MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Is it just me or did the rocket scientist gain 150 lbs since he got this new gig?

Patricia is also sweating like a pig. Am I correct that Ford Field is an indoor dome/not a retractable roof that's open tonight? If so, why is Todd Bowles wearing a jacket? Patricia looks like he is too. Are they trying to sweat off the weight, Najavo Sweat Lodge style? 

Just now, K-9 said:

Perhaps duress was over-stating it, but he was moving around in the pocket waiting for the play to develop and took advantage of a poor safety play in the process. 

You try taking a snap in an NFL game and tell me you don't feel some duress, regardless of how much time you have. 

I said earlier he looks good for a rookie. It was a good play by him. The duress thing is what made me comment. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps duress was over-stating it, but he was moving around in the pocket waiting for the play to develop and took advantage of a poor safety play in the process. 

You try taking a snap in an NFL game and tell me you don't feel some duress, regardless of how much time you have. 

Shhhh. The wishful-thinking narrative is that any success Darnold has is due to his OL. Don't ruin this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Darnold gave the Lions 7 points. Just handed it to them. One of the very very worst things you can do. His TD was very nice but also easily could have been another pick. Darnold had a nice run, Allen had two nicer runs. Darnold held the ball too long a couple times and got sacked, even though he had much better protection, Josh held the ball a couple times too long and got sacked. Darnold has yet to throw as many really nice passes as Josh did, although it's close. And they both had about a half. 

Darnold's been typical talented rookie QB. Flashes of good, some really bad things. But the more troubling thing is this: the Jets are better than the Bills right now. So are the Dolphins. That's not a good thing since we already typically have 2 division losses before the season even starts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Patricia is also sweating like a pig. Am I correct that Ford Field is an indoor dome/not a retractable roof that's open tonight? If so, why is Todd Bowles wearing a jacket? Patricia looks like he is too. Are they trying to sweat off the weight, Najavo Sweat Lodge style? 

He is sweating because he is fat, out of shape, stressed out and cannot handle standing for too long

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

ESPN's production is terrible.  They muted 

the crowd reaction after that last TD 

and have been doing this all night.  Just a total garbage network now.  They are making it less fun to watch.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 minute ago, QCity said:

Shhhh. The wishful-thinking narrative is that any success Darnold has is due to his OL. Don't ruin this. 

I have NEVER understood the mentality that says you can't tip your hat to the other guy. Other teams have good players, too. Darnold shows a ton of promise and it's easy to see why he was taken where he was. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Darnold gave the Lions 7 points. Just handed it to them. One of the very very worst things you can do. His TD was very nice but also easily could have been another pick. Darnold had a nice run, Allen had two nicer runs. Darnold held the ball too long a couple times and got sacked, even though he had much better protection, Josh held the ball a couple times too long and got sacked. Darnold has yet to throw as many really nice passes as Josh did, although it's close. And they both had about a half. 

Darnold led his O to 17 points. Josh 3. Take away the 7 he gave away and that’s a +10 point net for Darnold.

Darnold has 4 incomplete passes and has shown good accuracy on both short and long throws.

I don’t mind the rookie mistake with the pick 6 if the guy shows the fortitude to shake it off and come back strong. Darnold’s done that.

Darnold does have better protection so it is easier for him but he looks much better than Allen did yesterday.

One game doesn’t a career make though...

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Darnold led his O to 17 points. Josh 3. Take away the 7 he gave away and that’s a +10 point net for Darnold.

Darnold has 4 incomplete passes and has shown good accuracy on both short and long throws.

I don’t mind the rookie mistake with the pick 6 if the guy shows the fortitude to shake it off and come back strong. Darnold’s done that.

Darnold does have better protection so it is easier for him but he looks much better than Allen did yesterday.

He is been practicing with the 1’s since he signed his deal. McDumbass was busy giving important snaps to AJM and Nathan Peterman. One is no longer with the team, those snaps were worth more than a 5th round pick. The other is totally inept. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Commonsense said:

He is been practicing with the 1’s since he signed his deal. McDumbass was busy giving important snaps to AJM and Nathan Peterman. One is no longer with the team, those snaps were worth more than a 5th round pick. The other is totally inept. 

Oh, you’re preaching to the choir on this one. I didn’t care who McDermot named the starter I just wanted him to do it 3-4 weeks

ago so they got the snaps they needed

to prepare for the season.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

Darnold just threw a TD but to a guy who wasn't covered that he was looking to all the way. You say he had 17 points but Josh threw a perfect TD pass that was dropped and Sam threw a good pass that was a great catch. How you one that was better as far as who looks better is beside me. Sam also had two short fields on that 17 points. Josh didn't have one short field. I just think they look similar. Some really good stuff and some really rookie stuff. Sam is in 10x better situation imo. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

I'm sure we picked the wrong QB. Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen will be good and Allen will be bad just like it was in 04 draft. Some things never change.... 

Someone will chime in with the "Allen has barely played; it's one game; etc., etc." And they'll be right. But ... right now, this comment seems to make sense and it has me depressed.