Atta Boy Josh - What a stud

Bakin

YES, 

he missed a few passes, including the TD to Zay and the pass to Clay (it was short, for sure, but Clay was bumbling)..

this kid is special..

those runs??  Some of those passes?  
My goodness...

Improve the supporting cast...Allen will get even better (if he doesn't end up in a full body cast)....

Really disappointing loss...but it appears this kid might be for real...

Keep on keepin on...

• Like (+1) 25
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Really strange game to evaluate. I thought Josh was off in the passing game most of the day, but he made a couple of fantastic throws - the second TD in particular - and he made a lot of plays with his legs. 

I still need to see more consistency throwing from the pocket. That is how you ultimately win consistently in this league. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PearlHowardman said:

Josh Allen has been playing competitive football for many years now.  HS, Jr. College, Wyoming, now with the Buffalo Bills.

His pass accuracy has never improved.

Sorry!

:thumbdown:

His lack of accuracy is so overblown. There were like 2-3 bad passes... He threaded the needle on a ton of others as well. Both TD passes to Jones were fantastic difficult big time throws. 

• Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

His lack of accuracy is so overblown. There were like 2-3 bad passes... He threaded the needle on a ton of others as well. Both TD passes to Jones were fantastic difficult big time throws. 

As was the back shoulder jones couldn’t reel in.  This season is a success.  We finally have a franchise QB.  Get a couple of receivers in the offseason and we are in business. 

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Really strange game to evaluate. I thought Josh was off in the passing game most of the day, but he made a couple of fantastic throws - the second TD in particular - and he made a lot of plays with his legs. 

I still need to see more consistency throwing from the pocket. That is how you ultimately win consistently in this league. 

You know that I really respect your opinion Gunner

I agree that he was off on some throws this game.....I also thought he put the ball right on receivers at times and his over 220 yards passing with no deep balls to foster supports that......

Its just......we have too many guys who drop plays they have to make on this team.....Josh Allen should have FOUR TD PASSES in his game.....Four of them

7 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Josh Allen has been playing competitive football for many years now.  HS, Jr. College, Wyoming, now with the Buffalo Bills.

Sorry!

As if Jim Kelly was the most accurate QB in NFL history (sarcasm!)  Touchdown to Zay was a big boy throw I'll take it anytime!

Can someone please go through the tape from this game and give a hard count for [time in the pocket] and a separate listing for passes that were catchable but ended as incompletions? These last two weeks I have been really impressed with what i've seen and would consider it all progress from the start of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Sorry!

You've been posting here for a while and have never improved either. I guess some peoples ceilings are only so high.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PearlHowardman said:

JA has had the same pass accuracy problem his whole football life.

<_<

Things are correctable- lets hope it gets fixed. He had a great gale today.

Just now, Rk_Bills86 said:

Can someone please go through the tape from this game and give a hard count for [time in the pocket] and a separate listing for passes that were catchable but ended as incompletions? These last two weeks I have been really impressed with what i've seen and would consider it all progress from the start of the year. 

I can tomorrow night

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PearlHowardman said:

You didn't challenge my post, John.  JA has a pass accuracy problem.  Not good.  

:ph34r:

Josh Allen had over 200 yards passing today with 2 should be TD passes dropped while still throwing for two TDs

Hi pass accuracy is directly linked to who he is throwing to.....just like it was in college

13 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Sorry!

He also had one of the worst WR Ensembles in College Football. If you cannot see the talent this kid has, you best stick with beer league soccer.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You know that I really respect your opinion Gunner

I agree that he was off on some throws this game.....I also thought he put the ball right on receivers at times and his over 220 yards passing with no deep balls to foster supports that......

Its just......we have too many guys who drop plays they have to make on this team.....Josh Allen should have FOUR TD PASSES in his game.....Four of them

except that he had just 2 TDs. lets not play the, shoulda/woulda/coulda thing and deal with the reality of the  day.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I maintain his elbow is bothering him.  He threw some ropes that no other QB can throw.  He threw a bunch of ducks.  He single-handedly kept the game competitive.  He missed three open TDs...

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Totally agree. I’m still not totally sure where I sit with Allen other than he’s fun to watch and I love his competitiveness and playmaking ability. 

But ultimately you’re right, it’s the best pocket passers that ultimately usually win it all. The really bad misses he has are disconcerting because those have nothing to do with weapons...no matter who it is, if they’re that open, you have to have a QB that can hit them. And then there are definitely plays that could go differently if we had a better o-line and better weapons. 

The other thing that’s going to happen is teams are going to start making more of an effort to contain him in the pocket, even at the expense of rushing him, because sometimes he really is just better off making something happen on a broken play. 

At least right now we can say it’ll be fun to watch...and I like the guy...but it’s really tough to say what he’s ultimately going to be. 

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

except that he had just 2 TDs. lets not play the, shoulda/woulda/coulda thing and deal with the reality of the  day.

As long as we are also going to say that his supporting cast is not good......as long as we are playing that game.

Josh Allen was the bet player on the field today

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I maintain his elbow is bothering him.  He threw some ropes that no other QB can throw.  He threw a bunch of ducks.  He single-handedly Leotard the game competitive.  He missed three open TDs...

and had 2 should have been TDs dropped

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes, he’s a rookie; but apparently a rookie with talent, which is encouraging.

agreed.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

As long as we are also going to say that his supporting cast is not good......as long as we are playing that game.

Josh Allen was the bet player on the field today

and had 2 should have been TDs dropped

ummm.... i don't know  that I am willing to say his supporting cast is not good. what I am comfortable saying is that they are young and in need of more experience and to learn how to win. 

this of course does not apply to Benjamin. he needs to be let go, yesterday.

i agree, Allen was the best player on the field.

Edited by Foxx

Someone needs to create a Buffalo Bills B*tch Board, slogan "B*tching about the Bills 24-7 because we've been miserable human beings since conception." It's honestly where a lot of you belong. Seriously though, our rookie is getting better. And despite his mistakes he is carrying this offense. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Someone needs to create a Buffalo Bills B*tch Board, slogan "B*tching about the Bills 24-7 because we've been miserable human beings since conception." It's honestly where a lot of you belong. Seriously though, our rookie is getting better. And despite his mistakes he is carrying this offense. 

Without Allen we don't have an offense. He is carrying them on his back.

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

As was the back shoulder jones couldn’t reel in.  This season is a success.  We finally have a franchise QB.  Get a couple of receivers in the offseason and we are in business. 

Hard for Zay to reel it in when he's being bear-hugged. No-call on that was bad.

• Like (+1) 1

josh is a talented,athletic winner who has some accuracy problems. cripe can we walk and chew gum at the same time??

he also needs to learn to throw the screen pass and not throw ducks to wide open receivers.

And he needs to continue with his winning attitude and his great running and his occasionally accurate throws.

I'm optimistic that this kid has winner written all over him and that he will continue to improve.--But its stupid not to criticize him

when he deserves it. he has a long way to go. so many great 1st half field positions were squandered.We scored 17 points with a LOT of good field position all day.NOT GOOD.