Where are all the darnold rosen and Mayfield fans?

Hebert19

Early on everyone was clamoring that we got the wrong guy.  They were the best of the bunch.  Now that they are playing like rookies we've moved on to mahomes.  Its hilarious.  

Rookies are all playing like rookies.  Based on what I've watched.  I'd still take my chances on Allen all day. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Early on everyone was clamoring that we got the wrong guy.  They were the best of the bunch.  Now that they are playing like rookies we've moved on to mahomes.  Its hilarious.  

Rookies are all playing like rookies.  Based on what I've watched.  I'd still take my chances on Allen all day. 

Yeah, attack the fans when the Bills are sucking! That'll make you feel better.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd still have taken any of the other 3. Not saying Allen is a bust but I still think he was the longest shot of the 4. 

i would agree completely there. Allen does have somethimg about him that gives me hope but man is he raw..and that lack of accuracy...yikes

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Amnesia.

8 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

...as REALISTICALLY expected.....every kid in this class will develop at their own pace, whether successfully or not....perhaps why the "bust labeling yipsters" are stuck here typing away from under their desks expecting a BIG NFL personnel job....ain't happenin'....LMAO.............

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

THE STRUGGLES OF THE OTHER ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR ALLEN!!!!!!!!

They could ALL suck!

I'm tired of this narrative.

That’s not the narrative.

The narrative is that the position of QB is a very big learning curve in the NFL, and rookies take time to develop.  There are ups and downs - it is not a linear progression from game to game.

• Like (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I’ll conjure a guess, regardless of anyone’s stance on the 2018 QBs. Many fans have shifted their focus onto the possibility the Bills waited a year too long to address their QB deficiency. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayfield looks like the real deal--plus he's handicapped by the worst HC in NFL history.

What was the OP's point again?

I think hope for the constant whiners about our guy after only five games to stop whining like so many melty snowflakes.  

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

I think hope for the constant whiners about our guy to stop whining like so many melty snowflakes.  

I'm still all in on Allen. But the OP's take on Mayfield is slow....

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll conjure a guess, regardless of anyone’s stance on the 2018 QBs. Many fans have shifted their focus onto the possibility the Bills waited a year too long to address their QB deficiency. 

Because of one qb who sat for a year and now is playing on a all star team of offensive players.......

By the way....Mahommes just threw his 6th interception  in the last 4 games.....and ppl think he would not throw more with this offensive trash.....comical

His offensive line is keeping him clean....his OT's are playing outstanding.....and ppl think he would get that here....comical

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because of one qb who sat for a year and now is playing on a all star team of offensive players.......

By the way....Mahommes just threw his 6th interception  in the last 4 games.....and ppl think he would not throw more with this offensive trash.....comical

His offensive line is keeping him clean....his OT's are playing outstanding.....and ppl think he would get that here....comical

Nice strawman. You’re debating arguments nobody has made in this thread.

and the Bills lack of offensive talent isn’t a viable excuse. It’s actually more of a condemnation on their job.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Everytime I read something like this I tend to agree which begs the question why aren’t the bills like those other teams where QBs are put in a position to succeed?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Nice strawman. You’re debating arguments nobody has made in this thread.

Actually, it was - someone said that most fans were shifting to thinking the bills waited a year too long to pick their qb. 

33 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I’ve moved on to Aaron Rodgers 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Everytime I read something like this I tend to agree which begs the question why aren’t the bills like those other teams where QBs are put in a position to succeed?

I dont have an answer for you other then the Chiefs did it differently.....whether it be right or whether it be wrong the bills decided to biuld this team in phases.......I fully expect this to be a concentrated effort this offseason to improve this offense

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Mahomes performance would be identical if he were in Buffalo. He may just be a better QB than the four rookies will ever be, and the Bills had the opportunity to draft him without moving up. They also could have sat him for a year. It’s not as ridiculous a notion as you make it out to be. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Mahomes performance would be identical if he were in Buffalo. He may just be a better QB than the four rookies will ever be, and the Bills had the opportunity to draft him without moving up. They also could have sat him for a year. It’s not as ridiculous a notion as you make it out to be. 

I have no problem believing that Mahommes would have been a qb for us once we got offensive weapons around him

I just dont think he would have ended up looking like this

So the question becomes......the trade netted us Trey White who is one of the bet corners in the league and the first round pick which turned into Josh Allen......

If Josh Allen becomes a good qb we did not lose this trade

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I have no problem believing that Mahommes would have been a qb for us once we got offensive weapons around him

I just dont think he would have ended up looking like this

So the question becomes......the trade netted us Trey White who is one of the bet corners in the league and the first round pick which turned into Josh Allen......

If Josh Allen becomes a good qb we did not lose this trade

Yes, it all comes back to Josh Allen and what he turns out to be. Passing on your biggest need for a CB ( regardless of how good the player is ) is going to be questioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Has he shown something significantly better than JA thus far that would validate taking him over JA if you rewound to draft day?

I would still draft Rosen ahead of Allen every time if given the opportunity.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Heck, I like all four of them---I think they all show promise---could turn out to be a historic draft for QB's.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

THE STRUGGLES OF THE OTHER ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR ALLEN!!!!!!!!

They could ALL suck!

I'm tired of this narrative.

Not saying it is a good thing.  But I'm saying that you aren't a bust after a couple bad games.  Otherwise they all should be cut. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Put a real team around Mayfield and he's Mahomes.

Wtf?  A real team?  His supporting cast isnt that bad at all.  Could we say same about Allen?  We dont know because his supporting cast is worse. So ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Not saying it is a good thing.  But I'm saying that you aren't a bust after a couple bad games.  Otherwise they all should be cut. 

Wtf?  A real team?  His supporting cast isnt that bad at all.  Could we say same about Allen?  We dont know because his supporting cast is worse. So ridiculous 

The Browns roster on offense is pretty weak.  One WR.  O-line blows.  HC is a slow adult.