Bills vs. Titans All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

I mean the route looks pretty awful by benjamin if you ask me 

I don't really know much about this stuff but if he's suppose to run a route similar to that line in the video he didn't really he just kind of went straight. On the other route was he supposed to kind of stop right there?

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't really know much about this stuff but if he's suppose to run a route similar to that line in the video he didn't really he just kind of went straight. On the other route was he supposed to kind of stop right there?

Yeah I mean I think the holmes route he could stop at the end of it or be instructed to keep the routes alive and roll with it because honestly Josh Allen is an improvisational kinda guy so to me I agree with the twitter OP who said the receivers keeping them "Alive" (continuing to run, try to get open and create a play) seems to me like what all of our guys should be doing every play. 

On the benjamin route, I agree I feel like he was supposed to be crossing over mid field by that point and he was not but at the same time who knows I'm not exactly sure what he has been instructed to do on that play and I'm sure Cover1 isn't either.

Allen is expecting Holmes to continue across the field so he leads him and Holmes stops instead. It's plain as day. I'm not sure why Holmes would stop that route since the area he was running into was wide open. This may look like an inaccurate throw but it was a case of the QB and WR not being on the same page.

• Like (+1) 11

36 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I mean the route looks pretty awful by benjamin if you ask me 

Hard to say though because homes also completely stops at the end of the route which I don't know is the best thing either I agree shouldn't the receivers be keeping them alive?

This is what I cant understand.  How in the hell are the coaches not just destroying these receivers right now.  Look at Mahomes (since that is such a popular topic on this board)...his WR's just dont ever stop running to get open.  His guys are always running and trying to come back to the ball.  

Our WR's barely put consistent effort into their routes and just aren't ever fighting to help Josh as he escapes.  They gotta come back to the ball, they gotta WANT the ball, they gotta keep moving when you know you got a QB who can escape and buy more time.

This team plays hard mostly except this WR group.  There honestly isnt a WR on this team that DESERVES to be on this roster next year, not even Zay.  Someone needs to show they want the ball, they want win in that WR room.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is what I cant understand.  How in the hell are the coaches not just destroying these receivers right now.  Look at Mahomes (since that is such a popular topic on this board)...his WR's just dont ever stop running to get open.  His guys are always running and trying to come back to the ball.  

Our WR's barely put consistent effort into their routes and just aren't ever fighting to help Josh as he escapes.  They gotta come back to the ball, they gotta WANT the ball, they gotta keep moving when you know you got a QB who can escape and buy more time.

This team plays hard mostly except this WR group.  There honestly isnt a WR on this team that DESERVES to be on this roster next year, not even Zay.  Someone needs to show they want the ball, they want win in that WR room.  

This is what’s perplexing me the most.  It’s clear that our staff can scheme you into an average/above average player as long as you try.   They also seem to have zero patience for those that don’t.  

However, our WRs are allowed to take casual strolls all over the field and lay down for a quick nap at the end of their routes yet it’s the one area of the team we refuse to address.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, vincec said:

Allen is expecting Holmes to continue across the field so he leads him and Holmes stops instead. It's plain as day. I'm not sure why Holmes would stop that route since the area he was running into was wide open. This may look like an inaccurate throw but it was a case of the QB and WR not being on the same page.

Yeh looks that way to me too, not sure who's at fault there but that's going for 40 yards at least and maybe a TD if Holmes doesn't stop there in the middle of the field. Weird.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet, I didn't have access to all-22 before the MNF game started, and I still have access to Colts-Pats while MNF plays on.

Hmmm? Things must have changed as I'm watching Bills-Titans All-22 right now. 

Being at the game, I simply don’t grasp why slants and wheels aren’t more a part of the plan. Josh has shown an ability to throw them and the Titans were giving them to us. 

Doing so so would also build his confidence. It’s what Brady and Rogers built their careers on. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh looks that way to me too, not sure who's at fault there but that's going for 40 yards at least and maybe a TD if Holmes doesn't stop there in the middle of the field. Weird.

And that's one of the main plays when everyone, including myself, was blaming Allen for being inaccurate. I really don't see how Beane and McD can watch the game film and think it is not child abuse to put those WR on the field with the kid.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The All-22 Coaches Film via GamePass is now available for week 5 vs. TEN

As I posted above I think Allen made the correct read throwing to Holmes, but another option that I would like to see him consider more often is to throw a high ball to Benjamin when he's 1v1 like this with a safety. Yes he's covered, but he towers over that guy and it would be a big gain. This offense needs to roll the dice a little on plays like this because they're not talented enough to drive the field consistently.

31 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Being at the game, I simply don’t grasp why slants and wheels aren’t more a part of the plan. Josh has shown an ability to throw them and the Titans were giving them to us. 

Doing so so would also build his confidence. It’s what Brady and Rogers built their careers on. 

Just my two cents. 

michael-scottthankyou.gif

Don't even have to watch All-22 to realize our OC seems like yet another stubborn play caller who won't adjust his passing attack to accomodate and develop the QB he has under center.

And that's kinda shocking to me considering that's.... like.... exactly what he did at Alabama last year.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, vincec said:

As I posted above I think Allen made the correct read throwing to Holmes, but another option that I would like to see him consider more often is to throw a high ball to Benjamin when he's 1v1 like this with a safety. Yes he's covered, but he towers over that guy and it would be a big gain. This offense needs to roll the dice a little on plays like this because they're not talented enough to drive the field consistently.

I don’t think he trust KB to come down with that ball and I don’t blame him. For a big guy he doesn’t use his size well.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

its jmo but I think Josh Allen is losing confidence in Kelvin.....the OC keeps trotting him out there so Josh has to throw to him sometimes but he is by no means his "money player" right now he actually doesnt have a player on this offense that he has chemistry with.......I think you would get that if you got a more quality wideout.....someone that just wont friggen drop the ball

2 hours ago, vincec said:

In his interview with Erik Turner, Eric Wood made the point that it's hard for fan-side sites to accurately grade OLmen because we don't know their assignments, and that also applies to QB throws and WR because we don't know what the route was supposed to be or how he was supposed to run it. 

I think Benjamin is running variable routes right now.  He might be further upfield than expected at a particular time, he might be further downfield.  Might be running the route as expected, might be doing his own variation.    Maybe "own variation" is what he grew up with in Carolina - Chan Gailey used to teach "beat your man, get to the spot" for the WR and allow them considerable lattitude in how they ran their routes.  Erhardt-Perkins routes in NE*** are expected to be precise, and if the WR aren't where Brady expects them to be, he won't throw to them.  I think that Daboll expects the WR routes to be precise, but that's just my guess.