Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

So many double standards here.  If EJ Manuel completes 6/15 passes for 74 yards, folks would be calling him a bum.

it sucks because a bunch of fans knew how garbage this offense was all offseason.  I couldn’t even get mad yesterday (I did watch the game on the bench so that helped ?).  It was so predictable.  We have no talent on offense besides McCoy.  Now because our “starting” qb has possible the worst 3 starts in nfl history, we have to play a guy who has no business playing yet and completely crush his confidence.  The Bills are an absolute joke at developing qbs.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

we have to play a guy who has no business playing yet and completely crush his confidence.  The Bills are an absolute joke at developing qbs.

Oh yeah. Allen has shown he has absolutely no business playing, right? You go girl. You are the expert.

Maybe you'll be right, and hopefully you aren't, but stop with the blinders and certainty of your "agenda". 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Hopefully they do what Baltimore did: sign the best 3 WR's in free agency that they possibly can.

Worked out well for them.

take a look at the 2019 FA class its terrible, has to be first/2nd round draft picks.

I'll sign cobb but really hes the only guy worth it. and at best hes a number 2/3

1 minute ago, BakersBills said:

take a look at the 2019 FA class its terrible, has to be first/2nd round draft picks.

I'll sign cobb but really hes the only guy worth it. and at best hes a number 2/3

Things will change. It's a long season. Players will emerge and some will drop off.

Also, trades can be made.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So many double standards here.  If EJ Manuel completes 6/15 passes for 74 yards, folks would be calling him a bum.

it sucks because a bunch of fans knew how garbage this offense was all offseason.  I couldn’t even get mad yesterday (I did watch the game on the bench so that helped ?).  It was so predictable.  We have no talent on offense besides McCoy.  Now because our “starting” qb has possible the worst 3 starts in nfl history, we have to play a guy who has no business playing yet and completely crush his confidence.  The Bills are an absolute joke at developing qbs.

I dont think that will be the case. Most of the new, young QBs have been thrown to the wolves and come out better for it. If anything, having ZERO talent around him makes it easier for him to keep his mind right. It's about the expectations and pressure the coaching staff puts on him. Put him out now so it will seem even easier when he has an actual OL that can block and WRs that can catch.

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

The receivers did not get a chance to drop Peterman's passes since they rarely were on target or on time or both.  Your arguments in this thread defy logic.  Peterman's performance yesterday was objectively one of the worst ever by a starting QB.  On the other hand, of the 9 passes missed by Allen yesterday (6/15), 4 were dropped, 2 or maybe 3 were clear throwaways, and 2 were off target.  Even one of those you could put on the WR, as Allen threw to Zay's back shoulder and he was late recognizing it because he was hand fighting with the CB.  Call it a miss, does not matter.  Plus he was effective running out of trouble. Peterman looked like a noodle armed, scared kid out there all day.  I was a kind of surprised actually, but there is no getting around it.  He sucks.  Maybe someday he won't, but right now, he does.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BakersBills said:

there NO WRS in FA 2019, none.

no forsight by the bills FO, shouldve went out and got allen robinson or another WR this offseason and waited to invest into the dline

No WRs wanted to come to BUF in free agency this year. The only QB on the roster was Nathan Peterman. Can’t say I blame them. 

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If EJ Manuel completes 6/15 passes for 74 yards, folks would be calling him a bum.

Did you honestly think Allen's stat line resembled his performance? Football stats have meaning but not until after at least 100 reps. If you watched Allen yesterday and thought he played like a 56.0 rated passer I don't know what to tell you. He doesn't look like EJ at all. EJ's problem was that he was too scared to do anything on the field. He hesitated and second guessed himself and his accuracy was terrible. Allen has the opposite problem, he sometimes tries to do too much out there. And he hasn't really been inaccurate.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is the first qb the Bills have had a in a long time that doesn't panic in the pocket from phantom pressure  Even when he's being chased his eyes are downfield  Give this kid a chance.  I don't think he's anywhere near the raw product the talking heads keep saying he is.  Pro style offense in college looking downfield attempting difficult passes Not a check down master padding stats with RAC yardage.  His outside guys need to start winning some battles and making catches.  Benjamin better make a much better effort this week.  I dont think EJ completed that many third and longs on the run in his entire career in buffalo

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Allen fans: explain to me what you loved about watching this? I just see a lot of fastballs outside the strike zone. 

You obviously see what you want to see, but you know what you don’t see? Wide receiver seperation. On a lot of the  throws that miss, if they were tighter, there is a good chance of a interception. Watch Brady, watch almost every other Qb in this league and what you won’t see is almost every freakin pass has to be in a tight window because their receivers can’t get open to save their lives. It’s unbelievable how little of seperation this group gets on every single play...

