Mack Traded!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree that Mack getting 15 sacks a year is speculation, as is predicting a career-ending injury. I'm saying that players and their agents are demanding huge new deals well before their 5th year arrives.

And they are not getting them. So what is the issue again?

We will see how Beane does with roster building.  Trading away players for picks is easier than drafting well and signing free agents that are effective players for their new team.  He has started the process by trading up for and drafting Allen and Edmunds and signing Star and Murphy, among others.  We will need time to evaluate the development of Allen and Edmunds over time, but free agent acquisitions this offseason seem weak with Davis possibly losing a step, Murphy being injured and a bunch of guys who may not be deserving of a roster spot (i.e., Newhouse and Bodine).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bears have much better weapons on offense with a completely revamped receiveing corps that are ready and in place fot Trubisky. 

The Bills had a decent receiving corps for EJ and TT.  Didn't help them much. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And they are not getting them. So what is the issue again?

Sure they are. 

Just now, TPS said:

You only make this trade if you believe you are close—that the rest of your roster is strong enough to make a super bowl run. The Bills are two years away from making that trade. 

So are the Bears.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bears have much better weapons on offense with a completely revamped receiveing corps that are ready and in place fot Trubisky. 

I wouldn't say that.  Robinson is better than anything we have but White hasn't been able to get on the field and Miller has not done anything at the NFL level.  I would rather have their group than ours, but Chicago's offense has a lot to prove.

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet it didnt. He came in played and held out a 5th year option (players do that with Tag as well). 

So again no new deal so was cost controlled for four years and had a trigger point. 

He got re-signed

Mack used his trigger point and got traded 

OBJ used his trigger point (showed up to camp) got extended 

so to say anything different is hypocritical and speculation 

What is stopping these guys from holding out prior to year 5?  Say a team drafts a qb and he puts up monster numbers his first 3 years in the league.  He then decicides to holdout for a new contract.  Do you think a team is going to renegotiate with him or just let him sit?  It's not a new thing that guys hold hold out with multiple years left on their contracts so what is stopping a player on the rookie wage scale from doing this?

I know it hasn't happened yet, but the way players are holding out I can only imagine that it's a matter of time before this happens.

Edited by Zebrastripes

11 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

This now makes the Bears game in November a guaranteed loss.  A 1-15, 2-14 season is a very real possibility.  So, Bosa and Oliver fans should be rejoicing right now.

Unedited footage of Khalil Mack going against Jordan Mills:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17777-1396602515-10

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I wouldn't say that.  Robinson is better than anything we have but White hasn't been able to get on the field and Miller has not done anything at the NFL level.  I would rather have their group than ours, but Chicago's offense has a lot to prove.

They also have Taylor Gabriel.  They are easily better than what the Bills have in place which remains the point. 

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I kind of got triggered by something and went off on a diversion from my actual feelings on Mack. I don’t even really care that much about this exact situation.  I knew all along a team would be willing to play ball and also that it wouldn’t be us. I never even for a second considered it a real possibility. It would be nice to have him but that’s not really what aggrievated me. I just hate the thought that these picks are this important and that the Bears are dumb to give them up. The Bears will be better now, then they were going to be without Mack. I wish the Bills had the same aggression towards gettting better. We have 1 WR that would even see the field for any other team. There are probably less then 10 WRs in the NFL you couldn’t get straight up for a first. I would be exploring trades to get better at that position. Yes we traded for KB, he’s the one good guy we have. Yes we traded for Colman. You also moved up for Zay...Those guys stink. You can’t just give up because you threw a few things at the wall. You don’t stop until the position is acceptable.

OK, so in other words, every receiver in the league except for 10 or less can be had for a 1st round pick, but 1st round picks aren't that important? I'm having a hard time believing in your "logic" here.

33 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Man, the bears are all in on Mitchell. That’s the biggest take away here. The whole administration is willing to bet the whole team on him.

Do we know how good Trubisky is? He wasn’t good last year. I mean I’m not saying he won’t be but he hasn’t proven anything yet.

I’m not ready to say the Bills are going to be good. I don’t know who the QB is yet. If I knew Allen was going to start, then everything else I’m saying right now would be wrong.

