Arizona released Sam Bradford

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Is that true?  $100 million in career earnings and for what?  What has this guy ever done? 

Nothing! 

The economics of the game, particularly at the QB position, need to change.

Won’t happen, as the rules have made the game even more QB centric. If anything, teams will allocate an even greater % of the cap at QB and go younger and cheaper most everywhere else. As for Bradford it’s true and he’s a great example of why the rookie cap was added. His earnings per TD pass as a pro are mind boggling. 

Sam Bradford Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Contract Notes

Sam Bradford signed a two year, $40 million contract with the Cardinals. $15 million is guaranteed at signing. The guarantee consists of a $10 million signing bonus and Bradford's 2018 salary. In 2018 there are up to $5 million in per game active bonuses. The Cardinals have an option on Bradford's 2020 season. If Bradford's option is picked up his $7.5 million base salary and a $10 million 3rd day of the league year roster bonus in 2019 become fully guaranteed. There are $1 million per year in incentives if Bradford and the Cardinals win the Super Bowl.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, they pretty much did with the CBA.  Bradford was the last #1 overall pick before the rookie salary scale, and he and his agent held up the Rams for a King's Ransom.

Other than that, it's supply-and-demand, me laddiebuck, supply and demand.

This is absolutely correct. Sam Bradford was the last QB to hit the lottery before the rookie salary scale.

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sam Bradford Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Contract Notes

Sam Bradford signed a two year, $40 million contract with the Cardinals. $15 million is guaranteed at signing. The guarantee consists of a $10 million signing bonus and Bradford's 2018 salary. In 2018 there are up to $5 million in per game active bonuses. The Cardinals have an option on Bradford's 2020 season. If Bradford's option is picked up his $7.5 million base salary and a $10 million 3rd day of the league year roster bonus in 2019 become fully guaranteed. There are $1 million per year in incentives if Bradford and the Cardinals win the Super Bowl.

Hmmm. I’d say the Bills should put a claim in. My guess is they try to dumpster dive again in the offseason but we’ll see. If they want to get serious at backup QB once and for all they will do this. Interesting to see if Beane’s recent lament rings true. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Hmmm. I’d say the Bills should put a claim in. My guess is they try to dumpster dive again in the offseason but we’ll see. If they want to get serious at backup QB once and for all they will do this. Interesting to see if Beane’s recent lament rings true. 

Too pricey. 

51 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Is that true?  $100 million in career earnings and for what?  What has this guy ever done? 

Nothing! 

Its the stupid GMs that continually paid his large salary everywhere he went, not the system.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They didn't clear all this cap space and go through this season with all the dead cap money just to spend 20 mil on a mediocre QB.  If they can get him on the cheap that is fine, but claiming through waivers is way too costly for a QB that is pretty bad at being a QB.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I think that we do not have to feel too bad for the guy after he got cut.  

Hell no we don't.

His 60 mins of one football game will take me 10 years to make working my full time job.  Basically, every time the guy snapped the ball on offense he was getting paid $20K with an NFL average of 75 offensive snaps or plays per game.

Just stupid when you think about it that way. I get that doesn't count practice and all the media shenanigans.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Get him here immediately. 

So he can sit sighing in front of his locker with various appendages taped/iced up, saying things like, “Tough break today getting hit like that—hopefully I won’t miss too many games this time. We’ll take this injury one day at a time, and I’ll be doing rehab and getting in my mental reps. In the meantime I’ll support whoever we have starting next week.”

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Meh, I think he's a better option than Anderson, Peterpick, or Barkley. I don't think it's worth it now though. We know where we're headed. I'm just glad we weren't as stupid as AZ to cough up $$$ like that. 

And he is also in football shape unlike Anderson and Barkley

10 hours ago, Looper said:

The guy was a phenomenal athlete at one point - good at every sport he tried. Prolly could've played pro golf if he really wanted. But in any event, he's set for life.

He could get manage to break both his legs playing golf. Has he ever made it through a season?

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Nothing! 

They did change, dramatically, like immediately after his drafting and signing...

Wasn't he the last QB draftee before the rookie wage scale was introduced?

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

So he's going to clear waivers.

If he's truly interested in resuming his career, I'd bring him in.  He's the perfect backup and would be a great mentor to Allen.

Bradford strikes me as a guy who would be a very good QB coach, if he so chooses.

If he’s such a good mentor, why didn’t Arizona keep him for their rookie QB?

Oct  1  ,   wow

Coach Steve Wilks confirmed Monday that Sam Bradford will remain the Cardinals' third-string quarterback going forward.

Bradford looked like he was hoping to retire in the first 11-plus quarters of the season, and he is now Arizona's third-stringer behind Josh Rosen and new-backup Mike Glennon. The Cards signed Bradford to a two-year, $40 million contract in the offseason. He is making $20 million in salary and bonuses this year and will cost $5 million against Arizona's 2019 cap even after he gets cut. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

.....all for 67 games and 85 TD passes....nice work if you can get it...........

Career Earnings: $124,045,000
Career APY: $15,505,625
Potential Earnings: $142,420,000
Total Guarantees: $159,000,000
Largest Cash Payment: $26,845,000 (2011)
Largest Cap Hit: $24,687,500 (2019)

Statistics

Year Games Played Snaps Passing Rushing Fumbles
Offense Special Comp/Att Pct Yards TD INT Sacked Rating Att Yards Avg TD Total Lost
2011 10 63.2% 0.0% 191/357 53.5% 2164 6 6 36 70.5 18 26 1.4 0 10 7
2012 16 99.2% 0.0% 328/551 59.5% 3702 21 13 35 82.6 36 124 3.4 1 7 1
2013 7 44.9% 0.0% 159/262 60.7% 1687 14 4 15 90.9 15 31 2.1 0 3 1
2015 14 85.4% 0.0% 346/532 65% 3725 19 14 28 86.4 26 39 1.5 0 10 3
2016 15 93.0% 0.0% 395/552 71.6% 3877 20 5 37 99.3 20 53 2.7 0 10 5
2017 2 8.1% 0.0% 32/43 74.4% 382 3 0 5 124.4 2 -3 -1.5 0 0 0
2018 3 30.1% 0.0% 50/80 62.5% 400 2 4 6 62.5 2 7 3.5 0 3 2
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Sam, 

You've somehow managed to make 130 MILLION dollars over your disappointing 9 year career. Retire and enjoy life already.

Sincerely, 

Everyone who hasn't made 130 million for no reason 

...OR.....adopt me......I can help whittle that stack down.............