1 minute ago, Fred Clause said:

You obviously see what you want to see, but you know what you don’t see? Wide receiver seperation. On a lot of the  throws that miss, if they were tighter, there is a good chance of a interception. Watch Brady, watch almost every other Qb in this league and what you won’t see is almost every freakin pass has to be in a tight window because their receivers can’t get open to save their lives. It’s unbelievable how little of seperation this group gets on every single play...

Do you agree they played the same way the first half?

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The joke is your observations, comparing EJ to Allen and not seeing the difference is bad enough. But saying the Bills can’t develop Allan after less than 2 Quarters  of relief with a pathetic surrounding cast is laughable, makes you look ignorant...

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Do you agree they played the same way the first half?

The receivers never got seperation the whole game, nothing changed except one qb actually got his passes into a catchable zone while the other couldn’t...

21 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

No, that’s not what I saw.

Yes, you have proven you are an Allen hater. Other than that throw out your solutions.  You don't have any except to complain. So going forward,  how do you develop our qbs? Bring in a side attraction like Kapernick? He is a cancer. Plus keep in mind the payroll.

1 minute ago, thunderingsquid said:

There are some pretty good WRs with a 2nd round grade next year.   Up to 8 of them.  

Good selection of tackles too.  

Who was the top WR taken in this year's draft? And what did he do this weekend? Counting on rookies to be better than veterans isn't always smart.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, VW82 said:

Wow this turned into a KB hate thread fast.

I think JA is going to continue to struggle with dropped passes until he learns to put some touch on his throws. That dropped TD by Benjamin was an absolute rocket. He should have caught it but it wasn't the easiest throw to catch. Allen had several like that in the preseason too.

Also, is JA going to take any heat for taking away Shady's sure fire TD in the 4th? Can't believe he called his own number there on the RPO when McCoy had an open lane right into the end zone.

Kid needs time to work out the kinks. Let's allow him to come along slowly and develop at his own speed.

Unless they bring in another QB, they have to go with Allen.  If they put Peterman back in, it sends the absolute wrong message...to everybody.  Allen has a lot to learn, but not as much as Peterman.  Allen doesn't look scared.  Peterman (to borrow a phrase from the JP Losman era) plays like he has a "bee in his helmet".  I have no doubt that he is a good guy, and a great teammate, but he may be the worst QB we have seen play in a Bills uniform, this century.  I was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt after the Chargers game last year, but sitting and learning from Tyrod didn't do anything for his game...what good is sitting and learning from Peterman going to do for Allen?  McDermot/Bean really blundered this, in my opinion...they have left themselves with little other choice than to start Allen. Personally, I think he can handle it...if he can't so be it...playing in Buffalo he's going to have to learn fast.

On 9/9/2018 at 7:27 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

I think Benjamin will probably get an earful when they review the film of Peterman's two picks. I'm not defending Peterman, but I'm not so sure KB was working too hard for him either.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2018 at 7:01 PM, Buftex said:

Unless they bring in another QB, they have to go with Allen.  If they put Peterman back in, it sends the absolute wrong message...to everybody.  Allen has a lot to learn, but not as much as Peterman.  Allen doesn't look scared.  Peterman (to borrow a phrase from the JP Losman era) plays like he has a "bee in his helmet".  I have no doubt that he is a good guy, and a great teammate, but he may be the worst QB we have seen play in a Bills uniform, this century.  I was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt after the Chargers game last year, but sitting and learning from Tyrod didn't do anything for his game...what good is sitting and learning from Peterman going to do for Allen?  McDermot/Bean really blundered this, in my opinion...they have left themselves with little other choice than to start Allen. Personally, I think he can handle it...if he can't so be it...playing in Buffalo he's going to have to learn fast.

Agree on everything you said except for Allen being ready. I would have signed or traded for someone. As it is, we're starting Allen. This could get really ugly, really fast. Hope the kid proves me wrong. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

KB needs to stand in front of a football throwing machine turned up to max velocity and just catch balls for an hour

He should have started doing this about 10 years ago.

His hands are terrible. And his body catching is worse.

On 9/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

The guy I watch games with, who knows more football than me, immediately said the best part of that 3rd and 18 play was he threw the ball 25 yards or so. Usually our QBs will throw it 16 even when they make a nice escape 

like that. Really true. He throws it 25 yards on a rope with ease. 

That was my favorite throw of the day, followed closely by the should've been TD.

I'd like to see Allen NOT roll to his left so much,, he can't square his body to pass on the run from that angle.  I guess it might be a product of the right side of the O-line being crap.  He may have no choice but to roll left too often.