williams, James, Trent Brown whomever. A key move like that kind of unlocks the rest of the offseason. If we can corral a RT, a C, and a TE, everything changes. 

Agreed. Its a key move imo as well.

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

His exact words when asked why he likes Buffalo was: "There is nothing to do here so you have to focus on football".  That is quite an endorsement. 

I’m sure Applebees and Dave & Busters are smarting after THAT! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

He was pretty blunt.

I'm in my 50s and live a pretty boring, conservative, family-centered life, so when I hear players say there's nothing to do in Buffalo, I don't quite understand.  What exactly are rich millennials looking for?

Sunshine, nightlife, a thriving economy, females, steak joints, clubs...ya know, fluff to fill the void. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Phillips does not want to play behind Suh again. That's the last person he'd be trying to recruit. If you listen to the interview he is excited for the opportunity to play more and happy he isn't in the shadow of Suh or Kyle Williams any more.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Phillips does not want to play behind Suh again. That's the last person he'd be trying to recruit. If you listen to the interview he is excited for the opportunity to play more and happy he isn't in the shadow of Suh or Kyle Williams any more.

Agreed. He wants that job. Good to have hungry players.

• Like (+1) 1

Also interesting from the interview, I thought, was when Tasker was asking him what a 3 technique does and why it's important. Phillips really struggled to give an answer to that. Tasker basically had to tell him what a 3 technique does and why it's important and how it different from other DT or NT spots. Made me sceptical of whether or not Phillips is smart enough or studious enough to be a good starter in the future. He seemed lost.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Also interesting from the interview, I thought, was when Tasker was asking him what a 3 technique does and why it's important. Phillips really struggled to give an answer to that. Tasker basically had to tell him what a 3 technique does and why it's important and how it different from other DT or NT spots. Made me sceptical of whether or not Phillips is smart enough or studious enough to be a good starter in the future. He seemed lost.

I noticed that too. What I drew from that was his role is still undefined. I don’t think that he’s gonna be the 3 technique DT, I believe that that position is still fluid (enter Ed Oliver?).

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Suh doesn’t seem like much of a “process” guy

dirty player sure. He balled out in the SB compared to Aaron Donald IIRC. 

Don't really want him terribly but he's not necessarily a team killer, or a bad influence, or anything. By all appearances a hard worker even with money. AFAIK his only bad reputation stems from playing dirty.

So I don't really know what a "process" guy is supposed to be lol. I don't love Suh but if a few malicious fines DQs you from being a process guy we're filtering down our talent pool on the defensive side to a really small group.. if Suh doesn't fit the bill.

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I love a guy who’s all in! 

Suh? Not so much.

Go see how fast SUH exited the field after the SB game.  This guy not a team player and right up there with JH55 and Stupid penalties.

1 minute ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

Go see how fast SUH exited the field after the SB game.  This guy not a team player and right up there with JH55 and Stupid penalties.

To be fair Jerry has seemed to calm down on dumb penalties 

18 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Suh would be VERY expensive and a waste of FA money. He won't come to Buffalo.

Sure he will. He used to come to Buffalo once a year when playing for Phish.  He will probably be in an opposing jersey visiting Buffalo this year (approximately 1/4 chance - 8 visiting teams not counting playoffs out of 31 possible visiting teams).

I agree about Suh and not think Bills want a player who would stomp on other players but not T*m Br*dy.

8 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

He was pretty blunt.

Yes, at 48 Im happy with a quiet evening. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

That is astonishing.

I know a lot of young guys have no idea who Jim Kelly is, but with a little Googling they figure out. JK is great ambassador for our team and so to is Thurman. Guys who played virtually their entire career in Buffalo, won a lot of games, went into the HoF & still live in the area. Developing a winning culture starts with the owners on down. The GM & coach are pivotal to our success. How they treat players is also important. I believe we are on the right track as everyone in the org seems to be in sync. 

8 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

If you follow him on Twitter, SJ13 is still putting a lot of effort into promoting Buffalo and the Bills. 

I do actually. He was a bit flamboyant so it turned some people off, but nobody can question his loyalty to the city and the team that drafted him. A California kid repping Buffalo. He seems like a terrific human being. He was the first name I thought of when I heard of Phillips efforts.

Will it pan out? Nobody knows. But I think it's especially important for a small market team to have guys spreading positivity.

11 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

imo the SECOND MOST IMPORTANT offseason move to be made is without any doubt right tackle.  if we don't upgrade there, any other offensive acquisition is negated.

fixed it for ya.

MOST IMPORTANT move is to find a Center!

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

30 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

fixed it for ya.

MOST IMPORTANT move is to find a Center!

while center is important, at least bodine can block someone unlike someone that let's the right side rush through on every down.  besides a new center seems like a forgone conclusion already.

21 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm guessing and hoping he is recruiting Daryl Williams. They were teammates at Oklahoma. 

The more Okies, the better!

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking of Oklahoma guys too 

We are a hearty, handsome, hard working, honerable breed. (Think Uncle Jed and Jethro)

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

while center is important, at least bodine can block someone unlike someone that let's the right side rush through on every down.  besides a new center seems like a forgone conclusion already.

Well we need both. Draft has some good tackles while being short on centers. But without a doubt you are correct that we are sorely in need of an upgrade at RT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

very happy OBD brought him back. He plays with a bit of passion. Not the best player, but a spark plug.

22 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If you really want to get crazy, Kenny Stills, who I really like, could be cut or traded. He played with Phillips at Oklahoma and in Miami. Stills would be a great fit for the Josh Allen skill set. 

But yeah im assuming Daryl Williams is the guy. Geneo Grissom, former Patriot, is also a guy who could be a depth end who is a former Sooner teammate. But I just love Phillips' passion and zeal. 

I'd perfectly happy with Stills and Williams. Both guys improve the team, and Buffalo has money to burn.

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Well we need both. Draft has some good tackles while being short on centers. But without a doubt you are correct that we are sorely in need of an upgrade at RT.

D Williams?

• Awesome! (+1) 1