MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

Darnold led his O to 17 points. Josh 3. Take away the 7 he gave away and that’s a +10 point net for Darnold.

Darnold has 4 incomplete passes and has shown good accuracy on both short and long throws.

I don’t mind the rookie mistake with the pick 6 if the guy shows the fortitude to shake it off and come back strong. Darnold’s done that.

Darnold does have better protection so it is easier for him but he looks much better than Allen did yesterday.

One game doesn’t a career make though...

He also has all day to throw and open receivers. It makes a big difference. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Someone will chime in with the "Allen has barely played; it's one game; etc., etc." And they'll be right. But ... right now, this comment seems to make sense and it has me depressed.

Well, we have a long way to go...but if it doesn’t end up working out for Allen and the Bills, the organization has no one to blame but themselves, as all the warning signs were on the wall.

6 minutes ago, MDH said:

Darnold led his O to 17 points. Josh 3. Take away the 7 he gave away and that’s a +10 point net for Darnold.

Darnold has 4 incomplete passes and has shown good accuracy on both short and long throws.

I don’t mind the rookie mistake with the pick 6 if the guy shows the fortitude to shake it off and come back strong. Darnold’s done that.

Darnold does have better protection so it is easier for him but he looks much better than Allen did yesterday.

One game doesn’t a career make though...

He looks better, although I would expect that with the team around him. The rosters are just a bit different , wouldn’t you say ? That Jet team destroyed the Bills last October and they didn’t look the same again after that game. The protection has been pretty good and the running game looks far superior to anything the Bills are capable of doing right now. These things matter. Jets D is pretty good too. If Allen threw that pick six to start the game, the Bills would probably allow TDs on the next 5 defensive series. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Half you people complain about spending what we did on Edmunds and Allen...now Beane didn't spend enough?? Sad!

I was the one who made the original 2nds comment and was fine with being going up on those two.  Edmunds has the potential to be on the first tier of MLB's in this league and loved that trade.

Just now, One Buffalo said:

Darnold looks good... but also he has receivers helping him look good.  

Yeah, well that's part and parcel to a QB looking good, isn't it. I've never seen a QB look good all by himself.