Where are all the darnold rosen and Mayfield fans?

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayfield looks like the real deal--plus he's handicapped by the worst HC in NFL history.

What was the OP's point again?

I think his point is Allen gets dissected by fans fairly and unfairly, but when those same fans discuss other rookies they give them a lot more slack (see: handicapped by the worse coach in NFL history). 

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I think his point is Allen gets dissected by fans fairly and unfairly, but when those same fans discuss other rookies they give them a lot more slack (see: handicapped by the worse coach in NFL history). 

You can appreciate the positives in both.  Doesn't need a thread to gloat about whatever the OP is gloating over.

1 hour ago, Success said:

That’s not the narrative.

The narrative is that the position of QB is a very big learning curve in the NFL, and rookies take time to develop.  There are ups and downs - it is not a linear progression from game to game.

That narrative is crap.

The majority of QB's who end up being franchise guys show flashes in their rookie season. Goff is a complete outlier.

I've said it before, but my OPINION is that all of these QB's suck, so I'm not surprised that none of them look promising. This class could very well be a dud. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

What is NPC?

Non player character apparently? it's some video game influenced insult that the alt-right is using to say that everybody else is brainless and can't think for themselves (thus the irony), and unfortunately it seems to be slipping into other circles. It's just boring as all hell, but I guess it's a thing now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Early on everyone was clamoring that we got the wrong guy.  They were the best of the bunch.  Now that they are playing like rookies we've moved on to mahomes.  Its hilarious.  

Rookies are all playing like rookies.  Based on what I've watched.  I'd still take my chances on Allen all day. 

New york arizona cleveland

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I wanted Rosen and here I am still. What can I help you with?

Well, to start with, I need my gutters cleaned. If you want to get started with that, I’ll work on a list for the rest of it. THANKS!  

?

When they said “Josh.....”, I admit to hoping Rosen would come out next. Darnold was my first choice, followed by Mayfield. None of that matters now, because Allen is our guy and I can’t tell with any certainty how this will turn out. I’ll be 100% behind OUR guy until we know what we have. THIS is not THAT time. He certainly has amazing physical tools.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll conjure a guess, regardless of anyone’s stance on the 2018 QBs. Many fans have shifted their focus onto the possibility the Bills waited a year too long to address their QB deficiency. 

So Mahomes would shine with this cast? KB and others would magically start getting separation and catch the ball? The line would improve in leaps and bounds? Lol.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

So Mahomes would shine with this cast? KB and others would magically start getting separation and catch the ball? The line would improve in leaps and bounds? Lol.

Nice straw man there, not even close to what I said. In fact, I’ve said the opposite in this very thread. I’ll repeat no one in their right mind thinks that Mahomes would duplicate his current performance here. However, Mahomes could have been drafted, sat a year behind Taylor, different player decisions made by the FO etc. You must think Mahomes would be terrible in Buffalo, Allen would set records in KC etc? 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Browns roster on offense is pretty weak.  One WR.  O-line blows.  HC is a slow adult.  

You are delusional. Did you watch the Browns first 5 games? The anouncers were all talking about how much talent the Browns had on both sides of the ball. How they would make the playoffs.

Edited by BB@Shooter

1 minute ago, BB@Shooter said:

You are delusional. Did you watch the Browns first 5 games? The as anouncers were all talking about how much talent the Browns had on both sides of the ball. How they would make the playoffs.

Where is that talent now? Chubb is their feature back.  Mayfield got hammered all day today.  Njoku is pretty good I guess.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nice straw man there, not even close to what I said. In fact, I’ve said the opposite in this very thread. I’ll repeat no one in their right mind thinks that Mahomes would duplicate his current performance here. However, Mahomes could have been drafted, sat a year behind Taylor, different player decisions made by the FO etc. You must think Mahomes would be terrible in Buffalo, Allen would set records in KC etc? 