Why are people acting like the Bills are so far off? We just made the playoffs. That was the most recent event that took place that actually mattered. We lost by 7, on the road, to a team that went to the AFC championship game. The reason we lost was because our QB could not move the ball against teams that took away the run. We got rid of that qb and drafted the qb of the future (apparently) We have 2 vet QBs that (IMO) will execute an NFL offense better then the guy we had. Most of the team is the same. A lot of these guys are now in year 2 of this system on defense. The offense is different but probably won’t be worse....How are the Bears more ready to make a swing like this then us?

What are people basing this off of? It would have to be preseason. That is ridiculous. No games that matter have been played. Nobody has a clue what this team will be like. I feel like the Bills are close. Much closer then the Bears. By my count, the Bills were 3 wins from the Super Bowl last year. The bears barely had 3 wins total. People are talking like we are 14 starters away from being competitive. If Edmunds is ready and we can stop the run, we are going to be right there in the hunt. If our defense can stop the run, we will be in every game.  If Peterman starts, we are going to be very close to where we were last year.

I would like to see a guard added and Ducasse out. I want to have another legit WR brought in to help out KB. That’s it. That’s all I think we need honestly. We need a pass rush in general, but let’s see what it looks like with game plans and all the starters healthy. I don’t see where this idea is coming from, that the Bills are drafting in the top 5. If we start Allen, absolutely. We are winning 2 games with Allen. If Peterman starts, we are a tweak from the playoffs and I’m the furthest thing from a homer. I am a realist. This coach is good. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I mean I'd rather have Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel than whatever we'll be trotting out but I wouldn't call that corps completely revamped.

I just think this is the wrong move for almost any team. Mack is elite, and it's certainly exciting to have players like that, but this isn't the NBA. NFL teams have to plan for strong teams, not mediocre teams with a couple great players (unless you're talking about one of the handful of elite QBs).

Using 2 firsts for a great player on a rookie pay scale is one thing. Paying a huge contract for one is another. Doing both? The Bears will get some excitement with Mack, but they've mortgaged their future.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

This should keep the Bears in the division basement for a few years.

No, the Lions will be in the basement.  The Bears will be competitive, but they have the Pack and Vikes ahead of them.

2 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Repeat those words on October 29th while you are watching Brady gash our defense with 300 yards and 3 TD's because we don't have a pass rusher. 

Yet another good angle.  The Bills have one huge problem in the division and it’s number 12 - Mack would have helped solve that problem.

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In comparison to last season it certainly is. 

Means little if the guy pulling the trigger isn't very good.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Yet another good angle.  The Bills have one huge problem in the division and it’s number 12 - Mack would have helped solve that problem.

I’m telling you, the fans here aren’t ready for what is going to happen this season.  Lots of folks preaching patience in this thread will be the first to start panicking after a winless September.

Pre-season 2017 called...

Raiders didn’t have the cash in hand to get the Mack deal done.  In order to sign Mack all the guaranteed money must be put into escrow...90 mil. They didn’t have that on hand apparently. Carrs deal, stadium and moving fee seems to have cost them

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This should keep the Bears in the division basement for a few years.

If Trubisky is a bust, and there's ample reason to believe he will be, this is definitely true. Trading two 1st round picks and more for a star pass rusher is the kind of move you make when you know your QB is good. I'm glad Mack is in the NFC though. After this season we won't see him again for 4 years.

8 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

What is stopping these guys from holding out prior to year 5?  Say a team drafts a qb and he puts up monster numbers his first 3 years in the league.  He then decicides to holdout for a new contract.  Do you think a team is going to renegotiate with him or just let him sit?  It's not a new thing that guys hold hold out with multiple years left on their contracts so what is stopping a player on the rookie wage scale from doing this?

I know it hasn't happened yet, but the way players are holding out I can only imagine that it's a matter of time before this happens.

When it actually happens then people will worry about it. But I bet CBA expires before it ever does

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm telling you, there are fans here who are actually fans of the team and hope for them to do well, as opposed to those who take some perverse pleasure in bashing them all the time.   

Lots of folks preaching doom and gloom will be surprised if they do better than what they want.  You know, like last year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Repeat those words on October 29th while you are watching Brady gash our defense with 300 yards and 3 TD's because we don't have a pass rusher. 

Will do. Because interior pass rush means more than anything and the reason why Darnold is more impactful for a team

Just now, TPS said:

As others have stated, they are further along than the Bills, as well as having a year of experience with Trubisky.

How do you figure?  Did they make the playoffs last year?  Has anyone even seen their starting offense in pre-season?