MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Pretty hilarious start to the game, but the kid has really stormed back and played well so far...he throws those intermediate and passes in the flat very well. 

....anyone know why football fields have those rubber pellets? 

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-function-of-rubber-pellets-in-field-turf

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

how do rubber pellets give you better traction? I'm so confused.

That is what I was told. I always thought that the actual fibers would be slippery and the pellets would help the grip when then rubber cleats made cuts, but the quora answer above disputes that and gives likely better reasons. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

how do rubber pellets give you better traction? I'm so confused.

They do a couple of things. They help prevent a player’s foot from being stuck on the turf (this helps prevent knee injuries which happened all the time on Astro turf) and they soften the field when players land on it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Anybody else offended by that Old Spice commercial with the couple wearing Bills jerseys? Are they trying to say Bills fans have odorous emissions? 

I was but that cause they were wearing a 7 & 26 Jersey who ? Are we that bad they couldn't find a 25 Jersey

Edited by Bronxbomber21

I’d be excited if I was a Jets fan.  They look solid and well coached, and Darnold looks good, despite a poor decision on the first throw.

Hate to say it - and it’s just week one - but we look like the weakest team in the east right now.

Hopefully we rebound next week.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Gotta tip my hat to Darnold with the way he responded to a hugely bad moment on a national stage for everyone to see. Well done, kid. 

So far I see him as a lot like Josh. A few clear rookie mistakes, a couple times holding the ball when he thought his legs could bail him out, and a few darts right on the money. Sam has had a lot more time I think, and Josh never made as horrible an error as the first play. But the overall game and skills seem similar. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

So far I see him as a lot like Josh. A few clear rookie mistakes, a couple times holding the ball when he thought his legs could bail him out, and a few darts right on the money. Sam has had a lot more time I think, and Josh never made as horrible an error as the first play. But the overall game and skills seem similar. 

Except Darnold is getting (excellent) protection.

Just now, Steptide said:

Watching Darnold gives me hope for Allen. I don't think anything Darnold is doing, Allen can't do. Hoping McDermott starts Allen this week

I’d take the Jets receivers and especially O line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

Except Darnold is getting (excellent) protection.

Hence why I said Sam is getting more time. ;)

Last year the relatively few Tyrod fans or defenders left often said he disguises the fact our line stinks, and careful what you wish for. Sometimes watching games the Bills aren't playing you it's almost surprising that these quartbacks almost always have a lot more plays with all day to throw than the Bills. 

28 minutes ago, ny33 said:

Mowins has to go. I'm watching the game in Spanish because she's so unpleasant on the ears.

Yeah, a woman’s voice just doesn’t do it for me for men’s sports.  When The SF Giants opened their new stadium, they chose a woman as their PA announcer.  The first year she wasn’t very good plus it was weird adjusting to a woman's voice. She’s gotten a lot better and still doing it some 25 years later.

Across the Bay, the A’s PA announcer is like the voice of god.

1 minute ago, scribo said:

Not a fan of this crew calling the game.

Most play by play guys annoy the crap out of me with their stupidity or what appears to be them not really paying attention to the game.

The woman doing the play by play tonight has yet to annoy me in such a way. I’ll take a voice I don’t like any day over idiocy. I had to put the Bills game on mute yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Darnold might be a tad faster throwing the ball and getting a good mismatch of Enuwa in the slot. He's playing safe after his first throw. It's hard to say he's playing bad but he's been good for a rookie.