Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

We are paying it now, hence the dead money. Dead money is guaranteed money that still is owed to a specific player.

Nope. Dead money is previously paid cash that we had amortized. His future payments go to his new team. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

We are paying it now, hence the dead money. Dead money is guaranteed money that still is owed to a specific player.

no. as HBF pointed out, we are paying the accelerated signing bonus. the Jags are paying his salary.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Actually technically is is guaranteed money for last year as well they got Dareus for less than 5M for the games he played for them. 

Doesnt matter Josh Gordon is 700k non guaranteed. He comes in and falls off wagon and gets suspended cut him No dead money 

Edited by MAJBobby

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Actually technically is is guaranteed money for last year as well 

umm, no. the only money the Bills payed outside of the signing bonus was the pro-rated portion due on his contract for last year. the Jags payed the pro-rated portion for all games going forward after the trade.

Edited by Foxx

21 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Right? But even beyond our situation... would you rather 1 year out of allen hurns, John Ross or amendola (as random names getting 5-6m this year), vs just stashing a guy like Gordon as someone you don’t count on but shows up occasionally for his entire career to date?

It’s like 690k in salary to take him for the rest of this year. How many solidly really good games do you need for that and a 5 to be worthwhile? Like 4? 8? Hell has benjamin cracked 40 yards more than once for us? And he cost way more in cash and picks theoretically 

Exactly. I won’t be upset by any day 3 pick really. If he goes for a day 2 you are starting to see an actual opportunity cost in picking him up and that’s where risk starts to kick in

...Gordon is not a money issue....it's that faulty Intel chip between his ears........this guy is still nursing Gerber strained prunes as his pre-game meal.....never has, did not nor will he EVER get "it"....chalk it up to yet another wasted talent who effed up millions in opportunities......

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Gordon is not a money issue....it's that faulty Intel chip between his ears........this guy is still nursing Gerber strained prunes as his pre-game meal.....never has, did not nor will he EVER get "it"....chalk it up to yet another wasted talent who effed up millions in opportunities......

4 Reasons you trade for Gordon Immediately. 

1.  Josh Allen Development 

2.  Elite WR when on field for 700k and no Future long term risk. 

3.  Stays on field, he is an RFA next year so Low Tender him. Someone Offers a LTD take the 2nd rounder and run. 

4. Josh Allen Development 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

3.  Stays on field, he is an RFA next year so Low Tender him. Someone Offers a LTD take the 2nd rounder and run. 

...FIVE reasons not to..

1. no way

2. not a chance

3. wasted space head case

4. we already spent $3.5 mil on another Cleveland flunkie

5. perfect fit for Plastic Puss Jones' day care..........

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Who cares if he gets it though? Right? That’s kind of my point and you keep going back to the fact that he doesn’t get it. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bingo. Which is why he might go for more than expected 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Who cares if he gets it though? Right? That’s kind of my point and you keep going back to the fact that he doesn’t get it. 

Bingo. Which is why he might go for more than expected 

...he's not even worth an Earl Scheib paint job IMO.....strictly opinion.....................

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...FIVE reasons not to..

1. no way

2. not a chance

3. wasted space head case

4. we already spent $3.5 mil on another Cleveland flunkie

5. perfect fit for Plastic Puss Jones' day care..........

So In essense so football reasons true to form 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So In essense so football reasons true to form 

...best I could do within the confines of my limited abilities...sorry.............

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Do you believe he never catches another pass? Or?

.....SADLY, I believe "catching breaks and catching passes" are no longer in the lad's future, a potentially bright one squandered away along with MILLIONS....

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Get him. I mean will instantly be the No1 WR 

I agree. I mean, at this point what do they have to lose. Best case scenario he really helps Josh Allen’s development and this offense. Worst case scenario, he does nothing and gets cut and the bills pay him virtually nothing and lose a low round draft pick. Just do it Beane!

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

4 Reasons you trade for Gordon Immediately. 

1.  Josh Allen Development 

3.  Stays on field, he is an RFA next year so Low Tender him. Someone Offers a LTD take the 2nd rounder and run. 

a good progressive FO looks at number three alone and makes the trade. The issue is Bills have never proven to be a good progressive FO. 

Great post. Hard to argue against this. 

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

A player in self-preservation mode in his contract year,  another well past his best days, and a player with no love for the game who can’t get it together and is one mistake away from another season long suspension. Doesn’t sound better from where I sit. 

Only Bills fans thumb their noses up at WR help, when their leading WR has 5 catches for 89 yards and 0 TDs in 2 games, and their next leading "receiver" is 30-year old LeSean McCoy who has 5 catches for 28 yards....

Classic Bills fans. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Only Bills fans thumb their noses up at WR help, when their leading WR has 5 catches for 89 yards and 0 TDs in 2 games, and their next leading "receiver" is 30-year old LeSean McCoy who has 5 catches for 28 yards....

Classic Bills fans. 

Yep, all the fans for other teams are clamoring for him. Sheez.

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

So basically "trust the process" as usual with your posts? 

He’s mental AF but if we can take a flyer on Coleman than we can take a flyer on Gordon, but in the end I don’t think we have the cash this year anymore that is going to be needed to take this on.  Next year absolutely but that will be too late. 

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Yep, all the fans for other teams are clamoring for him. Sheez.

Our team is 0-2. 

We are scoring 11.5 points per game. 

Our leading pass catches have 89 yards, 28 yards, 25 yards .....................

But no, its more important for the long term Buffalo Bills to not sign cancers like Dez Bryant or Josh Gordon. Glad the Bills are going for elite morals when signing guys like Anquan Boldin, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

The guy has caught less than 20 passes in the last 4 years. Pick him or not, don’t care personally. But I think the chances of him helping Allen develop or helping our offense are exaggerated. As someone who follows the Browns rather closely, I believe the chances of him going back to his rehab in Florida, retiring, or getting suspended If the Billls trade for him are far greater than him having a positive impact on Allen, the offense, or the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our team is 0-2. 

We are scoring 11.5 points per game. 

Our leading pass catches have 89 yards, 28 yards, 25 yards .....................

But no, its more important for the long term Buffalo Bills to not sign cancers like Dez Bryant or Josh Gordon. Glad the Bills are going for elite morals when signing guys like Anquan Boldin, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley. 

And now McDermott is calling plays. Haha. That'll be hilarious. 

I get your frustration, but no one else has signed Dez and Josh is not worth the agro. My point was WE are NOT the only fans to "thumb our noses at wr help". I am one of the "Classic Bills fans" you refer to and I am saying you are dead wrong. I don't want Dez or Josh, but I am not "thumbing my nose" to help. Again, there is a reason Dez hasn't been signed. He wants too much $ for what he brings to the table(dropsies too). As for Josh, he can go have a drink and a blunt and be done with it. JMO.

What do we have to lose? It's not like him not working out will make them look any dumber than they already do this season. It's not like he can mess up the culture - we're already getting blown out every game. And you just let him go if he does cause issues.

Idgaf about "the process" this season. You need talent. Anywhere you can get it.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Classic Bills fans. 

Not thumbing my nose at the idea of acquiring WR help as we need it more than any team out there. I’m simply saying “pass” on certain wideouts. That may sound like being a choosy beggar, but I believe adding certain players just isn’t worth the trouble down the road.