Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

Recommended Posts

Love the man, but trade him if we can get a 3rd or even a 4th.  No brainer unless they think we can win this year.....

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

 

Gave up on the season after that Bengals preseason game. 

 

Ok Vontae ;)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

 

Not to mention the optics that would bring with it when they are ready to spend on free agents in the offseason. Agent: "Bills want to sign you." Player: "So I'll get paid, but they may just trade me in a year or two and I'll have to move my family again? Pass."

I don't think it would be that way with this one.  McCoy has been treated very well in Buffalo and I think he would welcome a chance to get back to Philly and be on a team that is talented enough to win a Super Bowl.  I would expect that he would have very kind words for the city and the organization on his way out the door if he was indeed heading back to Philly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without Shady the Bills really have no product to put on the table this year. Ain’t happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Love the man, but trade him if we can get a 3rd or even a 4th.  No brainer unless they think we can win this year.....

 

3 or 4 is not enough when you look at what he does provide right now for the overall team. I think it has to be a 2nd for us to even consider it and more than likely the eagles won't have a high pick to end the year, so you are looking mid round or later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I would say a 3rd and maybe a sweetner like an additional 5th in 2020.  If we could get a second I would be thrilled but It would be hard to believe that we could get that for a 30 year old running back.  If it were anything less than a 3rd, I don't think it would be worth it considering how poor we are on offense.

  The Eagles are looking at this year as another SB run so they would spend more to insure that run happens.  If they just were another team sitting on the fringe of the post season then yes they would be more conservative with an offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do this deal for a 3rd without hesitation.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RochesterRob said:

  The Eagles are looking at this year as another SB run so they would spend more to insure that run happens.  If they just were another team sitting on the fringe of the post season then yes they would be more conservative with an offer.

I don’t think the eagles are a SB team with or without mccoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles have not looked good with either Foles or Wentz so far.  Does getting Shady magically make them a SB contender again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Great!  Send us back Jason Peters and we will send back McCoy.  

 

Sounds fair enough to me if he's healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should place zero importance on this because our GM represents the Bills interests, but I can't help but think that Shady would love this move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll trade him for a WR or an OL upgrade. 

 

We have enough picks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think the eagles are a SB team with or without mccoy 

  A pretty short list in the NFC for SB representative and the Eagles are on that list with the Rams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RochesterRob said:

  A pretty short list in the NFC for SB representative and the Eagles are on that list with the Rams.

NFC is a beast ... I don’t think they make it past the Wild Card given the way the look right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prissythecat said:

The Eagles have not looked good with either Foles or Wentz so far.  Does getting Shady magically make them a SB contender again?

They haven't looked that bad.  They probably win on Sunday if Ajayi doesn't fumble at the goal line.  That team has talent everywhere and the NFC East is weak.  They will likely win that division.  Carson Wentz is not in top form yet and I expect them to pick it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Love the man, but trade him if we can get a 3rd or even a 4th.  No brainer unless they think we can win this year.....

Well, a lot of people (including myself) thought we could've started 0-5 to 0-7. So, 2-3 is pretty surprising. I think we could be competitive this year and, most importantly, GROW. I don't want to strip the team of its captain and only offensive force. That will demoralize everyone. It's not worth the 2nd or 3rd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t say they would give up a 2nd. That’s what it would take imo. Bills already have 10 draft picks and Mccoy is serving a big role to their rookie QB. He’s taking him under his wing and he’s a captain. I don’t see Beane salivating at a mid round pick. 

Forget a pick. 

 

Get an established NFL player for him. A WR.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'll trade him for a WR or an OL upgrade. 

 

We have enough picks.

This

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I don't think it would be that way with this one.  McCoy has been treated very well in Buffalo and I think he would welcome a chance to get back to Philly and be on a team that is talented enough to win a Super Bowl.  I would expect that he would have very kind words for the city and the organization on his way out the door if he was indeed heading back to Philly.

 

 

I liked the idea (posted in a similar thread) to have a sit down with McCoy and give him the option.  Of course you don not let him go for less than a 2nd round pick in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I can see both sides on this one.

 

From purely a business plan perspective, it makes sense to trade him since we're really building for 2 years from now, when McCoy likely won't be here or be at his best anymore anyway. 

 

However...we're so strapped on weapons that it could make QB1's development even tougher. If the plan is to keep playing him the rest of this season and the return is going to be a 3rd round pick or lower, it might make sense to keep him .

I’m with ya here. Completely depends on the pick. 3rd or more...you almost have to. What’s up with Murphy?  Is he hurt or a healthy scratch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFC is a beast ... I don’t think they make it past the Wild Card given the way the look right now 

They have as good a chance as any other NFC east team of winning that division.  They are a championship team and if I were them and believed McCoy makes a big difference, I'd trade a second (a pick in the mid-high 50s, after all). They are not playing for the future.


The Bills should NOT trade him for a 3rd because a) he has a reasonable contract and b) is likely to be far better in 2019 than any 3rd round RB they draft. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Forget a pick. 

 

Get an established NFL player for him. A WR.

This

If the Eagles are going to trade for a 30 year old back with the intentions of winning a Super Bowl this year, what receiver are they going to give up that could actually help us?  Jordan Matthews is currently 4 on their depth chart. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Whaley didn't draft EJ; Butler did. If Whaley was still here we would have had Mahomes or Watson without giving away our better players. Think about that while inaccurate Josh bless us with his inaccurate passing.      

Whaley was the GM for the 17  draft??????????!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mabden said:

 

 

I liked the idea (posted in a similar thread) to have a sit down with McCoy and give him the option.  Of course you don not let him go for less than a 2nd round pick in 2019.

I’m glad that mccoy would be ok with the trade if it happens but i don’t think the bills owe him anything. If they think it’s the right move for the team then do it. If they don’t, then don’t. That’s all they should care about, not whether he wants to stay or go. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone on here saying Peters please just stop.  We are not trading for a 36 year old tackle who would probably rather retire than come back to Buffalo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×