#Receipts on the Chris Ivory signing

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

So many hated it but he’s a guy we needed 

I don't recall many people hating the pickup. He's certainly not in his prime but he serves a very useful role  of being in a tough inside runner tough situations. He's the type of rugged player you want on your roster because he is a no frills player who understands his role but more importantly fulfills his role. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So many hated it but he’s a guy we needed 

I admit I thought we overpaid on the signing. I actually liked the signing as I thought the team could have either paid less for him or found a big back like that for less. Either way he has proven to be a good complement to Shady. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't recall many people hating the pickup. He's certainly not in his prime but he serves a very useful role  of being in a tough inside runner tough situations. He's the type of rugged player you want on your roster because he is a no frills player who understands his role but more importantly fulfills his role. 

Thank you.  No one hated the pickup.  Some said we overpaid, which is a fair comment.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Never understood why that signing was SO unpopular.  Ivory has a lot of miles on him, but he showed he still has some left today.  His runs were important and his physicality helped equal the tone that the D set.

He was a 30 year old running back coming off of 2 seasons where he looked shot, add in a long injury history and people were confused as to why the Bills paid 3 million for him. Clearly he still has some gas in the tank left. But I was among those that didn't get the price the team paid for him. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Thank you.  No one hated the pickup.  Some said we overpaid, which is a fair comment.

When your passing game is rudimentary at best and your offense centers around the running game this complimentary back is not overpaid. I'm not sure if he got a bonus because if not then it is structured as a one year deal. This was a good pickup from what he adds to our basic offense. And considering that it was also a reasonable value addition.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You are not hearing a peep out of the ppl bitching about the Ivory signing now (amazing how that happens....:)

Ivory was PERFECT to compliment Shady....the thunder to the lightening....and Ivory showed why today

You betcha. Maybe we bought a week of silence from the trolls and whiners. Maybe.

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Never understood why that signing was SO unpopular.  Ivory has a lot of miles on him, but he showed he still has some left today.  His runs were important and his physicality helped equal the tone that the D set.

You don't understand why someone with a similar style/role as Tolbert would be met with skepticism?

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

You betcha. Maybe we bought a week of silence from the trolls and whiners. Maybe.

Did you see the first 4 weeks?  How can you not complain about those 4 first games from Coach Daboll, to the O-Line and finally to Shady and Ivory.  Today showed us what should always happen.

Cheers,

OJ Simpson

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Because I don't have a short attention span AND can envision the direction this process is going?

HAHA!  Sure you do!  4 disaster games.  Looked like Shady was 50 years old.  Today was not perfect by any means but a huge improvement by Daboll.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Milage was all he was worried about. But Jets Ivory was a nightmare to us that was the perfect version of Ivory this team needed.. and apparently got

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Go back and look. I'm a firm "trust the process" guy.

You have super good 20/20 hindsight vision of the process. You went from "all the stupid anti-tankers don't Billeive in a 1st overall pick, clearly the process can't get any better" to "all the stupid process doubters sure are hating winning games and being in the playoff hunt, clearly the process can't get any better"

How do I trust that process which changes every week as defined by Joe? How do I find a middle ground with you? How do I get your approval when I celebrate wins and hate losses, while you celebrate anything? You LOVED the week 1 loss and you LOVED the Vikings game. How about we agree with each other for LOVING the Titans and Vikings games

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s TOUGH! Nobody wants part of that. I hated playing against him. 

Yea, he’s always been a tank. Age is the question mark with the signing, and that’s always tough to predict with a running back... but no ones ever questioned ivory’s ability and desire to truck a defender.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, KW95 said:

HAHA!  Sure you do!  4 disaster games.  Looked like Shady was 50 years old.  Today was not perfect by any means but a huge improvement by Daboll.

Since when was the vikings game a disaster? I think you need to reevaluate your ability to understand what is going on in a game if the vikings game was a disaster.