MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Darnold led his O to 17 points. Josh 3. Take away the 7 he gave away and that’s a +10 point net for Darnold.

Darnold has 4 incomplete passes and has shown good accuracy on both short and long throws.

I don’t mind the rookie mistake with the pick 6 if the guy shows the fortitude to shake it off and come back strong. Darnold’s done that.

Darnold does have better protection so it is easier for him but he looks much better than Allen did yesterday.

One game doesn’t a career make though...

He is been practicing with the 1’s since he signed his deal. McDumbass was busy giving important snaps to AJM and Nathan Peterman. One is no longer with the team, those snaps were worth more than a 5th round pick. The other is totally inept. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Commonsense said:

He is been practicing with the 1’s since he signed his deal. McDumbass was busy giving important snaps to AJM and Nathan Peterman. One is no longer with the team, those snaps were worth more than a 5th round pick. The other is totally inept. 

Oh, you’re preaching to the choir on this one. I didn’t care who McDermot named the starter I just wanted him to do it 3-4 weeks

ago so they got the snaps they needed

to prepare for the season.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

Darnold led his O to 17 points. Josh 3. Take away the 7 he gave away and that’s a +10 point net for Darnold.

Darnold has 4 incomplete passes and has shown good accuracy on both short and long throws.

I don’t mind the rookie mistake with the pick 6 if the guy shows the fortitude to shake it off and come back strong. Darnold’s done that.

Darnold does have better protection so it is easier for him but he looks much better than Allen did yesterday.

One game doesn’t a career make though...

Darnold just threw a TD but to a guy who wasn't covered that he was looking to all the way. You say he had 17 points but Josh threw a perfect TD pass that was dropped and Sam threw a good pass that was a great catch. How you one that was better as far as who looks better is beside me. Sam also had two short fields on that 17 points. Josh didn't have one short field. I just think they look similar. Some really good stuff and some really rookie stuff. Sam is in 10x better situation imo. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

I'm sure we picked the wrong QB. Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen will be good and Allen will be bad just like it was in 04 draft. Some things never change.... 

Someone will chime in with the "Allen has barely played; it's one game; etc., etc." And they'll be right. But ... right now, this comment seems to make sense and it has me depressed.