I think that anyone who thinks the qb in Buffalo is the main problem doesn't know football. And hindsight is retarded. And if they threw Peterman in for Tyrod, Mahomet would have been in by game 3. And no chance to sit and learn. And Andy ReI'd helps any qb under him more than probably any HC out there

9 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

I think that anyone who thinks the qb in Buffalo is the main problem doesn't know football. And hindsight is retarded. And if they threw Peterman in for Tyrod, Mahomet would have been in by game 3. And no chance to sit and learn. And Andy ReI'd helps any qb under him more than probably any HC out there

That’s cool if you’re satisfied to use the old trope about hindsight to excuse a lack of foresight. These people are paid a lot of $$ to be right. It goes even deeper than that though, right to ownership. Hiring a HC before replacing a lame duck GM etc. One error leads to another. As for the HC benching the QB, Alex Smith struggled last year. Even losing to the Bills while they were mired in a slump. His HC didn’t bench him for Mahomes. The potential for McD to handle things properly was there though, and it took 3 horrendous games by Taylor to play Peterman. It’s conceivable that he could have played Mahomes there, but would you argue that such a move would ruin him as a QB? What if he came in and threw four TDs ? It’s laughable to mention Mahomes in the same breath while talking about Peterman.

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

Rosen just LOOKS frail out there, especially compared to Allen. But I guess he’s at least still playing....

IIRC, he's already had two concussions. One more and he might be done. He does look frail. 

1 minute ago, Looper said:

IIRC, he's already had two concussions. One more and he might be done. He does look frail. 

Two fairly recently (both last year?) that we know of. I wonder what the real total is? 

The other 3 rookie QBs have looked better at passing the football than Allen from what I’ve seen. I’d put Rosen last overall though due to his lack of all around “ game” and leadership/ toughness. If I had to guess, I’d say his top end would be something like a Sam Bradford type. Often banged up and never quite getting it done. 

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The neurologist I saw said to double whatever the diagnosed number is and that's probably more accurate 

Turns out if the neurologist who cleared my son after a nasty stinger had said that, he would have been WAY underestimating. (He had issues for years afterwards, but HS kids...be kids.) Yep, I believe it’s double, or more. 

Did they measure Rosen's 40 time in minutes? That guy would take 50 sacks behind the early 90's Dallas lines.

If you're that slow, you've got to compensate with amazing pocket awareness ala Brady/Brees. I just don't see someone with those limitations working in today's NFL.

46 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

He'd look like a solid QB who'd be star if he had some weapons. He wouldn't look like he didn't belong in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There is a super Rosen fan here but he’s not posted yet.  

If he did, it would somehow turn into his usual "Allen is a bust" post, with a little "Bills fans are too ignorant or emotional to truly understand how bad Allen is" mixed in, along with something insinuating most of us are not smart enough to see how "fantastic Rosen has looked." 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If he did, it would somehow turn into his usual "Allen is a bust" post, with a little "Bills fans are too ignorant or emotional to truly understand how bad Allen is" mixed in, along with something insinuating most of us are not smart enough to see how "fantastic Rosen has looked." 

Man oh man.  You nailed that on the head. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Early on everyone was clamoring that we got the wrong guy.  They were the best of the bunch.  Now that they are playing like rookies we've moved on to mahomes.  Its hilarious.  

Rookies are all playing like rookies.  Based on what I've watched.  I'd still take my chances on Allen all day. 

I still think Mayfield going be very special.. he has to try do stuff with the WORST and I mean WORST coaching staff in the NFL.  (I also like Allen but if Mayfield had dropped I would have been drooling for the Pats take him so he could learn behind Brady for 2-3 years)

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I like those guys and still do but it is hilarious and pathetic all of the Allen bashing going on around here. I guess they expect him to throw for 300 and 4 TDs a game right out of the box.

A!so people forget Mahomes sat for a whole year and has some of the best weapons around.

• Like (+1) 1